A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ms.tmac Great Gardening info. - March 14th, 2007 at 05:11 AM
Has anyone out there ever picked up a copy of Garden Gate Magazine. Great bang for your buck. A very well laid out magazine and there are NO advertisements in this magazine, strictly articles. I Love this magazine. Most magazines are so full of advertisements that it's hardly worth picking them up because the reading material just isn't there. But this one's a beaut. And you can also place the magazines in their own binder to keep together, they all have three ring hole punch. Also I've gone to my local library and come across a gardening book from Rob Proctor and Lauren Springer called Passionate Gardening. Quite the impressive book. Rob Proctor also is a columnist in a gardening magazine as well.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Great Gardening info. - March 14th, 2007 at 02:54 PM
I havent heard of it before but i will be looking for it now....thanks thumbup flw flw
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Great Gardening info. - March 14th, 2007 at 03:38 PM
It's a good magazine....
And they do a nice job on it..

But it's a tad too expensive for me... shk
Posted By: ms.tmac Re: Great Gardening info. - March 14th, 2007 at 09:41 PM
Most gardening magazine's are in around the 8 to 12 dollar mark. It may sound expensive initally however well worth it. And if you subscribe as member you're getting six issue's for around 30$ cnd. Not bad considering no advertisments. They also have a website www.GardenGateMagazine.com
It's a very impressive website. A lot of free downloadables if you're a member. Nice garden plans too. Very, Very informative. Sounds like I'm trying to sell them or something, but I really like them that much. And to, Penny they sell the magazine at your local walmart. Trust me I thought it was expensive intially at first too, but well worth it. Just pick up one copy and you'll see what I mean. Good luck and happy hunting.
Posted By: Hannah L--- Re: Great Gardening info. - March 18th, 2007 at 05:00 PM
I get the magazine also(my grandmother gets it for me) I like all the flower tips, but I can't really use the designing ideas. It's a great magazine, but I wish I could find one that is more for vegetable gardening. I also liked the three ring hole punch.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]