A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Blooming Great 8 - October 4th, 2005 at 11:02 PM
I hope everyone will continue to share their photographs of the great fall colors in their gardens. I need all kinds of ideas about what kinds of plants to add to mine to keep the blooms comming all fall long.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 5th, 2005 at 12:41 AM
Hmmmmm T I'm gonna have to figure out how to collect seeds from mums -- I think I can split them come spring, so if nothing else I'll do that wink
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 5th, 2005 at 12:59 AM
Mary,
I saw a picture of your mums....the last
"Blooming" one before, WOOWWWWWWWWWWWW,
Gorgeous...that was a nice lay out there...

Just wanted to tell you that before I got
tooooo sidetracked again!!!
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 5th, 2005 at 07:26 AM
Thanks Weezie! I tried to lay them out like a rainbow - next year I'm gonna do it a little different, and shoot for red, orange, yellow, purple -- sure wish there were green and blue mums! laugh

Oh, I'll probably also space them just a wee bit differently next year - they killed 2 of my rose bushes because they got so big - and I had no idea they got THAT big. I spaced them according to the recommendation and everything...if you can believe it, this is what they looked like in May [Linked Image]
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 5th, 2005 at 09:49 PM
I'm sorry they took out your roses. That is rough to hear. It's hard to believe those mums started from such small plants.

Seed harvest is easy. Let the flower die on the stem pick off the flower and underneath the brown petals are the seeds. Just like the marigolds from what I've been learning. My flowers on the yellow mum are still healthy so I have a while to wait but you can bet I am watching.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 5th, 2005 at 11:29 PM
A few of today's bloomers.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cindy grinnnn
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 5th, 2005 at 11:34 PM
oh la la!!! flw Very pretty my dear! flw

I love cosmos - when my daughter was born, there was a woman with a small plant stand in her front yard and my husband bought those same flowers every single day for 2 weeks on his way home from work, for Amy and me. They were so cheerful and pretty! I tried growing them once, but they got too tall and leggy so I gave up on them...

Have not grown morning glories on the ground - they look so nice and healthy!
Might have to try that next year!

The canna - WOW! Such a pretty color! Was that the one you were offering to trade seeds for, Cindy? If so, it's a deal!

Oh, yeah... what is that purple flower in the middle picture? Kinda looks like a hosta flower, but not the leaves...
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 5th, 2005 at 11:49 PM
I love cosmos -
So...is that what the flower in the top picture is? shocked

Have not grown morning glories on the ground
It was an accident. :rolleyes:
I pulled up a pick-up truck load that were across the entire side yard...but left a few stragglers. Then they got too pretty to pull up.

Was that the one you were offering to trade seeds for, Cindy? If so, it's a deal!
Yep...not sure if that's the exact one...but they are all dark orange, some with a few yellow streaks.

what is that purple flower in the middle picture?
Mona Lavender
I traded "frustratedattimes" something for it last year.

Cindy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 6th, 2005 at 12:04 AM
yep - definitely very pretty cosmos!

I'll PM you in a bit about trading those canna seeds. Gotta get the laundry in...
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 6th, 2005 at 12:12 AM
Have we heard from
"frustratedattimes"
lately?
I was going to PM him, awhile back and got side tracked I guess..around the time when Katrina
went thru.

Anyone hear from him?????????
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 6th, 2005 at 12:13 AM
Ohhhhhh yeah,
Cindy those flowers are very very pretty....... thumbup flw clp cool
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 6th, 2005 at 01:14 AM
Anyone hear from him?????????
I've been wondering about him for awhile now...
We need an update from him on that back yard that he was working on!

Cindy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 6th, 2005 at 01:40 AM
And his wife wasn't feeling well either..
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 6th, 2005 at 09:58 AM
I've read all the posts on this page twice and I'm still waiting for the pictures to come up. Some day they are going to come up with a fast cheap connection to the internet lol. Who am I trying to kid huh?

Oh no I have red x's in boxes. That's bad right?
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 7th, 2005 at 05:18 AM
Some reds and purples on this cloudy/foggy day...

succulents are getting redder as we get into fall:
[Linked Image]

purple hyacinth beans are going wild on my arbor now:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 7th, 2005 at 05:21 AM
Some Autumn Orange:

mini zinnias again - getting better and better!
[Linked Image]

pyracantha berries:
[Linked Image]

And, last but not least, one of my goldies
(only about 4 inches but looks larger in the picture):
[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 7th, 2005 at 05:42 AM
Those mini-zinnias are the bomb!
Gonna have to grow some of them next year!

They look so healthy.

Cindy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 7th, 2005 at 05:43 AM
Lynne,
How many plants are there in that
picture of the zinnia's????

GREAT FLOWERS BY THE WAY!!!! thumbup thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 7th, 2005 at 05:54 AM
Thanks, Cindy & Weezie!

Can you believe that that was only 1 four inch pot!?!
I even bought it in July when that nursery was closing down - they are only open from Mother's Day til early July. Got it for $1 on sale and it only had 1 stem at the time!!! It's just been amazing me each time I go out there. There is another one just like it in the same pond garden.

I have PLENTY of seeds if you would like some, Weezie.

Cindy - would you like me to send you some of the zinnia seeds with the canna seeds?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 7th, 2005 at 06:02 AM
Cindy Lynne your pictures aren't showing up for me. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 7th, 2005 at 06:45 AM
I can see them...

Have you shut your computer down and
re~booted it?
Might be a temporary glitch Duh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 7th, 2005 at 09:33 AM
hooper...maybe I need to lower the file size of my pics so they load faster.

Cindy - would you like me to send you some of the zinnia seeds with the canna seeds?
Sure...do you have any already?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 7th, 2005 at 09:34 AM
I'll have to try that thanks Weezie. Hope you don't mine me putting you in the weed patch story. I couldn't resist.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 13th, 2005 at 08:59 PM
These are always my latest bloomers

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 13th, 2005 at 09:25 PM
thumbup pretty!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 13th, 2005 at 11:23 PM
Oh, I really like that color???
Salmon or a pink like..
Very pretty!!!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 14th, 2005 at 12:47 AM
I second that Weezie! Very nice color!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 14th, 2005 at 03:33 AM
Woohoo I can see the pictures now. Great Pictures!!! I love them. I might do some of those mini zinnies too. Of course where I would put them is beyond me. First I have to find a place for everything that I have and then I'll go about finding a place for everything I'd like to have but don't lol. Some day some way I guess.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 14th, 2005 at 06:29 AM
here are my blooms, only they aren't mine... they were my daughter's and i spent the day digging them up, she didn't want them!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 14th, 2005 at 07:02 AM
Free plants! thumbup *drooling*

And such beauties! flw flw clp
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 14th, 2005 at 11:30 PM
Really cool free flowers what are they? Besides really pretty. Are they a bulb-type thingy?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - October 15th, 2005 at 12:50 AM
Those are very cool Jiff....
I almost broke down and bought some of
those on the QVC.... they weren't too
bad of a price but the price you got
them for was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.....

They are soooooooo cool!!!! thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 11th, 2005 at 02:13 AM
Check out my Camellia....it isn't too big yet, but aren't the blooms beautiful??? thumbup

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 11th, 2005 at 02:42 AM
Loz, very pretty!! Ya know, I was just thinking of asking, is anyone else still getting blooms the late?? I have roses, alyssum, petunias, salvia, hosta, mums, all still blooming.. and my Clematis is looking to bloom any day now too!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 11th, 2005 at 02:52 AM
Yes, Loz, that is very pretty..

I still have some, believe it or not,
NICOTIANA'S...
Unbelievable tough little plants they are..
Whewwwwwww!!!!
We've had some frosts and tons' of nights'
with cold~cold temps.. and they're still green
and bloomin'!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 11th, 2005 at 04:44 AM
The yellow miniature snapdragons, miniature roses, zinnia, mums, tomatoes, Dianthus, portulaca are all still producing blooms. Sure is a strange year isn't it?
Posted By: Carly Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 11th, 2005 at 01:52 PM
These flowers are gorgeous, gang.

I haven't got anything to show right now except the mums.

And after these wind storms, they're looking like the old song's outlaws waiting for the train.

The leaves look nice though.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 11th, 2005 at 06:41 PM
My flowers are all done for because I pulled most of my annuals up already, I do have a few portulacas(moss roses) clinging on a putting off a few flowers--but pretty much it's just my camellia flowering right now....I bought it on clearance a few years ago for 3 or 4 bucks....
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 28th, 2005 at 12:22 AM
Look what I have blooming in my Kitchen all these Hibiscus are Tropical. My Christmas Cactus
[Linked Image]
Goldend Wind Hibiscus
[Linked Image]
Largo Breeze
[Linked Image]
Candy Wind
[Linked Image]
Jimmy
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 28th, 2005 at 03:05 AM
JV, doesn't it get winter in Texas? flw Missed you while you were gone.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 28th, 2005 at 05:03 AM
Thanks for the pictures Jimmy. kissies

How great to be surrounded by all of those flowers inside. thumbup
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 28th, 2005 at 05:31 AM
by sheri
JV, doesn't it get winter in Texas?
yes it is only 79 here right now. But when it does turn cold a lot of times it will be well below 0 for days on end then turn off 80 makes you wonder why everyone here isn't dead from colds. These flowers are Tropicals in my Kitchen. did not take any of the ones outside. Still getting peppers also have not had a freeeze although it did get to 32 once awhile back. My winter is when I don't HAVE to run the A/C. Is very good to be back driving has gotten to be a chore use to love to travel.
Jimmy
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 28th, 2005 at 08:52 AM
Super Christmas Cactus and the Golden Wind Hybiscus especially. You can sure tell my favorite colors are red and yellow can't you. Well it's really good to hear from you JV it's been awhile. Kiss Lacy and Clyde for me and the rest of the babies too and tell them I love them. Enjoy your holiday season.
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 28th, 2005 at 10:34 AM
Thanks TK glad you like the blooms. I will tell and hug them for you. Clyde was on my shoulder decided he wanted in his cage to eat. Looks like Laci might be expecting but not sure. After losing the last joey I am going to leave them alone and see what happens. Good to be back hope your feeling better then you were.
Jimmy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - November 28th, 2005 at 11:38 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh Jimmy, those blooms are gorgeous!!!
Sooooo pretty!!!!
*especially to eye's up here that are about
frozen shut!!!*

Thank~You for sharing those....
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 3rd, 2005 at 12:09 AM
Found this bloom this morning . The blooming one is my Carolina Breeze second year to come in the house to overwinter. Note the buds on the Golden wind to the left. That old Coleus on the right has come in the house about 4 years now. Only one iof seven I have left gave rest away to make room for Hibiscus [Linked Image] all the ones on bottom shelf are budding also. Soon will have to move them to a top shelf as they are getting tall. Hope your not tired of me posting my blloms if you are oh well :p gonna postem anyho laugh laugh laugh
Jimmy
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 3rd, 2005 at 12:28 AM
lol I love your blossums. So you keep right on posting. I have a couple of flowers on the portulaca that I am overwintering but I never can get a picture of them because they are in the window.

That's an interesting coleus. I've never seen one with so much white on it.
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 3rd, 2005 at 01:01 AM
Tk these are in my kithcen bay window which faces north. Note my wife's sheer curtains behind them. (She would hurt me if she were here laugh )Have those lights everyone is talking about full spectrum bulbs they sure do good. Got them to save on power which they seem to also found out they are good for plants and animals. So as soon as possible will have them all over the house and no more 100 watts as these are just as bright. Got the first one due to Billies failing eyesight before she passed away liked them so bought more. That Coleus is unusaual even in bright sun it stays white but the dark colors get really dark.Glad to like them.
Jimmy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 3rd, 2005 at 12:14 PM
Jimmy,
I just cool LOVE luv cool LOVE luv cool LOVE luv looking at your flowers when it's 2 feet of snow up here...

Thank~Youuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Posted By: Carly Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 3rd, 2005 at 12:54 PM
Even though we have snow here in Toronto, my hibiscus has bloomed twice this week.

And my african violet has a bud.

Do they know something we don't?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 3rd, 2005 at 11:45 PM
ty for info JV. I have one full spectrum light but I'm not sure how good it is for the plants. But I don't want to turn it off to find out lol. The portulaca decided to put on an orange feast today. I got up and there were orange blooms all over the pot. I trimmed it down because it does get leggy and it never seems to mind the trimming.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 4th, 2005 at 09:08 AM
Jimmy, I would never get tired of you posting pictures, esp of blooming plants, they are very refreshing for those of us who don't have anything blooming. Great pictures...Ok for a dumb question: Would having sheer curtains at a window produce indirect light coming through the windows for plants that require indirect light?????
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 4th, 2005 at 11:15 PM
Hi Comfrey I have been told that shear curtains would create indirect lighting by people who supposidly know a lot more then me. But I use the lights to make sure they get enough light as you can see they seem to be doing well. And yes I think the plants and animals know a lot more then me at least. My dogs have not put on thick winter coats . Everyone is predicting warmer then usual winter which is all we need. Extra hot summer now warmer then normal winter bugs galore next summer.
Jimmy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 4th, 2005 at 11:29 PM
Interesting, Jimmy... our 1 year old cat has put on such a thick coat this winter - hope that isn't a prediction of a really bad winter to come...
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 5th, 2005 at 12:14 AM
Lynne all my life growing up my Granddad and my Dad would say watch the animal's caots as they will tell you what kind of winter you will have. Thick coat cold winter, thin coat a warm winter, extra thick coat a bad winter. Also when the shed their coat in the spring the earlier they shed the earlier warm weather. One year our cattle and horses as well as dogs started shedding in Feb. and in March we were mowing hay. Another year they didn't shed until Easter and spring came late and a very cool summer in the 70's and low 80's which was a record for New Mexico at that time.
Jimmy
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 7th, 2005 at 12:51 AM
I awoke to find this Red Shied Hibiscus Blooming and this plant as well as three more are loaded with buds. These are in my living room .
[Linked Image] have these under those full spectrum lights.
Jimmy
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 7th, 2005 at 01:43 AM
Those are beautiful. To have flowers like that in winter sure brings a smile to my face. Thanks so much for sending a little spring to all of us Jimmy.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 7th, 2005 at 01:44 AM
How nice to have such bright colors during winter, JV!

Interesting what you wrote about animal's coats. I haven't really paid close attention to it before, even though I had heard about it.
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 9th, 2005 at 01:14 AM
Here are some more photo's of my lving room and kitchen plants.
this is a morning glory tree that is behind my recliner [Linked Image] Next are two Red shield Hibiscus with blooms [Linked Image]
More to come
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 9th, 2005 at 01:20 AM
Next is Candy wind with 2 blooms on it. [Linked Image] Next cool Wind on dining table IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/greywolf1842/Flowers/Wintering%20Flowers/CoolWindBloom.jpg[/IMG] last is Carolina Breeze on shelf in front of kithcen window. [Linked Image]
As you can see I am running out of room have a bunch lining my hall as well as some in Iguana's room.
Jimmy
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 9th, 2005 at 04:25 AM
Surely one of those beautiful blooms is named Sheri flw
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 9th, 2005 at 05:18 AM
Well of course that Carolina Breeze I call sheri thumbup
Jimmy
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 9th, 2005 at 07:39 AM
You're too smart JV. wavey
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 9th, 2005 at 10:32 PM
Well I try to stay up on things. But I really do call it Sheri because I like the way the name is spelled and yes I did name it after you because of the way you spell your name. Had more blooming this morning but will not post all Red shield looks alike and Carolina Wind(Sheri) is blooming big this morning sure glad I brouth these Hibiscus in this winter. Hope my Texas Stars all make it this winter. If not I have plenty of seeds.
Jimmy
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 17th, 2005 at 03:29 AM
Here are my bloomers for today. This Hibiscus tree is in my living room stands about 4 foot tall.
[Linked Image] This Golden wind is in my kitchen window.
[Linked Image]
Jimmy
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 17th, 2005 at 04:15 AM
Wow really nice Jimmy. How do you fit all of you plus the plants in one trailer? You must be houdini.
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 17th, 2005 at 04:26 AM
Jimmy, You make me smile every time you post one of those beautiful flowers!

Question for you, do you grow the hibiscus in containers year around or pull them out of the ground to overwinter?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 17th, 2005 at 05:18 AM
Beautiful Jimmy.... flw
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 17th, 2005 at 12:53 PM
Thanks for all your kind words. Triss they are container plants year round this is the first year for my Braided trees the others are about 3 years old. Tammy my mobile home is 14x80 feet. the kitchen has a bay window acorss most of it. Have full specrtrum lights through rest of the house. My hall has plants running the length of it. Some plants are in the Iguana's room on shelves too.
Jimmy
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 17th, 2005 at 02:02 PM
What size containers do you have them in and how tall do they average?

And what are full-spectrum lights? Do they work in a regular socket?

Lots of questions, huh.
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 18th, 2005 at 03:30 AM
Triss right now I have the ones on the shelves in 3 to 4 galllon pots. some I have in 5 gallon buckets. I use a moisture meter to regulate the water also water almost all from pans they are setting in well worth the little bit they cost. Full Spectrum lights take less power to give off as much light as say a 100 watt bulb they are supposed to be almost like sunlight. I do know my birds and other animals (not nocturnal)seem to act better and plants as you can see are blooming also some are putting on new leaves. They are like neon lights bright and very easy on you eyes. They do screw into your regular light fixture. I first started using them when Billie started losing her eye sight they helped her see a little bit longer and do things in the Kitchen which she was always cooking and baking just like Vanessa and some of you others are. Hope this helps you.
Jimmy
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 18th, 2005 at 04:48 AM
Jimmy, love to look at all your beautiful flowers, makes me long for summer again, it's way too short up here....Triss you missed this thread all about full spectrum lights. thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 18th, 2005 at 06:36 AM
Thanks for the info and for the thread. I am thinking about putting those lights in my laundry room for plant starts and later for overwintering stuff.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 18th, 2005 at 07:10 AM
I'm thinking about putting those lights in my bedroom for my sanity!
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 21st, 2005 at 12:56 AM
Sheri is blooming again she just wont stop. A lot of others have buds on them again. Getting much needed rain so maybe will have some moist soil come spring but I doubt it can only hope.
Jimmy
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 31st, 2005 at 07:03 AM
My newest Blooms as of today.
Golden wind
[Linked Image]
Carolina Wind not to be confused with Sheri
[Linked Image]
Have some Red Shield also but they all look alike.
Jimmy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 31st, 2005 at 09:00 AM
cool cool cool cool cool cool kissies thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 31st, 2005 at 09:08 AM
Ohhhhhhhh, Jimmy, those are sooooooo beautiful.
I keep thanking you for sharing those and I
sincerely appreciate them soooooooo.. kissies cool grinnnn angell flw flw
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 31st, 2005 at 10:57 AM
Gorgeous, JV!!!

What kind of window exposure do you have them in?
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 31st, 2005 at 11:02 AM
Lynne thats my bay window facing north house sits where it gets some morning and some afternoon sun strained through Billies sheer curtains. Glad you and weezie likes them.
Jimmy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 31st, 2005 at 11:19 AM
wow - wonder if I could winter them in the house, then! Do you ever have problems with white fly or mites?
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Great 8 - December 31st, 2005 at 02:35 PM
WOW Jimmy, stunning!!!
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 1st, 2006 at 05:02 AM
Not so far Lynne my only problem is I tend to over water reason I got the moisture meter. Just remember I do not use any kind of chemicals on anything I have. Thanks for all the complements sure makes it nice to have your work admired.
Jimmy
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 12:11 AM
Have a lot of buds today but here are my two new blooms for this day. The first one is my Pink Braided Hibiscus.
[Linked Image]
The second one is my Carloina Breeze again.
[Linked Image]
Jimmy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 01:04 AM
Jimmy...those are BEAUTIMOUS!!! I think the Golden Wind is my favorite...but they are all spectacular!!! I bet that there is a feeling of "spring" in your house getting to enjoy those blooms!!!!
The new banner at the top of the page caught my eye this morning...it is so Spring~ie as well...with all this crazy weather crisis...every spring~ie thought is appreciated!!!

~V~
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 01:09 AM
Jimmy,
Thank~You..
Those are so pretty..
I can't help but comment
EVERYTIME I SEE THEM...
wink kissies cool flw
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 01:13 AM
Once again - GORGEOUS!!!

I have tried these in the past indoors, I just remembered. An uncle took me to a wonderful place that specialized in growing them, and he bought me 2 - they got such bad white fly on them, I had to toss them. I, also, do not like to use any chemicals Jimmy!

Our baseboard heating is so very drying, I don't think I'd have a problem with overwatering... but I do tend to favor cacti and succulents for indoors for just that reason.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 01:47 AM
Oh Jimmy, they are so pretty!!!! It's so nice to see some blooms during the winter....Thanks for sharing them! wavey
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 01:55 AM
OMG jimmy they are soooo pretty!! I think my favorite is the carolina breeze one...that is just sooo beautiful! I showed my mom and me and her both love the color. would you happen to have any seeds for it?
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 03:02 AM
No I don't I keep hopping but so far no seed pods. Will keep you in mind if it ever does makes a seed pod. Just bought a Mother-In-Law Tongue that is blooming will post below.
Jimmy
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 03:05 AM
ok thanks jimmy!
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 03:07 AM
Just bought this Mother-In -Laws tongue Carolyn at Wal-Mart pointed out this one as it has blooms. This is the Plant I stoopped down to get this so as not to get my shadow it is about chest tall to me.
[Linked Image]
Here is the bloom.
[Linked Image]
Think it was worth my $5.00 don't you?
Jimmy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 03:42 AM
$5????? Are you kidding!!!

WOW!!! I've never seen such a huge snake plant!
I guess you grow that outside?

Good find, Jimmy!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 04:02 AM
My landlord has one like that. He keeps it in the bus station and divides it every other year or so.
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 3rd, 2006 at 04:10 AM
Trying to get some starts from a blade that was broken off another one. Carolyne told me what how so I am trying wish me luck on this. If I get a bunch started will be in my trades.
Jimmy
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 13th, 2006 at 09:36 AM
Am I the only one with blooms here? How about the Fl and Ca people I know some of them have blooings. Oh well here is somemoe of my Hibiscus and a Chrtismas cactus bloom. Pink Braided Hibiscus
[Linked Image]
Golden Wind Hibiscus
[Linked Image]
Largo Breeze
[Linked Image]
Christmas Cactus Bloom
[Linked Image]
Jimmy
Posted By: Nako Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 13th, 2006 at 10:54 PM
wow JV! We sell snakeplants that size at the greenhouse for no less then 15 bux, and i thought THAT was a deal o.O
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 14th, 2006 at 01:20 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. Phoebe I almost didn't buy it because I thouhgt that was too high thanks for letting me know I got a bargan. Only reason I bought it is because i had never seen one bloom before and it still is putting on new blooms.
Jimmy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 14th, 2006 at 05:11 AM
Jimmy, I think you're doing a beautiful job
on those flowers....

How many of those plants do you have???
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 14th, 2006 at 05:38 AM
Weezi I am not real sure I think maybe between 15 and 20 not counting the roots I have in another pot. Still have mother plant in 5 gallon bucket and it is full. Always so pleased you like my posies. grinnnn
Jimmy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 14th, 2006 at 08:09 AM
I was begining to wonder how many,
cause you kept having sooooooo many
different colors..

I do, I really entruely do...
A bit of sunshine to my eyes in
winter time...
I really look forward to them....
Posted By: Bill Re: Blooming Great 8 - January 14th, 2006 at 08:16 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~ closing ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]