A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: hollyspringsgirl New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 06:22 PM
Hello everybody! I just registered and thought I would say hello to everyone. I can't wait to read through everyones posts!

I love going to nurseries, gardening, and bird watching as well. I can't wait until the hummingbirds come back!

I am surrounded by red clay soil here in NC. I am looking for plants, flowers, trees, etc. that would work great here in zone 7. Any tips would be great!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 06:31 PM
Hi there,

Welcome to the Forum.

Its nice to meet you!!!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 06:31 PM
wavey

Welcome to the forum!

Nice to meet you!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 06:32 PM
WOW! We said almost the same thing at the same time! thumbup
Posted By: badplanter Re: New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 06:37 PM
Hi there, and welcome to the Forum! wavey
Posted By: netty Re: New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 07:52 PM
Hi Hollyspringsgirl wavey
Welcome to the forum!
Posted By: hollyspringsgirl Re: New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 08:01 PM
Thank you everyone for the nice warm welcome! I am really happy to be here!
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 08:41 PM
Don't let the red clay deter you. Though you can almost make pottery with it....adding gypsum, compost and such will get it very manageable.
Grows some nice veggies (and weeds) for me.

There is a lot of people here with great advice for all your plant needs and suggestions.
Posted By: glenda Re: New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 09:37 PM
Hello,nice to meet you wavey
Posted By: patches1414 Re: New from North Carolina! - February 23rd, 2007 at 11:44 PM
[Linked Image]

Welcome to the forum! smile You're going to love it here luv and we're so glad to have you aboard. wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]