A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: webwise Spring is just around the corner in the UK - March 6th, 2007 at 02:34 PM
Hey guys. I am sooo excited. I just moved to my new house last year and have had to keep all my tenders and half hardies in the house (greenhouse going up later in the year). Today for the first time with confidence I have been able to drag outside, my fig baby, my lemon baby, my orange baby, my pots of carnivores, my strelitziae, my baby cannas, and lots of others. It's nearly 60*f out there. Problem is - by the time I got them all out it's nearly time to bring them in again. Night frosts are still likely so I went from grinnnn to sca in no time flat. Still that is the fun in being in zone 8 equivalent.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring is just around the corner in the UK - March 6th, 2007 at 02:42 PM
Hey...thats great that you got them out, even if it was only for a brief time....no chance of that happening here yet!!!!!
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: Spring is just around the corner in the UK - March 8th, 2007 at 06:47 AM
Wow webwise ...u must have a very big house to b able to keep such a variety of plants in...

well tho somtimes we in da tropics n da equatorial area may envy u your beautiful pure white snow.... i suppose we should b thankful that we do not have to do what u have to... carrying plants in n out of da house...thatz why i'd say that gardening is certainly not for lazy people..!!
Posted By: webwise Re: Spring is just around the corner in the UK - March 8th, 2007 at 08:58 AM
The house is fairly large but not enormous. The answer was simple - we live in the broom closet and the plants get the other rooms. idea laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring is just around the corner in the UK - March 8th, 2007 at 01:48 PM
laugh laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Spring is just around the corner in the UK - March 8th, 2007 at 02:47 PM
Originally posted by webwise:
The house is fairly large but not enormous. The answer was simple - we live in the broom closet and the plants get the other rooms. idea laugh
That is soooooooooo funny!!!
Had a very good chuckle on that one...
*reminds me of my house, only my kids' get the house and me and the hubby are in the broom closet!!* laugh laugh laugh

Can't wait to hear about your garden and gardening.. we have a few members in your area..
Jogger/Doreen, Princessazalea/Lisa, Markr... to name a few...

Hope you post some of your pictures when you get that greenhouse up...would love to take a peak at it!! cool
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: Spring is just around the corner in the UK - March 11th, 2007 at 03:23 AM
Wow webwise.. seriously.. i salute your willingness to sacrifice so much for your plants!!! laugh laugh
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]