A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Merme News - March 16th, 2007 at 08:46 PM
Hi everyone ~

Early next week I am submitting my application to the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program up at our big hospital.

The program is from September to May, two days a week and only has room for 8 students. If accepted, I would be a chaplain for two units in the hospital, responsible to visit with each patient on my units in the mornings and then attend the classes in the afternoons.

So, this weekend I have several big essays to write for my application. And I'm so EXCITED about the possibility of doing this wonderful program that I won't even mind writing my heart out all weekend to get the essays completed!

I wish the program started immediately instead of next September!

While I was being interviewed for it today -- a LONG interview, too! -- I just got so enthused by the quality of the minister in charge of it. The guy is terrific and I will learn much from him.

Oh, and because it is pastoral training, the 8 students are chosen from among all types of churches and is meant to be a widely diverse group of men and women. They think it helps in pastoral education to learn from and be exposed to people of many beliefs.

Cool, huh?

Merme
Posted By: plantqueen Re: News - March 16th, 2007 at 08:54 PM
That is so awesome Merme! I hope you get a chance to do this! It would be a wonderful experience! Good luck! thumbup
Posted By: badplanter Re: News - March 16th, 2007 at 09:21 PM
That's very cool Merme!

The best of luck to you! kissies kissies clp
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: News - March 16th, 2007 at 09:23 PM
Merme,
Way cool ! What a wonderful way to share your faith and experiences... will add this to my prayers for you....
Nana
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: News - March 16th, 2007 at 10:00 PM
Merme I am really hoping and praying for you to get this!!! That would be wonderful!!
Posted By: Tonya Re: News - March 16th, 2007 at 11:04 PM
Finally had a chance to sit and read this...I can feel your excitement in your words!! I amm praying that things go well for you!! angell
Posted By: sibyl Re: News - March 17th, 2007 at 12:30 AM
thats great merme!! clp best of luck to ya!
Posted By: Triss Re: News - March 17th, 2007 at 02:01 AM
That is awesome Merme! I hope you get the position!!! Will be praying for you.
Posted By: tamara Re: News - March 17th, 2007 at 09:47 AM
Merme, I am so happy for you. flw What a wonderful opportunity and chance to learn.

Are you close to the hospital?
Posted By: MLN Re: News - March 17th, 2007 at 11:00 AM
How wonderful, Merme! I will pray that you get the position.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: News - March 17th, 2007 at 11:36 AM
clp Very cool!!
Posted By: Merme Re: News - March 17th, 2007 at 01:43 PM
I am 16 miles from the hospital, Tamara.

And, the program runs from 8 AM to 4 PM. Maxi leaves at 7 for school and I can arrange he do his after school activities on those days so he wouldn't return home til 5. So I could easily get him off to school, get up to town and then return before he gets home. The schedule could be perfect for us.

The element in all of this that I really like is that this hospital not only provides primary care for local people, but tertiary care for people sent here from all over our state, NH and MA. So, many of the patients are isolated, far from normal support of family and friends. And even worse in some cases, from extremely rural areas up north and they get very troubled by even being in "the big city". So, these are the people who are not just suffering from an illness that requires hospitalization, but also suffering from being far away from home and the people and sights they are used to. It would be so nice to be able to be supportive to them!

Merme
Posted By: Anonymous Re: News - March 17th, 2007 at 03:07 PM
Very cool Merme---I sure hope you get chosen! kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: News - March 17th, 2007 at 03:15 PM
This is great, Merme!
I sure hope you are chosen. thumbup
Posted By: jonni13 Re: News - March 17th, 2007 at 04:17 PM
You DESERVE to be chosen. I think you may have been chosen already somehow.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: News - March 18th, 2007 at 12:24 AM
merme, somehow, i do think this is something made for you and i'm sending my prayers and good wishes for you.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]