A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: dirt in my diamonds My first time - January 24th, 2007 at 06:27 PM
Hi,
I'm Amanda, originally from NC, but transplanted to IL about a year and a half ago. I'm fairly new to gardening, even though I grew up in the rural south where everyone grows a lot of food in their backyards and keeps hanging baskets on the porch almost year-round!

I'm interested in houseplants, getting flowers and veggies started in my basement from seed, and figuring out a way to have a veggie garden without the neighbors complaining (I have full sun in my front yard, but sun only after 3 or so in summer in the backyard) and without the animals eating it before I do!

I'm lucky enough to live by a small lake but that means we have lots of critters too! The bunnies, 'coons, possums, not to mention ducks, geese, muskrats, and beavers, birds, squirrels, etc. LOVE it here!! And even though we are in the suburbs of Chicago and there aren't many woods around my neighborhood, I did see a deer dart across the front lawn last April!!

I look forward to posting questions to the group, as well hopefully "meeting" some online friends here!

'Manda
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: My first time - January 24th, 2007 at 06:29 PM
Hi there,

Welcome to the Forum.

Its nice to meet you!!
Posted By: badplanter Re: My first time - January 24th, 2007 at 07:02 PM
Hi there, and welcome to the Forum! wavey
Posted By: sibyl Re: My first time - January 24th, 2007 at 07:32 PM
wavey hello! welcome to the fourm wink
Posted By: Thornius Re: My first time - January 24th, 2007 at 11:33 PM
Hi! I'm Thornius, the Bird Man here! I am in Nashville, TN, but spent much of my spare time in the mountains of Western North Carolina as a boy. My wife is from Lenoir, NC, and our son was born in Morganton, NC. I garden, but devote much of my spare time to studying wildlife, especially birds. I have always been fascinated by edible and medicinal wild plants and learn as many of them as I can. Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: princessazlea Re: My first time - January 25th, 2007 at 10:41 AM
Hi Amanda wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
flw flw flw
Posted By: netty Re: My first time - January 25th, 2007 at 04:19 PM
Hello Amanda wavey
Welcome to the forum from Southern Ontario. I know all about critters...I'm currently in a war against rabbits!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]