A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ND farm girl true leaves? - March 3rd, 2007 at 12:55 AM
My geraniums sprouted so nice and easy and I have about 30 of them. When do I need to put them in bigger pots? They are in those little jiffy pots that you add water to and they puff up - and some are in seed starter. Do they go to regular potting soil next? They are about 4 inches tall with 2 leaves and some starting with 3 now. What is it meant by "TRUE" leaves?

Next size should be like maybe styrofoam cups?
Posted By: sibyl Re: true leaves? - March 3rd, 2007 at 02:56 AM
yep true leaves are the second set :}

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/growingseeds.html
Posted By: patches1414 Re: true leaves? - March 3rd, 2007 at 05:04 AM
Patty, styrofoam coffee cups would probably be a good choice. wink Actually, I put mine in yogurt cups, but I only have so many of those and now I'm running out, frown so I might have to get some of the styrofoam coffee cups. thumbup
Posted By: Carly Re: true leaves? - March 3rd, 2007 at 12:16 PM
Styrofoam cups sound like a good idea.

Congrats on your success with those.
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: true leaves? - March 3rd, 2007 at 01:54 PM
First time starting seeds and I'm having TONS of SUCCESS! More than I have room for right now and need more lights!
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: true leaves? - March 3rd, 2007 at 01:55 PM
Put in regular potting soil right?
Posted By: patches1414 Re: true leaves? - March 3rd, 2007 at 07:04 PM
Patty, I put mine in Pro-Mix or you could use any of the potting mixes. wink I always felt the potting soil was a little too heavy for new seedlings. frown frown
Posted By: tkhooper Re: true leaves? - March 4th, 2007 at 03:10 PM
For the transplants regular potting soil should be fine. I'm lazy and use the regular potting soil even for my seeds. Even the super fine petunia seeds don't seem to have a problem. The starter soils dried out on me to fast to make me happy.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]