A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Tonya Poodle Skirt help - January 23rd, 2007 at 11:22 PM
Summer has a "sock-hop" to go to this Saturday and I (stupidly frown ) told her that I would make her a poodle skirt. sca Now, I have not bought the fabric yet, so can anyone suggest a proper material to use and any suggestions on poodle patterns and general HELP would be great!!

Tonya <---- freaking out here!!!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 23rd, 2007 at 11:37 PM
For some reason, I'm thinking pink felt Tonya.
Don't know why exactly, but that's what is coming to mind...
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 23rd, 2007 at 11:42 PM
any cotton meterial will work out fine Tonya... Pink and blue are popular and you can cut a poodle out of felt and stitch or glue it on the bottom hem.... It should be pretty full I don't have any patterns for it though it should cover the knees Duh
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 23rd, 2007 at 11:44 PM
Duh thats what I would do thumbup
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 01:41 AM
I have to go to Wally world tonight anyway and have no way to go out tomorrow :p I am gonna buy some felt and an iron on poodle if I can find one. Thanks y'all!! kissies
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 07:40 PM
Well, I bought pink felt for the skirt, sheer pink for her scarf, greyish/blue felt for the poodle body, white felt for the poodle poofs, white sneakers, black felt for the "saddles" on the shoes, and a cool colored "rick-rack" for the leash.

So far- I have the shoes and about 85% of the skirt done. I can't wait to see her in it!! Here are a couple shots of the shoes. Not bad, If I do say so myself! shocked
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What do y'all think?? The pink material they are on is the felt for her skirt. thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 08:07 PM
Tonya, Those shoes are adorable!!! She is gonna be the cutest girl at the dance!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 08:42 PM
That came out terrific, Tonya!!!
And I love the pink felt!

You are such a devoted mom - touche! muggs
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 09:44 PM
Thanks you two! All that I have left on the skirt is the poodle...that will be a bit harder than the rest, but it is gonna look soooooo cool!! Next time I will get a pattern, tho- the hemline on the skirt is a bit off(some parts are a hair longer than others). :rolleyes: Hopefully I can get pics tonight of her in the completed skirt. thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 09:50 PM
I am sure it is not bad at all Tonya, a bit off sounds more like you noticed that but no one else will. I cannot wait to see pics!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 09:56 PM
Looking good, Tonya! I can't wait to see the finished product on Summer! She is going to be the belle of the ball...

thumbup clp
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 10:05 PM
Tonya - with a flair skirt, no one will notice the hem - don't fret about it! kissies
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Here is the skirt, I still have to put the "leash" on it, but you get the idea.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 24th, 2007 at 10:55 PM
Oh my goodness, she is so adorable. You did an awesome job on that shirt Tonya! Great work!!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 12:09 AM
Fantastic job, Tonya! She looks so sweet in it...
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 02:00 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tonya!!!
That is [Linked Image]

You did such a fantastic job, and Summer is a real DOLL!!! kissies
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 03:20 AM
Thanks guys! It came together really well. I will get a close up of the skirt tomorrow so you can all see my freaky looking poodle. laugh laugh It looks kinda sick or something up close- thank God no one will be inspecting it! laugh thumbup
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 02:11 PM
My sickly looking poodle...

[Linked Image]

I think I need to trim his nose.... Duh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 02:36 PM
OMG Tonya....she is so cute.....get Doug to take lots of pictures!!!!
Great job too Mommy thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 02:53 PM
Tonya and all, wavey
I loved watching this whole thread unfold. Good work Tonya. I loved those projects when my kids were younger. It's cool you have such a nice place to share the process.

I love it all, but those shoes sre too cool for school!!! Very clever stuff. I'm not sure I would have thought of that!

You will have to save that in your box of halloween treasures.

Have a great day all!
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 03:43 PM
Thanks all! I am loving this whole project... I always wanted a poodle skirt and saddle shoes thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 04:01 PM
She'll have so much fun and i would go get some pics too thumbup ....definetly want to show her when she's older!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 04:40 PM
That poodles is great!!! Nothing wrong with it at all Tonya. I am sorry that Doug will not be able to take her to the dance. I bet he is bummed about that as well.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 06:44 PM
Tonya you did a fantastic job on that outfit! She looks so sweet in it! thumbup
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 25th, 2007 at 07:51 PM
Tonya you did such a wonderful job on the dress!!Summer looked like a little princess!! cool

Typing for Angie today....the other comp is broke
says good jood job looks great:)
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 26th, 2007 at 02:00 PM
Finished product:

[Linked Image]

She is so excited!! She told me(the second she woke up today laugh ) "I get to go to the dance tomorrow!"
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 26th, 2007 at 02:08 PM
How precious is she kissies thumbup thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 26th, 2007 at 02:13 PM
Tonya - you are an artist!!!

Not only do you create beautiful children, but you make wonderful outfits as well! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 26th, 2007 at 02:29 PM
Tonya,
Summer is precious and the outfit to die for.

She is a very lucky girl to have a great mom and two dads who love her so that both want to be with her special occasions like this.

My situation was similar to yours. Kathleen is 18 (today... Happy birthday Kathleen!) and Kerry will be 25 in June. There is 6 1/2 years and world of difference in their dad's between them.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 26th, 2007 at 02:56 PM
Looks wonderful Tonya! She is going to be the cutest girl at the dance! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 26th, 2007 at 05:17 PM
Tonya, you did such an awesome job on that. She is so pretty. I bet she is going to want to wear it all the time around the house once the dance is over.
Posted By: Karrie Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 27th, 2007 at 05:41 PM
What an awsome finished product, and what an adorable lil girl wearing it! That looks great! You went all out there momma and the finished result is so worth it - look at her smile! All I can say is AHHHHHHH kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 28th, 2007 at 02:12 AM
Wow, I missed this thread!!! She looked AMAZING, you did a fantastic job Tonya....such a cute little girl! thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 28th, 2007 at 02:33 AM
Ditto on everything everyone already said..
That outfit is so adorable and so is Summer too!
(Where's Macks' skirt? wink wink lala )
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 28th, 2007 at 08:34 PM
Pics of Summer and her Dad getting ready to go to the dance.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Weezie- I never even thought of making Mackenna one nutz laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 28th, 2007 at 11:44 PM
thumbup you did an awesome job, and at least he dressed the part too! she looks so happy.
Posted By: Triss Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 29th, 2007 at 12:41 AM
She sure does look happy!!!
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 29th, 2007 at 01:47 PM
Looks like she had a Great time!! Sooo Cute!! cool thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 29th, 2007 at 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Tonya:
Weezie- I never even thought of making Mackenna one nutz laugh laugh
Should have been like a pink diaper with a
pooooooo~dle on it... wink laugh
Posted By: Tonya Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 29th, 2007 at 01:53 PM
laugh laugh @Weezie!! thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 29th, 2007 at 02:09 PM
Tonya! That skirt is awesome! thumbup
She looks so cute! grinnnn
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Poodle Skirt help - January 29th, 2007 at 04:12 PM
What a doll Tonya!!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]