A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Wrennie Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 2nd, 2006 at 08:24 PM
clp
Anyone heard from Weezie?
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 2nd, 2006 at 09:00 PM
I've tried to PM her! laugh laugh laugh Her box is full! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 2nd, 2006 at 09:41 PM
laugh
wheres the gloves Cindy?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 2nd, 2006 at 09:42 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 3rd, 2006 at 06:53 AM
Looking in here so I keep on top of the latest news.

DO we have a definite weekend yet?
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 3rd, 2006 at 07:53 AM
I thought July 13-15 was the definite weekend??????? Duh
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 3rd, 2006 at 10:18 AM
I musta missed that one then. That weekend works great for me.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 3rd, 2006 at 09:10 PM
Originally posted by melcon6:
I thought July 13-15 was the definite weekend??????? Duh
Me too.
or July 10-19 laugh
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 3rd, 2006 at 09:19 PM
Wish I could make the trip. eek I love camping...

Dianna
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 3rd, 2006 at 09:42 PM
Oh Dianna....you have to come....please try!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 4th, 2006 at 01:29 AM
I just wanted to be sure. I will be looking for airfare deals soon. I have just about enough saved for the tix if I can get a good deal on them.

Can you all believe I will be paying for this trip with my loose change??? I empty my purse every couple of days just so that it will not feel like I am taking away so much from the family budget.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 4th, 2006 at 02:01 AM
Good for you Triss~~!
Thats great that its all spare change thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 4th, 2006 at 02:20 AM
I think it is great, of course my bank is going to have a cow when I bring in a couple hundred dollars in rolled coins. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 4th, 2006 at 02:38 AM
laugh laugh never thought about that!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 4th, 2006 at 03:03 AM
I am sure they will get a kick out of it once I tell them what it is for.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 4th, 2006 at 03:21 AM
laugh laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 7th, 2006 at 02:15 AM
Recipe trade?
Ritas jerky made me thing of it. Bring a copy of your favorite recipe. Trade with others favorites.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 7th, 2006 at 02:21 AM
Ohhhh good idea!!! I am in on that one.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 7th, 2006 at 02:23 AM
Cool idea....i'm in too!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 7th, 2006 at 03:26 AM
I have a yummy chicken recipe. I'm going to make copies of that one! Mmmmm.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 7th, 2006 at 03:36 AM
Sounds really good....any chance i can get an advanced copy laugh grinnnn grinnnn
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 7th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
It has sundried tomato & basil feta cheese, lemon, parsley, finely chopped peppers. I'll make a copy for you. IF i remember when I get home. laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 7th, 2006 at 03:47 AM
All my favorites laugh thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 10th, 2006 at 11:59 AM
Triss, i save my change as well. I refuse to spend change. We get grocery money out of the bank every thursday and on Wednesday night, any cash left in my purse goes into the change jar as well.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 10th, 2006 at 12:22 PM
It adds up Jenn. I am thrilled that I will not be pulling money out of the bank to go on a trip. It is way cool!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 10th, 2006 at 10:01 PM
Maybe i should do that and that can be my spending money for Shopping when we come down thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 11th, 2006 at 01:05 AM
Good plan Penny!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 11th, 2006 at 02:27 AM
Think thats what i am going to start doing thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 11th, 2006 at 06:18 AM
Whats an aero bar? Maybe we should all bring a candy from our area to summer camp. Duh
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 11th, 2006 at 07:06 AM
Wrennie - I had never heard of it either, so I googled it!
It's made by Nestle.

In addition to the United Kingdom, the bar is also sold in Canada, Australia, The Republic of Ireland, Japan, and New Zealand under the Aero name, and in the Netherlands by Nestlé as Bros (meaning: 'brittle'). The Aero bar was made available for a short time in the United States by Nestle during the 1980s, though it seems not to have been a commercial success. The British version is available in some parts of the US as an import. Aero enjoys a large market following in South Africa with Aero, Aero Mint and, recently, White Aero

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 11th, 2006 at 10:39 AM
Aeros are the bomb! I usually only get them when mom and dad bring them home from England....I've eaten about 10 of the mini ones so far today! laugh (thanks Christina) laugh

The chocolate is a higher quality...not as sugary as american chocolate. It's pure chocoloate and the inside is full of little bubbles...so it's a light chocolate.

YUMMY! Crunchie bars are good too! muggs
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 13th, 2006 at 09:17 PM
Aero's are really good.
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 20th, 2006 at 07:56 AM
So, here I live, not in Canada, Australia, The Republic of Ireland, Japan, New Zealand or England, as a would-be registered (if there was a registry) chocolate-freak. Where do I get this Aero bar? Help me, please, I'm drooling.....
Posted By: Tonya Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 21st, 2006 at 02:50 AM
From one of the members in Canada, Australia, The Republic of Ireland, Japan, New Zealand or England laugh laugh kissies

I bet if we ask her really nicely- Penny will bring us some come Summer Camp time! grinnnn

We Love You Penny! grinnnn
I had a German pen-pal that used to send me "true" german chocolate.... OMG- it is to die for!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 21st, 2006 at 03:01 AM
I will get some Aero bars across the border for you's to try.....i know what you will all be asking for next Christmas laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 21st, 2006 at 07:17 AM
OMG, I have to go somewhere else or get something to use for a drool-bib. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!! And I'm supposed to wait for this summer? What was your penpal's address?
Posted By: Tonya Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 21st, 2006 at 08:52 PM
shocked I can't remember.....I do remember her name and that she lived near the Black Forest.....Maybe I should hunt her down laugh laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 21st, 2006 at 09:31 PM
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Tonya Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 21st, 2006 at 10:04 PM
Seriously- I have pics somewhere.... idea I could make "have you seen her" posters

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 21st, 2006 at 10:15 PM
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 22nd, 2006 at 09:48 PM
aero bars here
and here
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 22nd, 2006 at 10:07 PM
Thats them Wrennie~~!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 23rd, 2006 at 03:29 AM
oooooooooooooh - MINT!!! Yummmmmmmy!
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 25th, 2006 at 02:21 PM
I'd forgotten about Bounty bars. They're wonderful! Thanks for the links. Now, as to my next pay-check...
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 26th, 2006 at 09:03 PM
I got my Aero bars, they were about $30- for a box of 48 bars! YUM, YUM!!!! thumbup
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 26th, 2006 at 09:04 PM
Originally posted by margaret e. pell:
I'd forgotten about Bounty bars. They're wonderful! Thanks for the links. Now, as to my next pay-check...
What are Bounty Bars???? shk shk shk
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 28th, 2006 at 12:44 AM
They are like good quality Mounds bars; less corn syrup, more flavor.
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 30th, 2006 at 11:53 AM
Well, I haven't been reading this thread at all lately with everything that has been going on. It is pretty safe to say that we will not be able to go to summer camp this year. The house has sold and we bought the trailer today. We close on the house on January 26th and if the weather is not horrid, will most likely leave then.

Make sure you all take TONS of pictures!! I don't wanna miss a thing!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - November 30th, 2006 at 09:29 PM
Awww, we'll miss you, but thats great the house sold so quickly!! clp Safe {hectic with pups} journey!
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 3rd, 2006 at 05:16 AM
I may have missed this in previous posts..but are any of the members bringing husbands/boyfriends/significant others? I'm still debating and I'd hate to be only one...and I'm sure so would he! laugh
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 3rd, 2006 at 05:50 AM
Not I! grinnnn
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 3rd, 2006 at 07:58 AM
I' a "Day-Tripper" and only I will attend. grinnnn clp
Posted By: badplanter Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 3rd, 2006 at 10:08 AM
if I attend, I'll most likely be a day tripper. If not:
Make sure you all take TONS of pictures!! I don't wanna miss a thing!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 3rd, 2006 at 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ChristinaC:
I may have missed this in previous posts..but are any of the members bringing husbands/boyfriends/significant others? I'm still debating and I'd hate to be only one...and I'm sure so would he! laugh
I think Penny was debating the same thing. And as I answered there my BF is going to be here. I cant remember if Mr Rita is coming.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 3rd, 2006 at 07:46 PM
or Mr Tonya....
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 01:06 AM
Shh..but I'd rather come by myself. thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 02:05 AM
***whispers***oh***ok***
Nope no guys/spouses etc here lala
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Wrennie:

[b] Nope no guys/spouses etc here
lala [/b]
I'll show him that post only. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* wink laugh
Posted By: chermoni Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 03:39 AM
I haven't been doing very well on keeping up with this post. I know I had originally said that I would like to attend. While that is still true, unfortunately I won't be able to. I can only afford one plane trip a year and my aunt and cousins are counting on me to see them next year, especially since my uncle is in Iraq. If anyone lives in Virginia I will going out there towards the beginning of june (not sure of exact dates yet), maybe we can meet while I'm there?
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
My plan is to come alone. I would love to be able to bring the whole family and make it a long vacation but will have to see if I can do that. So as it stands now, just me.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 05:42 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wrennie:
<strong>
Nope no guys/spouses etc here kissies
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 05:52 AM
No, no, no Mark. I'm really hoping you're able to come!!!!
I just kinda' wanted this to be "my thing". I've never done anything on my own like this. It will probably do me a lot of good to get away by myself...hard to explain actually...I just kinda' want to prove to myself that I can do it...on my own. kissies
Posted By: badplanter Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 05:55 AM
laugh laugh laugh laugh

I know y'all were kiddin'!

I'm just messing with everyone! laugh
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 06:01 AM
Oh good!

Do you think you'll be able to come?

BTW...u have another Christmas card coming from me. grinnnn
Posted By: badplanter Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 06:07 AM
laugh laugh
Me coming is still a 'maybe'.... it's only a 3 hour drive from here! laugh

BTW...u have another Christmas card coming from me.
Thanks! kissies grinnnn
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 4th, 2006 at 09:15 PM
Aww Chermoni we'll miss you.
We do hope you can come Mark.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 5th, 2006 at 12:42 AM
Well ya'll can add one more to the list, Charlie will be accompaning me. Dan and I were talking about the trip this morning and he thinks that if I take Charlie along, it will enable him to work if he has to while I am gone. I am all for bringing him along so it will be the two of us.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - December 5th, 2006 at 12:44 AM
laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 3rd, 2007 at 09:22 PM
Only 6 1/2 months to go!!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 4th, 2007 at 01:00 AM
thumbup
Posted By: Tonya Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 4th, 2007 at 08:43 PM
thumbup
Posted By: kennyso Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 6th, 2007 at 11:32 AM
I know I won't be coming for sure ters ters ters
Posted By: kennyso Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 6th, 2007 at 11:32 AM
make sure you guys have fun and bring back lots of pics!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 6th, 2007 at 04:21 PM
Originally posted by badplanter:
Me coming is still a 'maybe'.... it's only a 3 hour drive from here! laugh

ok ladies, dont forget the glue incase mark gets to go thumbup laugh
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 7th, 2007 at 10:05 PM
Originally posted by kennyso:
I know I won't be coming for sure
eek
pictures for sure then! thumbup

**Note to self, be sure theres glue remover for Mark, just in case...
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 12th, 2007 at 12:22 AM
I bet you all will have a blast!!!woo hoo..I cannot wait to see pics of this one clp laugh clp laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 12th, 2007 at 01:28 AM
Angie, you should be planning on coming to this one!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 12th, 2007 at 01:30 AM
I agree......it would be awsome if you could make it Angie thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 02:02 AM
Okay I've done some air fare pricing and possibly made arrangment of airport pickup from Stewart airport I just have to make sure funds and vacation time slot is available because , I may be going to KY in May as well ,, Either way I hope to meet some more members this spring/summer!!! thumbup clp
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 02:04 AM
Well i hope you can make it Diane, i would love to meet you too!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 02:12 AM
Just remember for those flying in and worrying about getting a ride, I will also be flying in and am planning on renting a vehicle so there will be room for passengers!!! We just have to time our arrivals a bit.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 02:16 AM
This will be so much fun to start planning it all as the time gets closer....I am so excited!!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Triss:
Just remember for those flying in and worrying about getting a ride, I will also be flying in and am planning on renting a vehicle so there will be room for passengers!!! We just have to time our arrivals a bit.
Triss what airport are you flying into???
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 02:52 AM
I think it is Albany??? Have to look it up again. I know I am flying over on Southwest cuz it has the best prices especially if you buy far enough out. But the airports are not all that far away from one another, I bet a pick up could be done as well.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 03:04 AM
Ok I just checked and it is Albany. I can get a flight right now for $159 each way and if you were flying out of DFW it would be $99 each way. They are only booking out until the beginning of May right now though.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 03:07 AM
Thats a good price...and how much would Charlie be???
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 03:20 AM
The same, he is over 2 now.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 03:30 AM
Thats too bad that he is the same cost as mom.....but i cant wait to meet him!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 16th, 2007 at 04:29 AM
I am looking so forward to the trip, that is for sure!
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 19th, 2007 at 06:16 PM
I need a map of the area, please?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 19th, 2007 at 06:26 PM
Triss,
You guys are coming from Washington State for the camp out! I am sure it will be way more fun than Disneyworld - everyone is a friend and there won't be nearly as long of lines at the potty! Wow!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 19th, 2007 at 06:27 PM
Ooooohhhhh, are you thinking of joining Tina?
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 19th, 2007 at 06:32 PM
Jane, so far just Charlie and I will be coming for the campout unless things change.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 19th, 2007 at 06:37 PM
This is awsome news Tina....hope you can!!!
How about you Jane??
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 19th, 2007 at 07:23 PM
Originally posted by jonni13:
I need a map of the area, please?
Of my town? The Catskills? NYState?
http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 19th, 2007 at 10:34 PM
ooooooooooooh - Tina might come - yippee!

And Diane!!! And everyone else! What fun!
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 20th, 2007 at 07:53 PM
You are all going to have so much fun;-) Gosh, I wish I could meet you all!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 20th, 2007 at 08:16 PM
Are you going to try and make the trip Angie?
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 20th, 2007 at 08:22 PM
I am sure it will not be in the budget Triss, and that is real far from me;-( wish I could..next time maybe...
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 20th, 2007 at 08:25 PM
Well I am still planning on flying through your area with a LONG layover so I hope we can get together.
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 20th, 2007 at 08:50 PM
Triss, I look forward to that!!! clp
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Summer Camp 07 the s'more the s'merrier #3 - January 20th, 2007 at 10:56 PM
************************CLOSED***********************

wavey
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]