A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ND farm girl Cold house? - February 25th, 2007 at 10:56 PM
Can someone tell me what exactly these are used for? I'm not sure I'm giving the correct name, cold green house, cold - something! You know - those things you have outside and they have a cover. Cold-thingymajigger. Cold frame?

Ever been at a loss for a word??????? idea
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Cold house? - February 25th, 2007 at 11:09 PM
Ever been at a loss for a word???????
Uhhh...not me! shocked laugh

A cold frame is where you harden off seedlings for outdoors.
At the farm we used old windows and made a really neat cold frame...had the windows on hinges so we could open it.
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: Cold house? - February 26th, 2007 at 12:25 AM
Oh! I have a sunroom hooked onto the house - that would be a good place to harden off plants.

Thanks!

Funny - I'm getting spring fever and started seeds this past week, have sprouts and put them under light today and planted more. We have had a drought this winter and yesterday it started to snow and it hasn't stopped yet! 5-7 inches so far and it's finally winter! Had to snowmobiles out and had to move snow even!
Posted By: Carly Re: Cold house? - February 28th, 2007 at 01:41 AM
Oooooooooooooooh! Lucky you!

The lady in the house next door to the apartment building has a sun porch - I'm thinking of asking her to temporarily adopt some of my stuff till it can go outside - I'm running out of room!

I can live without more snow too. And snowmobiles? Ha! We've got a gasoline shortage right now due to a couple of things - a big fire at one of the Esso plants and a railway strike - the strike's over now, but it's slow going getting the gas to the stations.

Somebody was out there filling up cans of gas for his snowmobile today - kinda' silly when you think of it.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]