A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Jeannette Healthierheart - December 31st, 2006 at 06:33 PM
Hi,
My name is Jeannette, otherwise known as Healthierheart. I'm new here and I wanted to post a little about myself.
I live in Florida and I like needlecrafts. I was searching for something on the net and that's how I came across this site.
I have never been much of a gardener. Once I grew a tiny green pepper from a seed (that I got from the old pepper). LOL I surprised myself. It was so tiny. I must not have watered it enough. I don't know what zone I live in either.
I wonder if anything can grow in sand worth anything. It seems like that's all there is here in Florida.
I'm in my early 50's and I 'm single now. I've had 3 children. I raised 2 and adopted one child out.
I work right now as a live-in attendant. I spend alot of time on the computer. I go to church and I'm a Christian. My dad has passed and my Mom lives in SC.
If you all have any questions that I may have missed about myself, please feel free to ask.
Posted By: cherokeerose Re: Healthierheart - December 31st, 2006 at 09:13 PM
Hi
Welcome. My kids live in Forida.
go to the library and look up gardening guides for your part of the country. Soil has to be amended frequently before planting anyway.
Good Luck!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Healthierheart - December 31st, 2006 at 11:54 PM
wavey

Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

I just checked the USDA zone map for your zone, and taking a guess, I would say you are in zone 9b, or something close to it. thumbup
My area has HEAVY clay, and I manage; something can be grown anywhere! laugh laugh

Hope to see you around often!

--Mark--
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Healthierheart - January 1st, 2007 at 02:42 AM
Hi there,

Welcome to the Forum
Posted By: netty Re: Healthierheart - January 1st, 2007 at 09:04 PM
Hello Jeannette wavey
Welcome!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]