A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Matriarch I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:02 AM
I'm busy practicing my typing, can't wait to talk to everybody. Please be patient. As soon as I feel proficient on the keyboard I'll be back to start talking to everybody.

I've been gardening since I was 9 years old, that's a long time. laugh I like the outdoors, nature, animals. I'd sooner be outdoors than in.

I've heard so many things about everyone on here from my daughter--everyone sounds so nice. Hi to Jiffy--I got to meet her last year at Laura's house. wavey
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:05 AM
It's Loz's MOM! shk

Welcome to the forum!

I'm Cindy...the only normal person here... lala
.....and I never lie! laugh lala
Posted By: chenno Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:06 AM
Hi There Loz's mom wavey Nice to meet you!
Your daughter is a sweetie thumbup Look forward to seeing you around.
Posted By: Matriarch Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:08 AM
Thanks for your welcome, I've heard a lot about you---nice things & the funny things from Laura.

Now there's 3 normal people here I guess. wink

Me, you, and Laura.
Posted By: Matriarch Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:11 AM
Thanks Chenno for the welcome. My daughter is a sweetie, she gets it from me. laugh laugh
Posted By: chenno Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:13 AM
I am sure she does grinnnn get it from you.

I am normal too laugh idea I think...
Posted By: Matriarch Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:14 AM
Have to run, I'm cooking lunch. I'll have Laura help me out more with the site and computer. It's a bit confusing right now.
wavey
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:17 AM
It's nice to meet someone else named "Faye"! thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:33 AM
[Linked Image] I'm so glad you joined us!! clp

Ahhh I'm proud to say I'm not Normal I'm sooo addicted to willy's and it's people like me that make this place soooooo Interesting!!! lala lala wink laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:48 AM
I'm proud to say I'm not Normal I'm sooo addicted to willy's
lala

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: badplanter Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 01:01 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> It's Loz's MOM! wavey laugh

They call me 'sprout' 'round here... laugh

Hope to see you around often & soon! thumbup

--Mark--
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 01:33 AM
Mom, I warned you that most of my friends here were a little kissies and I'll help you, so you understand what you're doing! Or at least I'll help you when you aren't busy with your typing. laugh

Mom's been typing for hours and hours a day so she can get good. thumbup

BTW, she's the best mom ever, and a cool mom! Lucky for me I don't have to edit what I say. laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 02:41 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong>
I'm Cindy...the only normal person here... flw
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 03:46 AM
Welcome to the Forum Loz's Mom thumbup thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 05:29 AM
Hi Faye! ... [Linked Image]

When I first saw your screen name, I thought of my grandmother - she was the matriarch of the family for a long long time! BUT... even more striking, is that her name was Faye!!! People called her Fanny more though I think - are you ever called that?

It's so good to have loz's mom here - she's such a wonderful part of the forums, and I'm sure you will be too! wink Duh perpl )
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 12:30 PM
wavey
Posted By: sibyl Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 02:37 PM
wavey hello faye!, loz's mom thumbup
flw welcome to the fourm flw

thats cool your learnin your typin! i type with one finger one letter at a time! or should i say long time laugh my daughter can type without looking at the keybord! dont know how she dose it!
Posted By: princessazlea Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 08:41 PM
Hello Faye, Loz's mum wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: netty Re: I'm finally here - January 7th, 2007 at 11:12 PM
Hi Faye wavey
Welcome to the forum flw
Posted By: chermoni Re: I'm finally here - January 8th, 2007 at 06:58 AM
Hello and welcome. It's exciting to have Loz's mom here. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Posted By: Triss Re: I'm finally here - January 8th, 2007 at 11:41 AM
Hi there Faye and welcome to the Forum! You have one awesome daughter there, the apple does not fall far from the tree! Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Posted By: Merme Re: I'm finally here - January 8th, 2007 at 12:32 PM
Hi Matriarch Faye! It is lovely to have you here with us, so WELCOME!!

loz is quite the lady, I have always thought. You must have done well by her all of her days because she is awfully young to have so much going for her! A beautiful thing about loz is that she is a Real Friend to all.

Again, welcome to the forum and I've very glad you are here.

Merme
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: I'm finally here - January 8th, 2007 at 03:15 PM
Hi Loz's Mom wavey
Welcome!! I haven't been here many months but feel right at home with everyone. You will find everyone here very nice and helpful and fun.
I know Cindy said she was normal, but (she fell in her pond!!) She's always funny!!! laugh
Posted By: plantqueen Re: I'm finally here - January 10th, 2007 at 03:24 AM
Hi Faye! wavey

Glad that you have joined us! Laura is such a wonderful, nice person. You should be a proud mom and I'm sure you are! Can't wait to get to know you! thumbup

Jessica
Posted By: SomeGuy Re: I'm finally here - January 10th, 2007 at 04:15 AM
Hi Faye - it's great to see you getting the same welcome I just got. wavey Now you can say you've been greeted by 50 women claiming sanity thumbup , and some guy. grinnnn
Posted By: Jimmy V Re: I'm finally here - January 10th, 2007 at 09:11 AM
Hi Faye welcome to the forum so Loz really has a mother thumbup I always thought she was just joking. laugh Now you can say you've been greeted by 50 women claiming sanity [thumb] , and some guy. grin and a critter keeper from Texas laugh glad you here.
Posted By: Bill Re: I'm finally here - January 11th, 2007 at 03:27 AM
Hi Mom! wavey
I'm very happy that you finally decided to join our family. We've heard lots about you, so it's nice to finally meet you! kissies
I'm busy practicing my typing, can't wait to talk to everybody. Please be patient. As soon as I feel proficient on the keyboard I'll be back to start talking to everybody.
Typing proficiency? Bah! I built this site and wrote over two thousand pages crit with my two fingered typing non-skill so trust me, nobody cares how well you type! laugh
Posted By: Thornius Re: I'm finally here - January 11th, 2007 at 04:22 AM
Welcome! I am Thornius, The Bird Man here. Like Bill, (and most guys), I type with 2 or 3 fingers. I use the index finger on my right hand and the index and middle finger on my left hand. My sister married a Brit and now lives in London and I have several friends in the U.K.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: I'm finally here - January 11th, 2007 at 04:23 AM
Hello, Faye! Welcome to the Garden Helper forum. I am sure you will love it just as much as we all do...

We have heard a lot about you already and are looking forward to your posts...

Dianna
Posted By: Matriarch Re: I'm finally here - January 11th, 2007 at 04:49 AM
wavey Hi everyone I'm back, I've been in the twilight zone on this computer, sometimes it makes me feel like a zombie. I get zoned out so easy trying to remember all the keys. I know my husband says I'm typing in my sleep, I hit his nose the other night thinking it was a key on the keyboard. laugh

Thank you for the great replies. thumbup Laura's been helping me understand how everything works. I wish I had a computer years ago when I was a bit younger and my brain could take it all in. laugh

I guess Laura told you it's snowing here, not much but our first real snow of the season.

I can't wait for spring so I can get out in my garden and get my hands in the soil and get everything planted. I grow a lot of roses, hostas, hollyhocks, clematis, sedum, lots of bulbs, and lots of annuals. Roses are my favorite though.

I love birds and I watch them every morning in the spring when I can sit outside. I like to watch the mother bird at her nest feeding her babies.

When I go home to England I always enjoy helping with the garden at my mum and dads. Last year we pruned the trees for them, weeded, and cut grass and anything to help out as my parents are getting on in age.

*Mum is dictating to me as I type and I just told her that she thinks she's writing a book!* laugh

I'll end this post for now while I look at other parts of the forum.
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: I'm finally here - January 11th, 2007 at 09:01 AM
Hi Faye, glad you're back on. You wrote:

{I like to watch the mother bird at her nest feeding her babies.}

I like that too. I have a video clip of an eagle feeding her young. Eagles are so big and such fearsome looking birds, yet she was so delicate and gentle on the nest and feeding her babies!!!
I like to watch that video over and over. It is amazing!!!

Don't worry about your typing!!! Don't worry about caps, even!! Some of the typos can start a hilarious conversation! laugh laugh

We never laugh AT someone, well, not actually; but we laugh WITH one another, A LOT!! grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: I'm finally here - January 11th, 2007 at 10:26 AM
Well now Faye, that is the way to post, get Loz to do all the hard work for ya! thumbup
Posted By: cherokeerose Re: I'm finally here - January 13th, 2007 at 10:10 AM
kit Welcome!
From one Matriarch to another!
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: I'm finally here - January 14th, 2007 at 03:48 AM
Faye, I haven't noticed you posting around on any place else yet!!! Come and talk to us somewhere!!
Posted By: Matriarch Re: I'm finally here - January 15th, 2007 at 02:26 AM
Hi everybody my typing has got better. So I thought I would pop in and say hello. wavey Loz told me that Cindy is corrupting her. lala wink
Posted By: Bill Re: I'm finally here - January 15th, 2007 at 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Matriarch:
wavey Loz told me that Cindy is corrupting her. lala wink
I'm biting my tongue right now..... and running for my boots! :rolleyes:
laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: I'm finally here - January 15th, 2007 at 02:36 AM
Loz, dontcha know you should not tell your mom fibs. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm finally here - January 15th, 2007 at 03:10 AM
Hey, she typed that all by herself! thumbup

Yay for mom! muggs

And I admit, I guess me and Cindy corrupt each other!!!!! laugh She's heard a lot of Cindy stories before. wink
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I'm finally here - January 15th, 2007 at 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Bill:
[b] wavey Loz told me that Cindy is corrupting her. lala wink
I'm biting my tongue right now..... and running for my boots! :rolleyes:
laugh [/b]
I'm running for the ARK!!!!!! wink laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm finally here - January 18th, 2007 at 02:10 AM
Welcome wavey
Hi Hi. I am new to the forum and from Maryland too! We live 20 miles west of Baltimore, just off rt 70.

I am very into backyard birding myself. I spend way too much on food and feeders.

I wish I had a daughter teaching me the ropes here. I double wish I still had my mom to teach to use the internet. Cool!

I still lose threads left and right.

It feels like a Dr. Suess book - Duh "Who took that thread? Who took it where? I looked for it and found it not. Who took that thread? Who took it where?" Duh

oh, and no connection to the name Faye for me, except that it's a great name wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm finally here - January 18th, 2007 at 02:16 AM
Thanks for your welcome, I've heard a lot about you---nice things & the funny things from Laura.

Now there's 3 normal people here I guess. wink

Me, you, and Laura.
I can't help it.. some stuff cracks me up. Faye is wondering about who is nutty and who is not. Has anyone checked out her profile. laugh laugh
Faye's occupation is clean freak and her hobbies include housepainting... I am laughing my hiney off.... laugh laugh laugh And she is worried who is normal nutz

Faye, again it's a pleasure to meet you
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm finally here - January 20th, 2007 at 05:57 PM
Gotta get mom back on here! wavey
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: I'm finally here - January 20th, 2007 at 06:40 PM
Loz told me that Cindy is corrupting her. lala wink
...and I'm sure you know your daughter well enough to know that SHE is the one who has corrupted ME! laugh lala
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm finally here - January 20th, 2007 at 08:31 PM
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
[b] Loz told me that Cindy is corrupting her. lala wink
...and I'm sure you know your daughter well enough to know that SHE is the one who has corrupted ME! laugh lala [/b]
and i know them both well enough to know they are corrrupting ME! NOT laugh laugh

but i do hope you get around here faster soon.
Posted By: chenno Re: I'm finally here - January 20th, 2007 at 08:40 PM
I plead the 5th....

But sure hope to see you around soon:-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm finally here - January 21st, 2007 at 05:27 PM
Hey Mum!
Stop cleaning and Come back soon! I was hoping you'd get some special room mom slow treatment and I could tag along.

I am no spring chicken and trying to learn to chase these little chickies is tricky at best. I have yet to jump into the coffeehouse...

C'mon mom, put down that paintbrush and join us!

Come on back...
I know lots of cleaning secrets lala lala
Posted By: Matriarch Re: I'm finally here - January 22nd, 2007 at 06:24 PM
Hi Jane sorry i didn't reply sooner wavey , but I've had my Grandaughter staying with me, she goes home today. I will miss her alot. wavey
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]