A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: weezie13 Where are you from???? Part 3 - April 26th, 2006 at 01:24 PM
Where are you from???? Part 3

just editing out a broken link
Posted By: 'Sparagus Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - April 29th, 2006 at 12:40 PM
The Lehigh Valley, PA. Which is about 55 miles from Philly (where I grew up) and 75 miles from NYC.

Karen flw
Posted By: mich168 Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 1st, 2006 at 08:53 AM
Redondo Beach, CA

Right on the coast about 10 miles south-west of Los Angeles

muggs
Posted By: Marina Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 2nd, 2006 at 09:02 AM
Alexandria Virgina a few miles from the Washington DC line

smile
Posted By: PAR_Gardener Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 3rd, 2006 at 01:34 AM
Schaumburg, Illinois a suburb of Chicago
Posted By: SassyManal Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 3rd, 2006 at 03:43 PM
I'm living in TN but i'm from Palestine.
Posted By: Saved by Grace Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 3rd, 2006 at 04:40 PM
We live in Kansas
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 9th, 2006 at 05:11 AM
I am from Amarillo, TX but live in KS now
Posted By: Tonya Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 12th, 2006 at 06:11 AM
Holden Beach, North Carolina...about 20 miles south of Wilmington, NC and about 40 miles north of Myrtle Beach, SC. grinnnn flw
Posted By: Sir Ts Princess Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 17th, 2006 at 01:37 PM
I'm from Florida, About 40 minutes from Panama City Beach and 45 minutes from Tallahassee.
Posted By: rubberbandman Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 18th, 2006 at 03:56 PM
Hugoton, Kansas. Anly one county away from being in the complete southwest corner of Kansas.
Posted By: chenno Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 21st, 2006 at 02:42 AM
Green Bay Wisconsin, commonly known for The Packers,beer and cheese.
Posted By: HKLIMSA Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 23rd, 2006 at 06:13 AM
I am from Central NY town called Lafayette,
Posted By: connickfan Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 25th, 2006 at 06:51 AM
Birmingham, Alabama smile
Posted By: Squirrel Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 26th, 2006 at 07:45 AM
Across the Susquehanna River from Harrisbury, Pa. Sue
Posted By: kt Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 30th, 2006 at 10:46 AM
hi i am from north west england
Posted By: Mrs.Bradley Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 31st, 2006 at 05:07 AM
We are from Brookings, Oregon... on the coast about 10 minutes( or less) north of the California Border on Beautiful, scenic highway 101
Posted By: MARY JO Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - May 31st, 2006 at 10:11 AM
i am in salisbury n.c. and weezie i would love to spend all day in ur garden its heavenly.mary
Posted By: netwiz Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 1st, 2006 at 06:47 AM
Hi all, I'm new to the site and live in York, PA.

Hi Squirrel! I'm about 30 minutes from Harrisburg. We should get together with Jocyln in Philly and trade some of our plants. Hmmm, since I'm in between the two of you we should meet at my house so I can get expert advice on what the heck I'm doing! laugh Actually, I really would love to meet up with other local gardeners and definitely have some yucca to give away for anyone interested. Great thread!

Joanne
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 2nd, 2006 at 08:07 AM
Mary Jo.....Howdy neighbor! wavey

Good to see another red clay dweller. thumbup

Mator
Posted By: Stuspot Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 2nd, 2006 at 09:38 AM
I'm from South Dakota. I live in the north east corner, where a big thing people say is, "40 below keeps the riff-raff out." laugh I haven't seen 40 below much, but it does get really cold here some years.
Posted By: pagarden Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 3rd, 2006 at 07:15 AM
born and raised south floridian- zone 10b. moved up north 4 years ago and now reside in NE PA zone 6a (i'm pretty sure). i love having seasons and growing tulips, and all the seasonal stuff but sometimes i sure do miss the citrus trees, my passionflower vine, frangipani and other year round tropicals.
Posted By: joyce_grower Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 4th, 2006 at 09:58 AM
WV about 35 minutes from Pittsburgh, PA
Posted By: firsttimer Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 8th, 2006 at 07:38 AM
South central South Dakota here! Not usually as cold as northeast corner, but pretty close! wavey
Posted By: Curious Nick Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 9th, 2006 at 12:41 AM
Rochester, NY...The Flower City! Home of the annual Lilac Festival!
Posted By: Shawna M Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 14th, 2006 at 05:43 PM
Fort St James, British Columbia, Canada,the historic capital of BC, celebrating our bicentenial this year. We are zone 1b/2a...a real challenge sometimes!
Posted By: sunflower_info Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 16th, 2006 at 05:54 AM
I live in Ewing, which is just north of Trenton, in the Garden State, New Jersey.
Posted By: Bernice Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 16th, 2006 at 04:30 PM
I'm in Northeast Iowa living on the state line road of MN and IA. Zone 3. wavey
Posted By: CatherineC Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 19th, 2006 at 04:59 PM
hello everyone i'm from lansing michigan. gota love it here the only state you get four season in one day.
Posted By: Zenith Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 19th, 2006 at 11:57 PM
Hello I'm from Australia, Queensland.

If you want to see some pictures of Queensland go to My web page and go to Pictures also feel free to have a look around at links etc.

Will have a nice update of pictures from Maroochydore in a few weeks provides I take a few good shots worth showing on my site. smile
Posted By: cookinmom Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 23rd, 2006 at 08:11 AM
Hi, from Jacksonville, in "muggy buggy Northeast Florida", 20 miles from Georgia!
angell
Posted By: HKLIMSA Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - June 24th, 2006 at 02:34 AM
I am from Lafayette NY
Posted By: badplanter Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 4th, 2006 at 05:06 PM
hey!! Staten Island, NY here--"the forgotten borough" nobody seems to notice that we are just 1 bridge away from the Manhattan part of NYC! SI ROCKS!!!
Posted By: LibbyBuck Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 5th, 2006 at 02:30 AM
Denver, CO!!! Hot hot hot in the summer, sometimes cold in the winter - but mostly a lovely place to live (for the weather anyway)
:rolleyes:
Posted By: Bamboo Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 5th, 2006 at 07:39 AM
Born and brought up in London, I still live here and I love it!! However I am originally from Bangladesh - my father emigrated here in the Seventies.
Posted By: Krystal Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 5th, 2006 at 01:02 PM
Hi everyone wavey

From Edmonton, Alberta here, nice to see a few canucks lingering in the forums!! But, no matter everyone here is super friendly!!

So cheers everyone!! muggs
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 5th, 2006 at 01:41 PM
I'm in Encinitas, EN-CIN-KNEE-DISS, which is actually San Diego. I'm in the northern (coolest) part.
My area is called North County Coastal, about 3 miles from the beach.
I mean cool temperature-wise ! laugh
Posted By: HarleyGal Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 7th, 2006 at 12:03 PM
I'm in the middle of nowhere, make a right and you're there! wink Better known as Caswell County, NC! And we love it!!

We have about 8 acres in a large county that only has a little over 21,000 people and the biggest town only has a poplulation of about 2,000; that's the county seat! There are now 3, yup! count 'em, 3 stop lights in the county! I tell everyone, I'm Southern by choice, not by birth!
Posted By: Fi Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 11th, 2006 at 07:04 PM
I am from the Hunter Valley, New South Wales, Australia. Long hot summers and cool winters. Lots of vineyards.
Posted By: MarkInNC Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 11th, 2006 at 11:29 PM
About 20 miles North of Wilmington, North Carolina and about 2 miles from the Ocean. Lots of nice things about the area, but from a growing standpoint I have mostly sand to work with in the yard which means lots of mushroom compost.

Mark
Posted By: Nobby Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 12th, 2006 at 08:14 AM
Bloomfield, CT. Just outside Hartford for 6 years.
Originally Hitchin, Herts, England.
Lived most my adult life in Ravenna, Forli and Firenze, Italy.
Posted By: hdsporty97 Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 13th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
I live on a farm south of Iroquois SD. Closest neighbor is 2 miles away and I love it!!! Temp today--102! flw mad
Good to see that there's other South Dakotans on here!!!
Posted By: 4freshair Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 14th, 2006 at 04:43 AM
HI! Long Island NY here. 7 miles from beach, one hour from NYC and 1 1/2 hours from ski slopes. Great location in that regard, but you pay out the (you know what) for it. Crowded, crowded, crowded, and incase I wasn't clear... CROWDED. I moved here from Queens in the very early 70's and it was spacious, oh boy what a change now. So sad, really. Weather bites.. summer too hot and humid, winters freezing, springs are alright if you don't blink and miss them and the autumn is beautiful.
Posted By: Rite2u Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 15th, 2006 at 10:27 PM
Hi!
I call home South Florida. I was born in southern Georgia, but raised in Miami (always no more than 10 miles from the beach). Over the years I have lived in Chicago (Evanston), New Jersey (the shore area) and Detroit. I had my first vegetable garden in Detroit in the early 90s. Had tomatoes and cucumbers (they grew great) and planted begonias and dahlias I got from the local farmers market. It was always sad to see them wither during the winter months.
Now I'm back in S. Florida and have almost year-round growing and have gotten back into planting and watching things grow. Digging in the dirt helps relieve stress and I get a beautiful flower in return.
Rite
Posted By: weakley63 Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 17th, 2006 at 03:45 PM
HI All!!! I'm a born and bred Kentuckian. flw flw
Posted By: corabell Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 18th, 2006 at 02:40 AM
New York right at the mouth of the Niagara river and lake Ontario.
Posted By: obezanna Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 18th, 2006 at 10:18 AM
Hi! I'm from Sandy, UT. It's about 20-ish miles south of Salt Lake City.
Posted By: ArmyWifeGardener Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 18th, 2006 at 03:22 PM
I am a military brat who married a military man... so I guess I am homeless... In my 33 years I have lived...

Tacoma, WA
Wausau, WI
Texas
Medical Lake, WA
Clark AB, Philippines
Vandenburg AFB, CA (Lompoc)
Medical Lake, WA (again!)
Daytona Beach, FL
Fort Rucker, AL (Dothan)
Fort Campbell, KY (Hopkinsville)
Fort Rucker, AL (back again!)
Denver, CO
Fort Bragg, NC (Fayetteville)
Monterey, CA
Fort Rucker, AL (Yep, the third time!)

In the fall we are off to Fort Eustis, VA (Newport News)
Posted By: summergirl Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 24th, 2006 at 10:20 AM
hello Everyone

sparagus
I'm orginally from the lehigh valley, I now live in Stroudsburg PA.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 24th, 2006 at 11:25 AM
ArmyWifeGardner, my niece got married 2 years ago at a wooden chapel on Fort Eustis.

I too am an Army brat. I was born at Fort Bragg, NC.

Lived in
France
Germany
Harbor City, California
Charlotte, NC
Rolling Hills, CA
Fort Sill, OK
Buena Park, CA
Fort Huachuca, Arizona
Rolling Hills, CA again
Charlotte, NC again
Schofield Barracks, Oahu, Hawaii
Fort Benning, GA
Columbus, GA
Charlotte, NC again

Now I live in Monroe, NC. I was in 7th grade before I realized that everyone didn't move around like us. I was living in Arizona and a girl in school with me had lived on that base her whole life. I was amazed.
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 25th, 2006 at 02:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I live in LaGrange, Kentucky. It's about 20 miles northeast of Louisville. wavey

I'm not much of a gardener but I sure like this online community! muggs clp
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 26th, 2006 at 06:38 AM
Hello everyone! I live in Le Sueur, MN. That is about 55 miles southwest of Minneapolis/St. Paul. I am just starting out gardening as I moved into my house in the country a year ago and am falling in love with gardening. This is an awesome place to come and chat with people and I have learned so many things from everybody here. Thank you so much! wavey
Posted By: flame_lily Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - July 27th, 2006 at 02:54 PM
wavey Howdy All,

Newbie to the forum. Originally from sunny South Africa now located in SE TX by way of NJ .. came to the States back in '97 to wed my "Yankee Sweetheart" ..
Posted By: chermoni Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - August 2nd, 2006 at 11:30 AM
I live in the northwest area of Seattle, WA.
Posted By: gheerstrumpetvines Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - August 6th, 2006 at 07:03 AM
Hi! I'm from Orient, Adair County, Iowa. I'm 13 miles from the nearest town in any direction...so I'm pretty much in the middle of nowhere and loving it. wavey
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - August 6th, 2006 at 09:34 AM
On a farm near Page, North Dakota. A very small town about 50 miles from Fargo, North Dakota. Hi! wavey
Posted By: Pekemom Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - August 9th, 2006 at 12:41 AM
The town is Lady Lake, Florida, in the Central part of the state, about ninety minutes North of Orlando!
Posted By: M. D. Vaden of Oregon Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - August 27th, 2006 at 10:58 AM
We were in Beaverton, Oregon, when I registered here.

In 2005, we moved to Ruch with a Jacksonville, Oregon address.

I made a page for people who might wonder where we moved to...

Applegate Valley of Southern Oregon
Posted By: Barb Illinois Zone 5 Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - September 25th, 2006 at 05:38 AM
Home is Joliet, Illinois - about 40 miles SW of downtwn Chicago. Zone 5a or 5b depending on where in the yard you stand. Joliet is home of the beautiful Rialto Theater as well as Stateville Correctional Facility of 'Blues Brothers' fame (well before it Prison Break' or 'Break Out' or whatever that shiw is called, lol!
Posted By: gailo Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - October 8th, 2006 at 08:58 PM
Our home is in Wittman, Maryland near St Michaels on the Eastern Shore. It is definitely country and the Chesapeake Bay is the back yard.
Originally from south FL then lived in CA retiring here.
Posted By: treelove Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - October 11th, 2006 at 11:06 PM
right now we are in Franklin Park, NJ (15 min drive from Princeton), zone 6. But will move soon (within next year), probably a little more upnorth, somewhere within an hour drive from NYC.
Posted By: glenda Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - November 15th, 2006 at 04:46 AM
I am in Doncaster.South yorkshire. England.Doncaster is known for its racecourse where the ST Ledger race is run the first Saturday in September.
Posted By: reba Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - November 23rd, 2006 at 10:46 PM
wavey Right now,Mapleton Oregon,14 miles from the ocean.Raised in Baton Rouge and Kansas City.Next stop is most likely Oklahoma cause the cost of living here is killing me! frown
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - November 28th, 2006 at 05:34 AM
Hi wavey I was born in Oklahoma (part Cherokee Indian), was raised in Indiana, lived my married years in California, now I live in Ohio.
Posted By: mark852784 Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 7th, 2006 at 01:21 AM
I am from a town called Caistor in the UK......
Posted By: flowersgrowing Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 8th, 2006 at 03:55 AM
Constanta | Romania
A town near the Black Sea.
Posted By: chenno Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 8th, 2006 at 06:20 AM
Wow..how interesting, all the locations;-)
I am in the frozen Tundra, Wisconsin...looking forward to hearing from the far away places and there growing patterns:-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 8th, 2006 at 06:56 AM
i'm in pennsylvania...just the other side of the country, not the world...
Posted By: Murphy Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 12th, 2006 at 01:07 PM
I live in Greenville Pa. about halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie, and about 5 mile from the Ohio line.
Posted By: mark852784 Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 12th, 2006 at 01:37 PM
[Linked Image]

Caistor, Lincolnshire......... United Kingdom!!
The land of Cottage Gardens.
Posted By: rubberbandman Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 13th, 2006 at 02:37 PM
I live in Seattle Washington.
Posted By: chermoni Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 14th, 2006 at 12:23 AM
Hi Rubberbandman, I'm in seattle as well! It's always nice to see people that live near me.
Posted By: Hadeda Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 02:35 AM
I live in Pietermaritzburg which is in South Africa
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 02:57 AM
Its in Canada....Ontario is one of the provinces of Canada.....we have Niagara Falls here...ever heard if those???
Posted By: Hadeda Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 02:59 AM
Yep my sister has visited it
Posted By: Hadeda Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 03:04 AM
It's winter in Canada right now as I know of
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 03:11 AM
Its supposed to be winter here....my grass on my front lawn is green.
Normally its -15 here and lots of snow!!!
WE are a big tourist town and have a ski resort, so we had better get some more snow and soon, the hills are open to ski on, the resort was lucky to have some really cold days to blow a good base, but if we dont get more, that willl be gone too.
Posted By: Hadeda Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 03:21 AM
I hope it snows soon because you folks seem to need it frown
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 03:26 AM
Originally posted by penny in ontario:
I am about 3 hours away from there....about 2 hours north of Toronto.
Hi Hadeda,
I'm about 1 1/2 hours South of it.... wavey
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 03:28 AM
Hey....if you are that close Weezie....are you going to Wrennie's next summer then.....i would love to meet you????
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 03:33 AM
Can't, that same weekend you guys all picked
is my Family Reunion.. and i'ts our turn to have it at my moms' and I am THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES ANY WORK FOR IT.. :p :rolleyes:
but, talk to me when you guys get closer to that time/date and I'll see if I can swing a meeting with you and Christina on your way thru....
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - December 16th, 2006 at 03:35 AM
I would love that....we are crossing at Buffalo and i know thats closer for you.....why is it that everyone is for a reunion and one person is the only one who plans it and does all the work for it.
Posted By: redneckinwayz Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - January 22nd, 2007 at 03:55 AM
Way Southern Middle Tennessee, almost Mississippi, well almost Alabama.....

Heck almost where the three states meet.
Posted By: gooderboy Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - March 3rd, 2007 at 09:10 PM
Originally posted by weezie13:
Where are you from???? Part 3

Here's the link to Part 2
... hi there Weezie... I'm a transplanted refugee from the megalopolis of Los Angeles to the land of 'ahs'... or, northwest Kansas... lol, or, like the opposite extreme... and as in almost 300 miles from any appreciable sized city. in all directions... and and and, I just loves it... and here's to country living too.
Posted By: dirt in my diamonds Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - March 8th, 2007 at 03:20 PM
Hey- I'm the third one I see from Salisbury, NC! How interesting considering it's relatively small!

I'm in Elgin, IL now but I sure do miss "home"

'Manda
Posted By: Joni_P Re: Where are you from???? Part 3 - March 17th, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Western Iowa ~ Southeast of Sioux City smile
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]