A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Triss Valentine's Day Plans? - February 2nd, 2007 at 03:43 AM
It is fast approaching! Do you do anything special?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 2nd, 2007 at 02:29 PM
No real plans as of yet, but that is close to our wedding anniversary though, if anything we'll go out for dinner.
Posted By: Triss Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 2nd, 2007 at 05:50 PM
No plans here either. We generaly do not do a whole lot for the holiday for each other but I do make cookies and send them to school for the kids.
Posted By: shanbear Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 2nd, 2007 at 06:00 PM
My husband and I find that you can never get reservations anywhere so we always have a romantic candle light dinner at home. luv It started off as a "this year" type of thing but quickly became a tradition that we both love!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 2nd, 2007 at 08:09 PM
I too would rather stay home and have a romantic dinner than be in a crowded noisy restaurant....so I'll be cooking, the rest of the day you can't know about! wink lala
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 2nd, 2007 at 11:34 PM
shk shk laugh laugh Laura!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 3rd, 2007 at 02:12 AM
angell laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 3rd, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Not even gonna touch that one.....nope just leave it alone laugh laugh laugh laugh p
Posted By: Triss Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 3rd, 2007 at 11:25 PM
Notice I am being silent. lala
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 3rd, 2007 at 11:27 PM
laugh Its hard to do isnt it laugh laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 3rd, 2007 at 11:35 PM
Extremely!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 4th, 2007 at 06:40 PM
shk I didn't know you were down here talking about me you two! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 4th, 2007 at 06:44 PM
As I recall Loz, we were keeping silent. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 4th, 2007 at 06:52 PM
True, I guess I'll have to let you both off the hook--for now! wink grinnnn laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 4th, 2007 at 06:58 PM
laugh

So what are your dinner plans? (Safe topic grinnnn )
Posted By: chermoni Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 4th, 2007 at 07:28 PM
We have the kids with us that day so we won't be able to do anything, umm, romantic. We'll proabably go out to dinner someplace like the olive garden and then on friday after the kids leave, we'll go out to dinner just the two of us and celebrate valentines a little late.
Posted By: Triss Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 4th, 2007 at 08:30 PM
Oh you'd be amazed what can be done once the kiddos go to bed! shocked
Posted By: chermoni Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 4th, 2007 at 08:34 PM
Yeah, I go to bed too because I have to get up with them in the morning. eek
Posted By: Triss Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 4th, 2007 at 08:36 PM
Sleep depravation is a way of life once you become a parent, just to be able to get that fun time squeezed in there.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 5th, 2007 at 02:56 PM
That is so true!!!!
Posted By: tamara Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 6th, 2007 at 11:01 PM
I'd like to go out to supper but it'll have to wait until saturday because DH will be working.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 11th, 2007 at 08:21 PM
Boy oh boy........I see that dirty minds have been hard at work in here! laugh laugh thumbup

I will just be cooking supper at home. We usually get each other a little gift. Other than that, I have about 40 valentine's cards to make out for Tristen! :p We can't send home baked goods to our schools here Triss or I would do that too cuz that is a good idea! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 11th, 2007 at 09:02 PM
That is just such a shame. ters That the world has come to that and parents cannot send in treats for their kids.

I am so happy I can. Will be making cookies for all 3 of the kids classes. Jonny and Mikey share a class this year so that helps a bit.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 12th, 2007 at 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Triss:
That is just such a shame. ters That the world has come to that and parents cannot send in treats for their kids.
I agree Triss! I can't even bring homemade treats to Tristen's daycare! The teachers all say that they would love to have them but they can't take them! It is a shame!
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 12th, 2007 at 07:32 PM
I wanted to offer some advice for what it's worth. 'Live' Wednesday. Enjoy each and every minute with loved ones and family. Whether you have elaborate plans or just a bit of quiet time over dinner or a movie, make memories for yourself and the others around you. Take nothing for granted and ignore any little hiccups in your plans. Cherish the day.

I just wanted to add something to this topic, again, FWIW.
{shrugging}
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 12th, 2007 at 08:56 PM
Thank you so much for the wonderful advice Mater!
Posted By: Triss Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 12th, 2007 at 09:55 PM
Most excellent advice!!! ANd some I will be taking! kissies to you mater!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 12th, 2007 at 11:42 PM
Couldn't agree with you more Mater! kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 13th, 2007 at 12:21 AM
I bought several presents for my special man today! grinnnn
He'll love the big pink teddy bear holding a heart that says "I Love You!"

...of course, I'll have to wait til he gets out of school to give them to him! laugh

I might even take him out for a special dinner...
.....a Happy Meal from McDonald's!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 13th, 2007 at 01:41 AM
laugh thumbup laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 13th, 2007 at 03:03 PM
Well said Mater kissies thumbup thumbup
Posted By: chenno Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 13th, 2007 at 08:25 PM
Hey Mator;-)Great advice!

My plans...well, hubby has school, son will be with his gal, so it will be me and the cat and dog;-) thumbup

Hope you all enjoy yours;-)
Posted By: dirt in my diamonds Re: Valentine's Day Plans? - February 15th, 2007 at 01:40 AM
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

kissies
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]