A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: melcon6 OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 05:17 PM
I'll be coming down to MA for school vacation, the week of the 18th, do you want to get together? Duh
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 05:19 PM
grinnnn Ohhh that would be Great Mel!! clp

Where are you going to be??
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 05:27 PM
I'll be staying in Leominster, but my favorite exit off of 495 is #38 and that's got to be close to you. They have everything there, I wonder if there's a friendly's or something.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 05:43 PM
I hope you's get the chance to meet as well.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 06:22 PM
Hmmm what is off 38? ... I am close I am right off exit 41B I think Rte 28 north...
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 07:50 PM
Well, what's around there?
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 08:12 PM
There are a bunch of little places!! Hmm Let me check into it and I will let you know OK... I never go downtown Lawrence so I will see if I can find a decent place in North Andover or something .. Or what is off 38 what town is that?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 08:16 PM
Very cool that you guys get to meet! thumbup
Posted By: chenno Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 10:54 PM
thumbup
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 6th, 2007 at 11:34 PM
I think it's the Rt. 38/ exit 38 to Wilmington.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 01:31 AM
That is not far at all to me if there is a place in that area that you like Mel... as well it is a sunday which makes it easy for me to get out... Just let me know where you wanna meet and I will be there .. if you have a food prefarance let me know and I will find it!! wink
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 01:36 AM
Are you talking rte 38 or exit 38? Keith said there is applebees and frienly's off of rte 38.. I think they may be the same exit near lowell??
Posted By: Triss Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 01:53 AM
Oh how exciting, another meeting!
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 02:45 AM
It is exciting!! I will make sure we have fun!! thumbup Are you up for it Mel?? wink Just kidding really you seem like a cool person to meet!! thumbup
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 12:03 PM
Oh yeah, I'm cool! Duh
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Have you ever been to the butterfly place, Rita?

Check this out!
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 04:15 PM
Ohhh that is wicked Cool Mel I have always wondered where that place was!! thumbup Sure we could go there!!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 05:12 PM
I was talking to my kids about it this morning and we went last time about 2 years ago and they both started jumping up and down , saying Yay! We want to go there again!!!! And I need some pointers for raising my black swallowtails. I've got about 15 chrysalis' wintering over right now! thumbup I'll have my nieces too, what day is good for you?
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 05:14 PM
It's not far from you at all, probably 30 minutes.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 7th, 2007 at 08:14 PM
clp I hope you's can get together!!!
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 8th, 2007 at 02:30 PM
Yeah it is close .. Sunday is a good day for me.. I think the Boys would love it!! Though if that day don't work for you I could be free anytime your wanting to go!! thumbup
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 14th, 2007 at 02:20 PM
Sunday is the day I will be travelling down, so if we meet that day, it would have to be in the afternoon at some place like Friendly's or McD's. We can do that and the Butterfly Place, which I'm thinking of doing on Tuesday....... grinnnn
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 14th, 2007 at 02:49 PM
Ohhh that sounds great Mel.. I will Pm you my phone and Cell # so you can get ahold of me so we can figure out all the details OK ... And What ever restaurant is totally fine with me! Sure hope the snow is gone by then!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 14th, 2007 at 02:51 PM
Oh I was thinking the same thing, Rita, that I should have edited my post to say "weather permitting............." laugh :p :rolleyes:
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 14th, 2007 at 02:54 PM
Yeah it sure is UGLY here right now! it is sleeting and then turns to snow... Yuck!
Posted By: chenno Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 15th, 2007 at 03:03 PM
I hope you guys have fun:-) wish I could join ya...
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 15th, 2007 at 07:11 PM
I know, me too....but have fun you guys!!!!!!
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 17th, 2007 at 12:37 PM
wish everyone was there too!! kissies

Umm Mel I will give you a call this evening to figure out where we can meet up OK thumbup
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 02:29 AM
Okay, so the plan is in place! wavey
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 02:37 AM
We will have fun I am sure Mel!! wink thumbup clp
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 02:40 AM
As well as the kids!! wink
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 08:57 PM
It was very Nice meeting you Mel!! You are a very nice person!
I will see you again on Tuesday! thumbup clp
Posted By: jonni13 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 09:14 PM
Are you going to be able to manage the Butterfly place togather?
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 09:43 PM
Yeah we are ... It is going to be fun! I love Butterflies!! cool
Posted By: Triss Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 10:03 PM
Oh how cool! Did you get pics?
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 10:17 PM
No not today Triss... No good pics when your feeding your face laugh I am sure we will get some on tuesday!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 10:32 PM
Hi ! wavey It was so nice meeting with Rita! smile She is so nice ! Her kids were adorable and well behaved and they just ran off with my kids and played so well together, you would've thought they were long lost cousins! laugh

The little one Mitchy cracked me up so much. We were at a Burger King with an indoor playspace. We could sit and talk at a small table and the kids could run and climb and play. Little Mitchy kept running into the web of tunnels and tubes, then sliding down the very long and twisty enclosed slide, then he would run over to us sitting at the table and cry out with so much joy and enthusiasm, "I go down the SLIDE!!!!"

And her Nicky and my Matthew clicked with their obsessions with "The Bear Brothers Band" and thought of themselves as little rock stars, both complete with the dark sunglasses, Matthew with his sideways baseball bat and Nicky with his long Bon Jovi hair.

Then Rita totally made my day when she whipped out a bag of her famous beef jerky from her purse! thumbup
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 10:35 PM
P.S. I just climbed out of the hot tub , I'm fixing to get myself a drink of kahlua and milk(it's after five! ), listening to Rhianna and my BIL made a nice chicken dinner! grinnnn
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Ohhh I want that hot tub right about now LOL I will bring my camera with me when we meet up at the butterfly place!
Sorry I was in rough shape! laugh
Your Kids were very cute and well mannered.. Very sweet! thumbup

Ps thanks for typing all that cause I really can't right now laugh laugh It would of taken me forever LOL
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 11:00 PM
How cool that you both met! muggs

Can't wait to see pics from your next get together...Tuesday right?
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 11:00 PM
Yep on tuesday Loz thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 18th, 2007 at 11:01 PM
Sounds like a good time. I guess I can wait for pics until Tuesday. thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 19th, 2007 at 01:56 PM
laugh laugh thumbup Glad you's got to meet!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 19th, 2007 at 02:14 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time. I can't wait to see pics at the butterfly place!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 19th, 2007 at 02:49 PM
You's might have to wait until Friday for the pics, I need to have new tires put on my car , they are dangerously bald. And I'm trying to coordinate six peoples schedules to go there, so tentatively it looks like Friday fits for everyone!

I'm calling around right now to try and get my car in today or tomorrow.
Posted By: chenno Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 19th, 2007 at 08:31 PM
Sounds like you guys and the kids had a great time clp clp have fun Tuesday, look forward to pics:-)
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 20th, 2007 at 01:11 PM
Tuesday got moved to Friday But that is OK I will feel better by then!! thumbup
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 22nd, 2007 at 09:27 PM
Ohhhh Mel!! What time tomarrow? wavey
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 12:23 PM
laugh wavey
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 12:48 PM
laugh laugh See you then!! wavey
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 02:35 PM
Have a great time you guys thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: badplanter Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 04:10 PM
thumbup grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 05:33 PM
Have fun you two!!
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 09:29 PM
Sorry we did not wish to have photos posted of us! wink But we really did enjoy the time we spent together!! thumbup
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 09:31 PM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 09:32 PM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 09:33 PM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is the Biggest one I seen all day isnt it beautiful!! shocked laugh
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 09:57 PM
What beautiful butterflies!!!!

Why didn't you want to show us pictures of you two?! eek
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 09:57 PM
Oh, found them!! thumbup
Posted By: plantqueen Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 10:11 PM
Beautiful butterflies! Happy to hear that the two of you had a great time! thumbup
Posted By: chenno Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 10:19 PM
Glad you 2 had fun;-) cool...Looks like a really neat place.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 10:30 PM
It really was a beautiful place!! I wanna go back a lot more.. something about butterflies dive bombing your head is sooo cool and peaceful!
Posted By: Triss Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 10:39 PM
Very nice pics!!! I am so happy the two of you had a great time.
Posted By: chenno Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 10:40 PM
I bet!!! thumbup Love butterflies...
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 11:54 PM
Oh Rita, your pictures came out AWESOME!!!! I'm glad you got to posting them , I'm too tired to get them uploaded right now and not sure mine will be as good as yours!

It went by too quick, but with all that snow, it was hard to hang out there. I'll get my pictures up soon, I'm home now and unpacking, lots of laundry!
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 23rd, 2007 at 11:58 PM
Thanks Mel That is a long drive..well with 2 kids! wink Hope to meet up again when your down this way kissies thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 24th, 2007 at 03:08 AM
Wow Those butterflies are beautiful!! The blue one really is stunning! thumbup Glad you guys met Sweeeeeet!!!

Dang it looks sooo cold there!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 24th, 2007 at 03:36 AM
That place looks like a very educational location to take kids. I would love to go!

Glad to hear that y'all had fun...

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 24th, 2007 at 06:14 PM
Nice pictures!
Man, Brennan would LOVE to go there!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 24th, 2007 at 08:00 PM
Yes, it is very educational and just a lot of interesting fun. I've put my pictures HERE along with Rita's ! So check it out! grinnnn
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 24th, 2007 at 11:04 PM
thumbup You got alot I never seen!! Most of the ones I got were right by the wall...
Its a GREAT place for kids! thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: OH Rita!!!!!!!!! - February 26th, 2007 at 02:10 PM
What beautiul butterflies and i am so happy that you's got to meet thumbup thumbup thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]