A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: teacher37 Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 09:19 AM
Hey everybody,

Found this site while looking for info on terrariums. It looks like lots more than just that is on here. Looking forward to talking to everyone.

clp
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 09:30 AM
Hi Teacher!! wavey Welcome to the forum!! Hope you find all the info that you need!! thumbup

Nice to meet you I am Rita!!
Posted By: teacher37 Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 09:50 AM
Hi Rita,

It's nice to meet you too.

Jacquie wink
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 10:00 AM
Nice to meet you Jacquie!! what a cool spelling of your name Love it!!

Sooo are you getting familier with the site? It takes a little time but you will be buzzing around like a pro in no time!!! [Linked Image] thumbup

Need any help just hollar!!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 10:07 AM
wavey

hi there, and welcome to the Forum!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 10:13 AM
Hi, teacher37..... wavey
Welcome to the forum!

It looks like lots more than just that is on here.
We have SO much fun here!
I'm glad you joined us...you will love it!

So nice to meet you!

Cindy
Posted By: teacher37 Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 11:04 AM
Thanks Everybody,
I am already having a great time. I'm joining in on the seed tag. Maybe it will make the winter seem shorter! Doubt it though, by April I'm digging outside whether the ground is thawed or not...a lot of broken shovels around this place!
grinnnn
Jacquie(thanks springfever)
teech
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 11:28 AM
:You sound like me hence the name!! thumbup
Massachusetts is usually a frozen tundra right now but :rolleyes: This year the flowers are starting to sprout and it is Jan... sca sca
It was 73 and there were BUGS out today eek eek Don't get me wrong I hate winter but I know we need the cold to kill the germs and such!!
Posted By: teacher37 Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 11:45 AM
I know. I think that every year. We need the cold, because when I'm chased in the house by ladybugs or noseeums in the summer. I'm irritated that we had such a warm winter. It was 39 today and sunny. Yesterday was 49. We haven't had a real good freeze at all this year. Last year, it was in the 70's in January and all of my hostas came up!! Duh I actually hope we have a typical winter, we need it....even if I don't!!!
Jacquie
Posted By: sibyl Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 02:39 PM
wavey hello teacher
flwwelcome to the fourm flw
Posted By: netty Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 7th, 2007 at 11:08 PM
Hi Teacher wavey
Sending a warm WELCOME from Southern Ontario flw
Posted By: dodge Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 8th, 2007 at 05:00 AM
teacher

Welcome again.

What part of Iowa do you Hail from?

You earth out there is fab for crops.

dodge flw flw
Posted By: teacher37 Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 8th, 2007 at 05:38 AM
I'm in north central Iowa and you are right the soil is awesome. In Kansas-where I am from-the soil is terrible. My Dad is always trying to do something with it. I went out there this summer and helped him, but there is only so much you can do with sand and dust!!!
I brought him quite a few plants from my garden that still had soil on them and he was amazed at how black it is and asked what I had added to it. I said nothing, pretty sure he thought I was lying!! grinnnn
Posted By: dodge Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 8th, 2007 at 05:44 AM
teacher

Your correct......We seen it right away, talked to lots of Iowans and they said it is really deep.

Why not take daddy to Iowa to farm.
I loved the wide open spaces there.....Maybe you can take photos of a plowed field and show them.
YOu also dont have stones in your soil , like here is penna........Which is also quite a bonus.
No broken plow points and tires.......
Are you on a farmm?

dodge
Posted By: chermoni Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 8th, 2007 at 06:55 AM
Hello and welcome, it's nice to meet you. Will enjoy playing seed tag with you! flw
Posted By: teacher37 Re: Hi from the middle of nowhere Iowa - January 8th, 2007 at 11:15 AM
Thanks. It's nice to meet you too. I'm looking forward to playing! wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]