A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: dodge I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 2nd, 2007 at 01:00 AM
[Linked Image]

Here is a photo of the Head and hands .....Now Problem is, I have no pattern to make the body. OR clothes..For Lil Haley?????????
Help help help.

dodge confused confused confused
Posted By: Merme Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 3rd, 2007 at 09:51 PM
If you are comfortable working with muslin, that would be the best choice for the body. It is sold at lost cost and is usually 24 inches wide.

Draw a pattern that looks good to you on newsprint opened to its fullest size and make a mock up with the muslin. If you try to aim it toward a specific size, it will be easier later to get/make clothes. So... look at patterns to see information on chest measurement etc, then you'll know the proportion your mock up should have.

Otherwise, if you make her an irregular size, you'll have to make the clothes accordingly.

Merme
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 3rd, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Ohhh Barb let me check I have a Huge box of patterns and cloths patterns I found at a yard sale let me see if I can find one that would work... Have your Addy I will send you some OK .. thumbup
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 3rd, 2007 at 11:41 PM
Barb is it the same size as like a cabbage patch doll?
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 12:29 AM
SpringFever

Yes, I been told it was cabbage patch doll.

Ok send it if you can,..Thanks a million.
i will re imberse you costs.
So your a garage sale person too.. I love them.

thanks alot.

Ps. Mereme.......
Thanks for the tips...I will get Muslin this week at the store.....I go one time a week.
I didn't know the name of the cloth.
Now another question......
How do I attach the material at the neck ? It is a rubber neck?

Thanks Merme and Spring Fever
Posted By: Merme Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 01:43 AM
The head and hands may be hot glued into the neckline of the body and the arm holes.

Merme
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 01:54 AM
Merme,

Thanks , I have 2 glue guns......I mess with stuff in the winter, till my garden happens again.;o)

What else do you make?
Sewing is right up my alley, but I am not good at dolls......I have made a nice rabbit.. I will show you , later..
Have to take a photo of it .

b
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 02:37 AM
barb, before you glue, or when the glue is still soft, tie it in the groove of the neck & wrists with stout twine. tie it tight.

and stuff it with washable fiberfill (like for pillows) that way, it can be washed inside a pillow case if haley decided to teeth on it, or any of those other things babies do to their "loveys"

also, the standard doll lengths are 15 and 18 inches. from foot to head. i LOVE home made babies.
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 02:48 AM
Jiffy,

Thanks....I am writing all this down.. Have to buy Muslin, and hope Springfever finds the pattern??????//

i have to post a photo from my friends antique doll collection.
She has Lil Boy blue, shirley temple, little John kennedy.
Some of her doll she makes clothes for ..Most are antiques.wow
She is having a ball.

dodge
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 03:16 AM
Springfever,Merme,Jiffymouse,

here is a photo of my friend marilyn's doll collection......(Neighbor0

[Linked Image]

Lil Boy blue lying down
Shirley Temple standing first on left
All have a name I forgotten.. Maybe one is miss muffet, boo peep?,
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 04:30 AM
Barb I have it and will send it this week ... Monday or Tuesday OK..
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 01:50 PM
Spring Fever,

Thank you so much.........

Now what can I send you?

Your great to share.

dodge
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 05:22 PM
Thanks Barb.. wink Perhaps some veggie seeds if you have some to spare? Duh I am only going to have a very small garden but if you have some cucumbers type I would love it! thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 06:36 PM
Consider it done......

Send me your addy...

clp clp clp

Your swell......

Have a nice day..& year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 10:50 PM
:thubmup: i was going to tell you that if rita didn't have the pattern, let me know, 'cause my daughter has over 50 cabbage patch dolls and i would draw you out a pattern from one of her dolls and send it to you.

keep us posted on the progress, i'm really VERY interested.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 11:15 PM
Thanks Barb.. Just found 3 books of patterns and some "stray" ones.. Hope it is what your looking for..
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 11:21 PM
ok.........Thanks Spring fever

I will let you know when I put the seeds out.

;o)

d
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 4th, 2007 at 11:26 PM
Jiffymouse , thanks for the thoughts.
This is new to me.....All I ever made was a rabbit.

Spring Fever is sending something..

Nice of her .
Lots of things to do on here. 10ยบ here in Pa . all day.

b
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 6th, 2007 at 04:55 PM
Hey there barb I mailed off the package this morning... should be there in a few days!! wavey
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 6th, 2007 at 05:01 PM
Spring Fever ......

I was just getting on here to write to you.
Ha ha..

I put yours out Yesterday....Brown bag with seeds and x tras.....I hope I satisfy you..

Now what I did.. You say your garden is small. I put 3 different types of cukes in there. 2 of them I just received from Ed Hume.. They are the Space saver cukes.. So I shared those 2 with you.
I have never grown them before.. Let me know how yours grows......

Thanks again for the wonderful swap.. If you arent satisfied with mine, Let me know.

We sure are nice on here.
Have a great day and week.

Barb
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 6th, 2007 at 05:21 PM
Oh it sounds Perfect Barb thanks again!! clp
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 8th, 2007 at 11:57 PM
Rita........
Oh you beautiful doll.........
All those gorgous patterns arrived today,
and I don't know how to thank you....
That should keep me busy all winter.......

Now hope I can do it properly..
You sure sent alot.......

Now I owe you big time.......

Hey everyone on here........Rita is a wonderful wonderful, lady........

Thanks so much.

barb clp clp clp
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 9th, 2007 at 01:22 PM
Ohhhh Great Barb I am Happy you got them!!
I have not recieved the seeds yet Duh I am sure they will be along soon though!! thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 14th, 2007 at 07:40 PM
Spring Fever

DId you receive my mail yet??????

Oh .....i feel bad..
LMK

dodge
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 14th, 2007 at 07:41 PM
Jiffymouse ,

I have a doll and dress made, and dont know weather to shame my self by putting it on here.

ha ha
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 14th, 2007 at 08:01 PM
Not yet Barb!! I did not get mail today though!! Duh
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 14th, 2007 at 09:16 PM
great........

barb
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 14th, 2007 at 09:39 PM
How did the dress turn out Barb?

You did say you have a odd Postal service though!!
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 15th, 2007 at 12:09 AM
Here Is the dress

[Linked Image]
What upsets me , you paid $5.00 postage to mail that. You still didnt receive my bag.

I do like the dress...I made a small doll , all cloth, I am out of fiber fill and cant finish it.
The face is cloth..

I am having fun weather or not it is correct.

;o)
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 15th, 2007 at 01:07 PM
Ohhh that did turn out Cute!! I am sure she is going to love it!! thumbup

I did not get mail yesterday... I think the mail person didn't deliver ... Tooo much snow and wind!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 15th, 2007 at 02:01 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh, that doll came out AWESOME, Barb! thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 15th, 2007 at 02:30 PM
melcon
Thanks so much.......
I am learning..ha ha

I an one a cloth one now tiny one .. Cloth face.
Helps pass time till it is warm again.
barb
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 15th, 2007 at 02:41 PM
spring fever

Thanks a million for the Patterns and advice and anything else..

LMK soon as you get my mail.. The weather has been a factor here also.. Gees and -0 out there.

i will make sure to reimburse you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 01:38 AM
dodge, you did an awesome job thumbup i LOVE that dress!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 02:52 AM
Jiffymouse ,

Thanks alot.........I received the material free also.......4 years ago I worked in a sewing factory .. We made kids clothes and adults.. That was scraps they allowed us to have .. I love the hearts........
It was an easy pattern......I did modify a few things ......

Thanks for looking .....
barb
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 01:41 PM
Not worried about it Barb! thumbup wink
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 06:26 PM
What an adorable doll Barb.....great job!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 06:54 PM
Penny,

thank you so much......
With a great gang like garden helper, I managed to find the pattern.........

Thanks again.

shocked shocked smile
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 07:17 PM
Well you have done a fantatsic job and any child would be happy to recieve it thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 07:21 PM
Penny ,
Thanks ............
I do try to help anyone I can on here, in their needs......
Would you believe I sent seeds to some one in Sweden, and they arrive there is 6 days.. I was shocked.

I know some of yours is 7..

barb
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 07:28 PM
thumbup That is good, and we do have a great bunch that are always willing to help on here!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 08:01 PM
Penny,

Like right now , I received the mail.
I asked for 3 pkts from a lady,
she sent 12.........
Only 2 were repeats.

now the spring fling.........I sent 40 and I am looking forward to that.
Like the saying goes, what comes around, goes around.. ha ha
Bunch of buddies here...
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 16th, 2007 at 09:35 PM
Nothing Yet Barb.. frown
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 17th, 2007 at 12:11 AM
This is horrible.......
I packed it so nicely.

barb
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 17th, 2007 at 12:41 PM
I know Barb ... I guess we can't fight the postal service!! Duh
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 17th, 2007 at 01:12 PM
Springfever ,

hang in there......
I had one package delayed for 3 months.
Arrived at the place dead as a door nail.
Malaysia. Plants.

eek
barb
Posted By: melcon6 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 17th, 2007 at 01:33 PM
Wow, and I didn't even know you could ship live plants to Malaysia???? Duh

Interesting..........

m
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 17th, 2007 at 02:53 PM
Some she sent here to me, did arrive green an alive.........I still have one and hope it grows.

She gets my seeds in about 10 days but not plants.
I quit on plants overseas....

barb
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 17th, 2007 at 03:20 PM
Good morning everyone,

I'm thinking live plants to Malaysia may not be a good decision....I was to receive hoya plants from Malaysia back in November after I had already received a Hoya plant from Malaysia in September.......but.......the November swap was
confiscated by the U.S. customs or something. I got the envelope with a notice your plants were destroyed by.....

I was certainly bumming over that one as Hoya plants are really cool and my gardening buddy (from Malaysia) was kind enough to send me some....then it gets to U.S. and is destroyed......AAAGGGhhhhh

I would read up on the guidelines for sending live plants overseas......
I've learned....and I only send seeds now.....

I always take my seeds to the post office and fill out customs forms when needed.....lol
Ultimately I don't want things back........and I want them to go to the rightful recipient....lol
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 17th, 2007 at 03:26 PM
Kratz your correct.

I quit sending plants and told them so.

Kratz my new doll wont fit in your doll house.. ha ha,

i am still looking for one I like.
barb
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 22nd, 2007 at 07:42 PM
Barb ... Still nothing here Duh eek
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 22nd, 2007 at 09:06 PM
Spring fever.

That's awful.

Now I am going to have to redo that to you and send another.

You wanted cuke seeds right?

give me a little time.. Weather is awful here.
I will try for next week.
I am really sorry.....
barb
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 22nd, 2007 at 09:15 PM
It is not your fault! I am sure it is in the mail somewhere... Japan perhaps...

Anything for a salad garden Barb... thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: I need a pattern for this Photo.. How to ...... - February 23rd, 2007 at 12:35 AM
springfever,

Please PM me with your address again Maybe it was wrong.

barb
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]