A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Shirley4 Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 7th, 2007 at 05:45 PM
A week ago I planted 20 seeds in 10 peat cups in my tabletop greenhouse. These were:Convolvulus called Blue Enchantment. Yesterday there were 20 beautiful, healthy sprouts!! clp
Today they are even BIGGER!!
I feel like a new mother who just gave birth... to 20 babies??!! shk .. laugh laugh
It's spring in my apartment!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 7th, 2007 at 05:48 PM
laugh clp congrates shirley! laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 7th, 2007 at 06:00 PM
flw flw flw
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 7th, 2007 at 06:11 PM
If I had known they would sprout so easily I wouldn't have planted so many!! Every one of the seeds came up!! thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 7th, 2007 at 06:14 PM
laugh laugh laugh Thats how it goes huh....good they came up then not at all....i've had a few of those before!!
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 7th, 2007 at 07:34 PM
I'm over in my table-top greenhouse topic planning out how I'm going to grow and display them inside!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 7th, 2007 at 07:37 PM
Cool....I'll go check it out!!
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 8th, 2007 at 06:36 PM
That is great Shirley! kissies
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 8th, 2007 at 06:54 PM
laugh laugh laugh Yeah, right! They'll be grown and dead by then. That would be ugly pics!
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 9th, 2007 at 02:53 AM
Oh, they are getting so tall already!! One is almost touching the top of the dome!!! In a couple of days I might have to take it out and put it in a tiny pot!!
He's the leader of the pack..the 'head honcho'...and then I've got the little runt of the litter laugh laugh
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 9th, 2007 at 03:04 AM
Congrats! p angell
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 14th, 2007 at 04:55 AM
I did pot the biggest one in a small pot. the rest I finally had to take out of the greenhouse. They all fell over, so I had to put a glass over each one! (there went all my drinking glasses! I guess they now belong to my plants.) They stood right back up when I did that. They have thick, strong stems.
The Impateins are so thickly sprouted I am going to have to separate small amounts, somehow, so they don't choke each other out.
My columbine hasn't sprouted yet, but the packages said about a month, so I'm not fretting yet.

Oh, and today I bought two new plants! A bromeliad called Carly; beautiful flower in it's center; and a Shamrock Oxalis. The shamrocks are a good two inches across! I never saw anything like it. They are dark, dark purple (that is why I got it!!) and loaded with lavendar blooms, which, when I brought it home and watered it, they started opening; so cute!

I ordered seeds for a sweetwilliam and viola.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 14th, 2007 at 02:58 PM
Cool Shirl....sounds like you are well on your way!!!
Posted By: Carly Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 14th, 2007 at 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Shirley4:

Oh, and today I bought two new plants! A bromeliad called Carly; beautiful flower in it's center; and a Shamrock Oxalis. [/QB]
A bromeliad called Carly?

Ohhhhhhhhhh! Now I am going to be bursting with it all! Ha ha!
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 14th, 2007 at 08:15 PM
Yeah!! Carly! That is what name is at the top of the picture on the stick, stuck in the pot. Under the picture of the bloom it says VRIESEA. My plant has a beautiful bloom in the center. It's colors are red-orange, orange, and yellow; just like the picture!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring has Sprung for me!!! - March 16th, 2007 at 03:18 PM
wow! shirl, sounds like your dome is working great!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]