A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: kennyso we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 12:36 AM
my parents sold our house, we'll probably have to give our house at the end of april. what should I do now? I want to move our peony and the few daffodil bulbs, the direct sowed aconite and iris seeds, and the hosta that I got last year but the new people want them to stay. My mom told me to give away all my house plants (2 AVs, 1 cyclman, 3 small callas, and my jerulasem cherry) At least I gave them to my teachers so I know they're in pretty good hands. I'm going to stay at the same school until June, but then I have to switch schools. I'm lost for words
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 12:56 AM
That's sad that you even had to give away your houseplants!!!
I guess anyone mailing you anything had better hold off, huh? The address I have will be good long enough for your pathos, or should I keep them till after the move?
Posted By: chermoni Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 01:06 AM
Sorry to hear that Kenny. If there is anyway that I can help just let me know. Maybe we'll all just have to send you some new house warming plants after you move. kissies
Posted By: patches1414 Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 01:12 AM
Geesh, Kenny, I really hate to hear that because it's so hard to leave behind plants that you're cared for and loved. Duh

Kenny, I know going to a new school and leaving your friends can be a little difficult. frown I don't know how far away you are moving, but perhaps you will still be able to keep in touch with them. You know, going to a different school will also give you the opportunity to make some new friends. smile Maybe you'll even find someone who shares your love of gardening at your new school. smile
Posted By: badplanter Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 01:19 AM
Kenny, that's terrible... kissies

Where are you moving to? Is it far away from where you live now?

Good luck with everything.. kissies

We'll have a great house-warming party here for you! kissies
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 01:23 AM
Hey, that's a good idea sprout!!! clp
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 01:29 AM
Hey there Kenny Bummer news.. But you know were all here to supply you with new plants and seeds thumbup Good luck with the move!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 02:21 AM
Originally posted by SpringFever:
Hey there Kenny Bummer news.. But you know were all here to supply you with new plants and seeds thumbup Good luck with the move!!
Yep!! That's a given!! just let us know when you are settled in the new house And we'll load ya up on houseplants and seeds/ bulbs!! thumbup grinnnn
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 02:32 AM
thumbup wink see that Kenny Good to go!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 03:47 AM
Originally posted by chermoni:
Sorry to hear that Kenny. If there is anyway that I can help just let me know. Maybe we'll all just have to send you some new house warming plants after you move. kissies
Oh Kenny...your house plants, how sad you must be kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 03:51 AM
Oh Kenny, I am so sorry about the move. Sounds kinda sudden since you have not mentioned the possibility before. Where are you all headed now???

Once you get settled, be sure and let us all know your addy and care packages will be wheeling themselves your way!
Posted By: Thornius Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 05:11 AM
You can come live with me, Kenny. I'm a Druid and I know you're a Catholic, but I don't think the Human Sacrifices I do every Solstice and Equinox will get in the way of your beliefs, MUCH,......DO YOU?
Posted By: Wrennie Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 12:27 PM
Kenny here when a house is sold the plants in the yard are part of the deal and have to stay.

I dont get why your houseplants had to go Duh At least you can visit them when you're at school.
The daffodils here arent done blooming by the end of April. I would put a thread in seeds & cuttings asking for what you want when you're ready.
Posted By: faerywatcher Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 12:40 PM
kenny, i'm sorry you have to move and let all your plants go! even though it is hard, look at it this way, there will be a few people that will take pride (we hope) in the things you have loved and cared for.

when my mom moved first, then i came out here, both moving trips envolved pulling up ponds, plants, and ROCKS! it was backbreaking work and then we both had to keep everything alive in pots until we could get them in the ground where we wanted a gardens to be. we both lost several, but now you would never know!

as soon as you are settled, all of us here will get you going again! flw flw
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear that you have to move and give away all of your plants....but like Wendy said....we'll all be here to get you going again thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Tonya Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 01:52 PM
kissies So sorry to hear you have to give up your plants, but I have PLENTY of daffodil bulbs I can share with you once you are moved! kissies
Posted By: sibyl Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 03:31 PM
im sorry to hear that kenny! those peoneys were your granpa wernt they?

were are ya moving to? another house? apartment?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: we're really moving - March 8th, 2007 at 04:40 PM
Kenny,
I am verrrrry sorry to hear of this news..
ters
Question, how far away are you going?
Like several 100 miles or just to another town?

Can you ask the new owners that you have several of your "Grampa's" plants/flowers at the house and you'd like to come back, come spring time and move them?
Is that possible???
Posted By: dodge Re: we're really moving - March 9th, 2007 at 01:19 AM
kenny,

Just think , you might meet some new flowers ..
Sure your heart is heavy, but remember those rosarys you made, will be praying for you..

Cheer up ....You still have the computer.

see you soon
Posted By: Thornius Re: we're really moving - March 9th, 2007 at 01:34 AM
I will sacrifice ten captives to Odin in your honor this Vernal Equinox, Kenny.
Posted By: kennyso Re: we're really moving - March 9th, 2007 at 03:26 AM
Thanks everyone, my mom says the plants are going to be dead anyways because there's probably gonna be no one to look after them, but I have to respect her wishes. Yes, everything 'planted in the ground or fixed to the house' should technically go with the house, oh well...I'm going to stop any trading starting the first of April, so anything that's already been sent will have a chance to get here (instead of being sent back and forth to the post office, we have some persistant postal workers here laugh )
Posted By: Anonymous Re: we're really moving - March 10th, 2007 at 02:17 AM
kenny, you know, let us know when you get settled somewhere and we'll fill your garden with love when you get there! kissies i know this is hard for you.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: we're really moving - March 10th, 2007 at 02:33 AM
we'll fill your garden with love when you get there!
Can't get any better than that!
Posted By: MLN Re: we're really moving - March 10th, 2007 at 02:36 PM
kenny,
If it's any help, my hubby and I sold our home of 23 years, lived temporarily in a rent house while we built our new one. I tried to take all my houseplants with me (about 30) but lost all but 2. I moved from a house with lots of sunny windows to one with more shaded windows so I needed all different types of houseplants anyway. Whey you get settled, I will also be happy to share plants with you. Tell us what you would like and I'm sure with this many folks involved, we will be able to provide everything you want. I have LOTS of flowers in my yard too and will share starts/seeds of anything you might want.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: we're really moving - March 10th, 2007 at 06:42 PM
Hey Kenny is the Peony large enough to split. If it has at least 6 eyes on it then you can split it and take half with you. Or send it to one of us and we will save it for you until you get your new place. And ditto on the bulbs and seeds. I have more crocus bulbs than daffodils but I have some of those too. And more everyday. Those things sure like to multiply down here.

Next Question should I keep your Spring Fling Seeds here until you relocate or will packing and moving them be ok? Upset mom's are to be avoided at all costs when there are moves in the ofting.

Let me know what you want me to do and I'll do it.
Posted By: kennyso Re: we're really moving - March 10th, 2007 at 07:02 PM
I be sure to see what I can put inside and outside in the yard laugh laugh laugh Thanks everyone! I still don't know exactly which house we're going to buy, I've seen one that we were supposed to get but the agent's here now talkign with my dad about other houses (the agents don't get weekends of do they? laugh ) I'm pretty sure the peony has lots of eyes (is that why I feel someone always watching me in the garden?) so I might be able to get a few divisions, I want to leave a small part for them as well...so far my list to try to bring along include:
a bit of hosta
a bit of peony
a bit of sedum (I've never had luck with rooting)
maybe some of the monkshood that I sowed last fall if I can reconize them and if they sprout in time...I guess bit isn't the best word to use, is it?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: we're really moving - March 11th, 2007 at 03:57 AM
Monkshood resents being moved..
*Maybe if they're little enough you might..
but they're long tap rooted and dislike change*
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]