A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: comfrey Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 19th, 2007 at 04:31 PM
What do you think..does it look like a flower bud to you? I think so.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 19th, 2007 at 05:45 PM
100%!

Congrats to you! thumbup

How tall is that particular plant[the one with the bud]? Just wonderin'...
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 19th, 2007 at 06:04 PM
wow comfrey thats great!!!!

my leaves look like their shirveling up! think maybe i waterd to much?
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 19th, 2007 at 06:26 PM
Originally posted by sibyl:
my leaves look like their shirveling up! think maybe i waterd to much?
I doubt that it is too much water..maybe you need to repot it, but if the leaves are shriveling up, it doesn't sound good. The one I have with the yellowed leaves is losing all of its leaves, so don't know if it is going to make it or not...These plants seem to get root bound REAL FAST....I suggest everyone be sure and watch carefully and repot often.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 19th, 2007 at 06:34 PM
Originally posted by badplanter:
How tall is that particular plant[the one with the bud]? Just wonderin'...
It is 7" tall measuring from the soil surface to the top of the plant:(all the same plant)
[Linked Image]

The knife is for measuring purposes
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 19th, 2007 at 08:13 PM
wow comfrey! i cant wait to see the flowers when it blooms!!

i dont think mine need transplanted yet. two of the older leaves are shirveling and the other two newer leaves are fine. so im hopin their make it. im wondering if its cause it got so cold with the temp outside being below 0 it was hard to keep it warm inside. when its time to water again should i feed em?
Posted By: kennyso Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 19th, 2007 at 10:22 PM
WOW!!! only seven inches and it's about to bloom!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 20th, 2007 at 01:50 AM
WOWOWOWOWOWOW Comfrey!!! That IS a bloom bud!!
clp clp clp

I just tranplanted mine again maybe by Easter I'll have a bud! lala laugh laugh
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 20th, 2007 at 01:56 AM
Mine are probably still only one inch tall each. eek

Jim bought me a grow light the other night, so here's hoping that will help...

I did get them transplanted into their own separate pots this week-end. They are still in two inch pots, though, because I was afraid to over-pot them with them being so small...

Dianna
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 20th, 2007 at 03:43 AM
I have not ever fertilized mine...So can not advise whether to or not...I think the bloom is nothing special...very small like a tomato bloom but purple. I will post a picture of it...if it goes ahead and blooms. Now I am thinking I may have eggs by Easter at this rate. I don't know if cold effects the plants that much, where my plants are the only heat is from the florescent lights...I get cold myself in here where they are...PC also in here.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 20th, 2007 at 02:19 PM
my tallest one has 7 leaves[biggest one being the size of a quarter], and is about 3 3/4 inches tall...
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 20th, 2007 at 02:30 PM
Mine are coming along nicely.....still cant post pics, but i will figure it out as to why i cant right now!!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 21st, 2007 at 05:28 PM
My flower is starting to open..but not enough to see the flower yet. The other one that suffered no damage appears to be putting out a bud also. The one that had the yellow leaves have lost all of its leaves except for three small ones, not sure it will recover, so it may be compost?
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 21st, 2007 at 10:19 PM
Wow! I can't believe it, seeing that bud already!! I planted first, on the morning ot the 15th and it seems so slow. My largest is about 4" tall and has seven leaves. Mine isn't much bigger than Marks and he started his way later!!

I hope I get to take pictures soon. Asked my son to bring his camera, hopefully this weekend.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 21st, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Don't worry Shirley!

Mine isn't much bigger than Marks and he started his way later!!
I have mine under a plant light all day...
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 21st, 2007 at 10:50 PM
:p Mark! grinnnn
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 21st, 2007 at 11:21 PM
Just can't believe your plant Comfrey! That's super. I'm just seeing a fourth leaf on some of mine. They are so small still, very small. I'm wondering if I should try transplanting them. They are in two inch pots and have not been transplanted of yet. Should I use regular potting soil and what size pots to transplant? Thanks
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 21st, 2007 at 11:48 PM
Heyyyyy Stephanie!!!! Good to see you post!!!! When I transfered I went from a 2inch to a 4 inch and just transplanted again to a 6 inch and put outside it's been warm and sunny the last three days and they have been outside day and night the low was 44 that kind of concerned me But it got up to 77 today and they look great and thankful they are getting sun!! thumbup

I have just used premium potting container soil ( from my nursery) , for the last transfer.. Not sure what Comfrey uses!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 22nd, 2007 at 04:33 AM
I used cheap potting soil and added some perlite to it. I'm not sure, but I don't think there is going to be a flower that we are going to get to see...I can see inside the bud which is opening and all I see is a very small round thing...a wonder egg forming???? Maybe the flower is so small that it opened inside the green part of the bud and now it is making it fruit/seed pod (egg). I was thinking that even though I have not fertilized mine and they are under lights for 10-12 hours daily, that some of you that have smaller plants might need to fertilize yours or use something like miracle grow soil...also it seems that once the roots start growing they take off fast, so if in doubt go ahead and transplant, to be on the safe side.
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 22nd, 2007 at 08:00 PM
Thanks angelblossom and comfrey. I'll keep yall posted! The babies look so tiny though, I just hate to mess with them. eek in fear they might not do well. I think I need to be cheered on. laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 22nd, 2007 at 08:28 PM
Stephanie...You can do it!!! I know you can. Oh by the way I have your seeds here on my desk, but no stamps to mail them to you..will try to get stamps soon, my truck is broke down & has been all winter, so it is hard to take care of things I need to do.

I would like to see pictures of everyones plants...Please post your pictures!!!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 22nd, 2007 at 09:57 PM
Here is what my best little seedling looks like:

[Linked Image]

I think she likes having her own separate pot. Her stem is getting stronger and bigger and her leaves are growing, too...

Dianna
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 23rd, 2007 at 02:06 AM
Allright Dianna!!!!!! thumbup Looking good girl!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 23rd, 2007 at 03:31 AM
Looks good Dianna!!! thumbup The stem looks pretty sturdy also. thumbup

Ok who else is brave enough to post pictures of their plant/plants? flw flw flw flw
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 23rd, 2007 at 02:42 PM
Looking good Dianna.....mine are coming along nicely too!!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 23rd, 2007 at 03:28 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

not sure if you can see the ruler or not in this one:
[Linked Image]

The stems on mine are getting stronger/thicker now, but you can't see from the pics too well..

The two larger ones are getting leaf number 8, and the two smaller ones are getting leaf number 7...

thumbup

--Mark--
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 23rd, 2007 at 03:36 PM
Looks good Mark.........nice and healthy!!!!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 23rd, 2007 at 05:45 PM
thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 23rd, 2007 at 09:50 PM
Take your time comfrey in sending the seeds. I certainly do understand. Hope your truck gets fixed soon.

Mark and Dixie Angel, your plants look great! clp

I have another question. Do you think I should transplant one plant per pot? I've got four or five in one 2 " original pot and 4 or so in another 2 " original pot. Not sure.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 25th, 2007 at 08:55 PM
Originally posted by floweringchild:
I have another question. Do you think I should transplant one plant per pot? I've got four or five in one 2 " original pot and 4 or so in another 2 " original pot. Not sure.
Yes one plant per pot. My truck will not be fixed until warmer weather, it needs a flywheel then when that is fixed it has to go to the shop for wiring problems eek So maybe by the summer is over It will be in good shape and running again.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 25th, 2007 at 11:43 PM
okay after my transfer to 6" pots I took them outside and they just love it!!! They have been out for almost a week now!! This week is great weather predicted so they will remain out even at night!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 25th, 2007 at 11:45 PM
DIANE!!! You have 6 feet pots??? laugh Duh p

But seriously... your plants look great!

It's time to pot a few of mine up bigger too, but certainly not time to put them outside, as we are getting a snowstorm tonight into tomorrow night!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 25th, 2007 at 11:53 PM
laugh laugh I saw that and edited it Lynne! shk lala laugh laugh
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 26th, 2007 at 12:04 AM
Looking good Diane! thumbup

I have 4 plants in one pot the same size as yours... guess I should replant.. lala laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 26th, 2007 at 12:34 AM
Diane...they look good and healthy! The sunny outdoors should be good for them. I'll post a picture of mine later tonight or Tuesday.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 26th, 2007 at 12:39 AM
Originally posted by badplanter:
Looking good Diane! thumbup

I have 4 plants in one pot the same size as yours... guess I should replant..
4 in one?? Oh the tangled web we weave grinnnn I have two in one of mine I just got tired of transferring I started out with too many seeds nutz We'll just have to see what happens laugh laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 26th, 2007 at 02:57 AM
My first plant isn't going to make it, after being root bound and the leaves turned yellow and all dropped off...It looks really naked, but I am still watering it in hopes it will rejuvenate. The Middle plant is the one pictured and it now has 2 buds on it...I didn't take pictures of the smaller one which is now the same size as the one pictured and it also is getting a bud on it. The larger leaves are bigger then my hand.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 26th, 2007 at 03:05 AM
oh wow Comfrey!!!!~~ The one that became root bound and is giving you trouble What size pot was/is it in?? 6"??? the same as the rest you have??

I can't wait until the leaves get as big as my hand!!! clp clp
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 26th, 2007 at 03:48 AM
The one that has lost all of its leaves it was in a 3" pot and became root bound and I transplanted into a 6" pot, but most of the lower leaves were yellow, that is how I knew that it needed to be repotted, but now it has lost all of its leaves, it has one green leaf that is small and a few very tiny leaves on the stem, if it hangs on then when it warms up here I'll take it outside and see if comes out of this or not...I kind of doubt that it will make it though. But hey I still have two completely healthy plants with buds on them, so I am happy with 2 plants!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 26th, 2007 at 04:12 AM
diane and comfrey your w-eggs look great!

one of mine has bit the dust, the other two dont look so good either, i realy think i over waterd em, or had em to close to the light, i have two more seeds i planted and there coming up, so hopfuly my third times my charm!..hopfuly! ...fingers crossed!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 26th, 2007 at 04:23 AM
You can do it Sybil!!! Crossing fingers here for ya!!!
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 27th, 2007 at 01:00 AM
comfrey, your plant is almost unbelieveable. thumbup
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 27th, 2007 at 03:34 AM
wink im hanging! laugh

i always use a spoon or fork if the plant dont slide out from holding it upside down thumbup laugh i;ll loosen around the edges then hold it upside down. use one hand to hold the base of the flower so it dont fall.
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 27th, 2007 at 05:38 AM
I finally got a picture of my six plants!!!!!

[Linked Image]

The one with Willy is 5+" tall from base of plant to tip of tallest leaf.

The larger plant in the big pot is 7"
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 27th, 2007 at 08:33 PM
Very cool Shirley! thumbup

I moved my plants a litel cloer to the plant light a few days ago, and since then they've been growing lots faster laugh laugh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 28th, 2007 at 12:46 AM
O WOW Shirley!!! Good JOB!!! clp clp clp
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 28th, 2007 at 04:46 AM
Good looking plants Shirley!!! thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 28th, 2007 at 04:51 AM
My third plant to sprout, the smallest one is now starting to drop leaves and some are curling up, what ever is happening doesn't look good for it. The one I posted a picture of the bud is getting bigger and almost ready to open. Here's a closer look at the progress of the flower bud & notice the little thorn things on the stems:

[Linked Image]

Another view:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - February 28th, 2007 at 10:46 PM
Ohhhhhhh Coooool!!!! flw flw
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 1st, 2007 at 02:23 AM
Amazing to see the process! It's so great to see the progress of the growth. Makes me want to even try and grow some of these babies! =]
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 1st, 2007 at 02:28 AM
I have been checking almost even hour all day and the bud keeps opening more..but not fully opened yet, but hopefully I'll be able to get a picture by tomorrow of it opened all the way.

Michael...I have some extra seeds if you interested in trying to grow some of them..just let me know.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 1st, 2007 at 08:10 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!! comfrey!!!!!!!!! thats sooo coool!!!!!!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 1st, 2007 at 07:48 PM
...I...left my plant light on while I was at school... the bottom and middle leaves on all 4 of the plants are drooping...only the leaves on the top are OK... the soil was VERY dried out, that's probably why, as I have never had a problem with the light being on all day when I was home.. the leaves weren't yellow though, just droopy... will they be all right? sca shk eek
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 2nd, 2007 at 04:40 AM
Mark...A good watering should bring them back to where they were.

Ok..here is the flower bud today, I am not sure it will open any more then it is....But If it does open more then I will post another picture...There are 3 more buds forming on this plant.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 2nd, 2007 at 06:07 AM
ooooooo wow!! comfrey!
now im realy hopin my third times my charm! thats such a pretty flower!
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 2nd, 2007 at 04:19 PM
Wow!! I can't believe that!!!! A lovely little flower all ready!!!!!I'm glad to see what I am looking forward to.

Now when the flower falls off, that is where the little egg forms?
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 2nd, 2007 at 04:35 PM
yep,
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 2nd, 2007 at 04:39 PM
wow shirl! i just went back a page, yours are lookin good! i love the middle pot! pretty!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 2nd, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Oh yours are blooming Comfrey....how exciting thumbup flw flw flw flw ...mine are still coming along!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 3rd, 2007 at 05:00 AM
mine are coming along and coming!!! i thought i planted 3 and theirs 6 coming up! woo hoo!
Posted By: chermoni Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 4th, 2007 at 01:59 AM
Life has been a little crazy for me and now I am way behind on the wonder egg start over. As you all remember my first try didn't work out. I haven't tried again because I was either too busy to remember to buy a little pot and some better soil or I just didn't have the money. Finally today I was able to plant again. I also planted some basil seeds in another small pot. Wish me luck on these wonder egg seeds doing well. I wish I was as far along as the rest of you but, well, life happens I guess.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 4th, 2007 at 05:05 PM
chermoni
im glad ya started yours! im behind too cause i had to restart 3 times now!
i hope you have good luch with yours.

thats what makes this topic so much fun, were all growing the same thing and theirs so many diffrent growth stages wink thumbup
Posted By: kennyso Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 5th, 2007 at 12:51 AM
I have to totally restart, I've been plagued with dampning off and everything's dead. I threw out all the soil and containers and am starting a new! Three pots of wonderegg seeds with four seeds in each pot
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 5th, 2007 at 01:34 AM
Awwww I'm sorry your having problems Kenny, Cheryl and Sybil... But glad to hear you and others are NOT giving up!!! thumbup clp clp clp
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 5th, 2007 at 02:31 AM
Glad you didn't give up Cheryl! thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 5th, 2007 at 03:28 AM
My plant that has the bloom has at least three more buds and another bud that is close to blooming also, but my first plant to sprout has bit the dust & the last one to sprout has definite problems but is hanging in there even though it has lost a few leaves..It has a bud forming on it, so I am hopeful it may make it.

I'm glad that no one has given up!!!! It will work for you sooner or later...hopefully this will be the last try and it will be successful for you! Hang in there!!!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 6th, 2007 at 12:23 AM
I have taken mine outside YET again This week will be in the 70 night high 40's so I'm leaving them out all week They HAD been out for two weeks and I sure saw a difference in them, they loved being outside !!
Here they are today ~~ In two weeks I'll take another Picture! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 6th, 2007 at 03:54 AM
Wow angelblossom those look great!!! Did I see twins in one pot?
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 6th, 2007 at 04:51 AM
laugh it dose look like she got twins! laugh

lookin great diane! thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 6th, 2007 at 03:31 PM
Looks great Diane!!!!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 7th, 2007 at 01:05 AM
Originally posted by comfrey:
Wow angelblossom those look great!!! Did I see twins in one pot?
Yes they are conjoined twins!!!! lala laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 7th, 2007 at 05:20 AM
Awww, Confrey The bloom is beautiful! I love it I Love it!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 7th, 2007 at 06:46 PM
Bloom #2 on the same plant...I'm posting it as it is a better looking bloom laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 7th, 2007 at 06:49 PM
Wow........does that ever look good Comfrey thumbup flw flw flw
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 7th, 2007 at 06:56 PM
It was hard getting a picture of it, I only had to take 8 pictures before one came out decent...the flowers all seem to point downwards, so you have to hold the camera underneath the flower and hope you got the shot and its clear. But anyway its a much better looking flower then the first one...This one opened fully and looks like a star.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 7th, 2007 at 06:58 PM
It does...it looks great....i still cant post pics (gotta get my husband to look at the computer) but mine are coming along nicely...not as big as your's but look healthy.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 8th, 2007 at 02:29 AM
Oh YEahhhh!!! Comfrey!!!!!
thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 8th, 2007 at 03:39 AM
Yes I can't wait to see pictures of Penny's!!!!

I love seeing everyone else's pictures, Keep posting everyone.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 8th, 2007 at 04:41 AM
wow great pic comfrey! laugh i do that! take about 5-10 pics till ya get the right one laugh thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 8th, 2007 at 04:44 AM
Yep Me tooo!!!! Wierd how some turn out blurry and you don't move while your still taking the other 15 shots!! and out of the many shots of the same thing only 1 or 2 turn out decent Duh lala laugh laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 8th, 2007 at 03:23 PM
I am going to re-install the software for the pictures and see if that helps.....will try this weekend.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 8th, 2007 at 03:32 PM
laugh yep!

2 of mine have bit the dust! they just ploped over and died Duh the others are doing good, thumbup thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 8th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
So far....all of mine are doing well and there are a few that i dont know what they are anymore Duh shocked laugh laugh ....so I'm hoping you guys can tell me!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 9th, 2007 at 01:43 AM
Originally posted by penny in ontario:
I am going to re-install the software for the pictures and see if that helps.....will try this weekend.
WEll Heck I guess I will too!!! lala laugh laugh

Glad to hear your seeds are coming up good Penny,
Sybil I had lost a few too.. I hope the weather warms up for Ya soon Cuz They like it outside!!
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 9th, 2007 at 02:51 AM
I wish my son was here with his camera!! Mine are getting so BIG, but no flower buds yet.
(I am finally getting flower buds on my Impateins again!!) But even though there are no buds yet...I love my Wonder Eggs!!!! clp
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 9th, 2007 at 03:06 AM
Confrey the bloom is very nice...Will it bloom much more?
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 9th, 2007 at 05:06 PM
Every day I see more buds forming, so to answer your question, it is like any other plant...It blooms and the flowers seem to last only a few days maybe a week at the most, but the flower is not the purpose of these...it is the fruit..the egg, which will contain the seeds when ripe. A plant with real looking eggs on it...and of course since the seeds are so hard to obtain and they are very expensive in my opinion..so if you get one to produce eggs and ripen you have seeds that you can trade with in the end and grow another one or two next year. I think this should be a yearly event for us to all grow these, this is alot of fun following each others progress!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 10th, 2007 at 03:02 AM
Comfrey, I can't wait until mine get that big!
Posted By: chermoni Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 10th, 2007 at 06:13 PM
I have sprouts but the only trouble is I can't tell if it's the basil or the wonder eggs. I can't remember which pot is which. shocked Duh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 11th, 2007 at 01:45 AM
WEllll at least you have sprouts !!! the second set of leaves "true leaves" will tell ya!! thumbup and you can always go back to the beginning of this thread and see our sprouts!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 11th, 2007 at 01:47 AM
The bottom leaves of mine keep falling off... Duh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 11th, 2007 at 02:29 AM
Mine did too when the upper leaves widen out are they turning yellow before they fall off>>?

Could be they need repotting the roots get long really fast how many leaves do you have now and what size pot are they in??
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 11th, 2007 at 01:34 PM
They were just falling limp then dropping off.. Duh

They probably[ definately lala ] do need replanting.. I have 4 of them in a pot 6 inches long by 6 inches deep.. lala

I have another pot the same size, I'll put two in each...
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 11th, 2007 at 08:19 PM
I think because you have soo many in a pot(4) that the roots are now too long and tangled eek eek Comfrey may have a better suggestion than I , can you see the roots at the bottom of the pot??
Posted By: comfrey Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 11th, 2007 at 09:40 PM
Repotting may help...I waited too long and lost my first and biggest plant, because my pot became root bound. If it was me...I would only put one plant per pot and transplant all of them.

I have bloom #3 today clp
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 12th, 2007 at 02:11 AM
Thanks for the info kissies

I did not see roots at the bottom, that is why I didn't repot.. laugh

But now I have a reason to thumbup
Posted By: Michael15r Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 12th, 2007 at 04:46 AM
Bloom three today confrey congrats!! clp clp clp
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:32 PM
You ma remember my wonder eggs as smaller, and in the same pot, but I took everyone's advice and did my best in repotting them:

my smallest [i fixed the tilt]
[Linked Image]

my second smallest:
[Linked Image]

The 2 big ones together:
[Linked Image]

And a group shot:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:38 PM
Cool Mark. My biggest one has 10 leaves, counting the tiny baby one coming out.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:42 PM
Thanks shirl, and congrats to you! thumbup
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Wonder Eggs Seed Process (part 7) - March 12th, 2007 at 08:48 PM
Those are looking great, Sprout!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]