A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:00 AM
I love them, they're great---before now all I had were those $5 round tables with the glass top and skirt.....

The only thing I don't care for are the deer on them, but he said that the round circle in the middle is easily changed because it's screwed in, and he can make me all kinds of different inserts!

I said, Oh Good! I can have seasonal tables then! laugh laugh laugh

[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/proloz/IMG_0282.jpg?t=1173668243[/img]

[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/proloz/IMG_0279.jpg?t=1173668318[/img]

[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/proloz/IMG_0281_1.jpg?t=1173668379[/img]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:01 AM
Oh and glass will fit over the center part! thumbup We just don't have it yet!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:02 AM
Cool..... thumbup
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:06 AM
That is very pretty, Loz. Deer and all.
He is a keeper! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:06 AM
I'll get right on that! laugh thumbup

BTW, the stain looks a little uneven in the pictures, but it's really not...like the legs don't look any different from the rest of it.

The bottom shelf middle--that dot in the center, well you can barely see that for real...He's going to cover it up anyway, it was just his center point or something. perpl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:09 AM
He IS a keeper! I can't wait for him to make more inserts....I could have snowmen for winter! laugh Maybe birds in flight for spring....flowers for summer! Oh the possibilities are endless!

I'm glad he made them, makes it more special....

I wonder if he can make a matching oval coffetable with the edges all routed and the same legs? lala wink
Posted By: kennyso Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:19 AM
Loz, when can Mark give me a few lessons? I sure could use some wooden planters and a tall table in front of the window to put my seedlings on laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:24 AM
Very nice tables!!!! And to be able to change to seasonal inserts will be really cool!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:33 AM
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
Cool..... thumbup
Your husband has awesome talent Loz..

*Put my order in for some frogs!*
cool thumbup clp
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:37 AM
Originally posted by weezie13:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Tell Marky I need a table with a parrot on it! thumbup
Your husband has awesome talent Loz..

*Put my order in for some frogs!*
cool thumbup thumbup clp
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 03:58 AM
Wow!!! When you said he was making tables I had no idea!!!! That is BEAUTIFUL! thumbup clp
Posted By: sibyl Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 04:23 AM
wow! great job! i love the deer laugh i would keep it with the deer on it! i have deer stuff up in my living room! laugh
Posted By: tamara Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 10:56 AM
Very nice indeed, just don't show my DH. My house is overflowing with deer stuff, he'd go crazy if he seen that. I can just see him carving into my kitchen table laugh

Loz, time to start searching the internet for stuff to build for you. wink
Posted By: Tonya Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 12:14 PM
Those are AWESOME!!!! I love the idea of changeable centers kissies He did a great job!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 12:32 PM
Can I get in line? I'd like a table with a dragonfly please Mark. grinnnn My B-day is in August lala is that enough time??
That is one beautiful table!
Posted By: G~mom Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 12:39 PM
Beautiful tables,Loz!!!!!

Mark is very talented!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 12:55 PM
Can we borrow your husband, Loz?
laugh wink laugh

That is a gorgeous table! I would like to have about three, please....
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 01:22 PM
Those are awsome Laura~~~~!!!
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 01:54 PM
Laura,
I love those tables too- would he take orders? the idea of inserts is so cool...
Nana
Posted By: chenno Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 02:10 PM
Very cool!! I really like the tables:-)
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 02:16 PM
The tables are beautiful tables loz! Mark did a wonderful job! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 02:19 PM
i'm impressed. i really like it and wish i had someone that talented AND motivated to do stuff for me!
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 05:13 PM
Those are just gorgeous! I'll get in line also! I'd like one with 2 malamutes on it....and then another center with 3 kitties. laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 06:07 PM
I'll have to show him all of your great comments when he gets home. He was tossing around the idea to sell them on ebay or something or to someone locally, but when I saw them I said--nu-uh, they are for the house! laugh

My next project I'm hoping he does is 2 plant stands, and 2 benches for the front porch. wink
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 06:09 PM
He will have to teach James the tricks of the trade loz cuz I want a plant stand for in front of my living room window. Almost like a small bench or something. I have in my head what I want but can't find it in any stores. :p
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 06:10 PM
I'm sure he would sell lots of them if he did a website or something. Maybe it is something he could do on the side. ....I once read an article about how to get your website near the top of google searches....I'll have to look for that for you if that is something he'd want to do. Those tables are really nice!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 06:17 PM
He just might be interested in that Jenn.....I'll have to see what he says when he gets home. kissies

Jessica----sometimes I'll just draw a picture for Mark with approximate measurements and let him go to town.

He's lucky though, he's a carpenter and he made the tables at work, they don't mind that he goes in on his days off and uses all their cool tools.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 06:18 PM
Yeah James doesn't have any of the tools and would have to learn how to use them all if he had access to them! thumbup That is so great that he can do that!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 08:41 PM
Very cool! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 12th, 2007 at 11:21 PM
Laura, Those table are awesome!!! He could easily sell them somewhere other than to us here. I would love something like that in my home, for sure!!! Beautiful work Mark!!!
Posted By: faerywatcher Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 13th, 2007 at 12:10 AM
i agree, that table is awesome!!!!!!!
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 13th, 2007 at 12:53 AM
Loz, that table is beautiful!
From all the orders he could get on here just to start with..it sounds like he's set himself up a little business!! The idea of interchangable centers is something unique and would really make it a popular item. He should really go for it! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 13th, 2007 at 01:16 AM
Oh man he loved reading all of your comments....he was smiling! clp

But I just want to say I didn't put them on here to try to sell them or something like them to you all.... laugh I was just so excited to have new tables and I had to share them. He may eventually start to list a few things on ebay, but no time soon I doubt.

He has an addition to help build on his moms best friends house soon and that'll keep most of his free time occupied.
Posted By: sandy113 Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 13th, 2007 at 12:15 PM
loz i love ur table what is the price of a table with a car carved in it
Posted By: MLN Re: Mark made me new tables! - March 13th, 2007 at 09:47 PM
Beautiful work! And I like the deer too--it would go perfectly with all the wildlife stuff I have in my living room (including my deer mount). My hubby can build some really nice things but I'm not sure he could do the cutouts.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]