A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: hisgal2 New dinner date... - December 11th, 2006 at 01:15 PM
Ok, we've decided to do dinner in the Philly area one Saturday evening in January. We aren't sure which Saturday will work best for anyone interested. The last Saturday will not work for us...what about anyone else??? Joclyn? Barb H.? Netwiz? Anyone else??? Duh Duh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - December 11th, 2006 at 03:07 PM
pretty much any saturday is okay for me. just tell me where to be and what time grinnnn

who else is going to join us??? kratz7 - you're not too far out of the area! and what about sunflower_info - you're not too far either. and there are a few others who live right in philadelphia...
Posted By: angelblossom Re: New dinner date... - December 13th, 2006 at 09:14 AM
Cooool!!! You two can meet up after all!! clp clp clp
Posted By: Triss Re: New dinner date... - December 21st, 2006 at 07:11 AM
So glad to read this! I am looking forward to the updates and to see who all will meet!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - December 21st, 2006 at 09:35 AM
weather permitting, i might "crash the party" since it will be on a saturday wink i'm known for things like that laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - December 21st, 2006 at 02:17 PM
cool!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: New dinner date... - December 27th, 2006 at 12:29 AM
Murphy is in Pa too...
Cinta is in Pa too!!!
Buglady\'s in Pa too!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - December 27th, 2006 at 04:09 AM
they are all more than welcome to join us!!
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - December 27th, 2006 at 06:55 AM
How is January 21st? It is the only Saturday that will work for me.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: New dinner date... - December 27th, 2006 at 07:31 PM
That sounds like a neat idea.... I can try to make it....What resturant are you thinking of?

I'm between Allentown and Philly, the turnpike is just up the road from from me....northeast extension is just a hop, skip and jump away..... I love driving the turnpike....lol

Thanks for thinking of me too

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Kratz7
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - December 28th, 2006 at 01:05 AM
the 21st will be okay for me - actually any saturday would be fine smile

char, we originally were thinking of something in king of prussia - kind of centralized and easy to get to for everyone...

i REALLY like the idea of getting together at ott's tho (and it's not too difficult to get to, being on a main highway) and then grabbing a bite to eat. i'm not familiar with restaurants near ott's tho - any ideas?
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - January 1st, 2007 at 05:32 AM
We can spend the entire day out if you want to. Originally, Stephen's work was only letting us take the evening, but work is no longer a factor for us, so how bout you all make the plans since you know what is around that area and let me know where and when to meet you? It would just make life a little easier for me.
.....have we ironed it down to the 21st???
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: New dinner date... - January 2nd, 2007 at 01:14 AM
Hi Girls,

I'm not sure if I could go.....but that sounds like a nice idea....King of Prussia has alot of resturants to pick from....

Maybe we could do an Ott's get together in the Spring when the weather warms up a bit.....

Would anyone like a banana?
[Linked Image]

or a cactus? lol

[Linked Image]

How was everyone's New Year? Mine was nice we stayed home.... my 2 BIL came over to visit and play with hubby and their remote controlled trucks....lol boys will be boys..... smile

Charlotte
Posted By: Barb H. Re: New dinner date... - January 8th, 2007 at 08:42 AM
GANG!!!

I'll come!!!! I am really close to KOP and will be most happy to meet with you all!!!!

Where do you all want to meet???? HMMMMM....how about the KOP mall????? Lots of nice places to shop...LOL..I'll meet you at the Burberry store(MY FAVE!)!!!!!! LOL!!!

Anyway...just kidding...A Saturday is perfect for me...so I will be glad to meet with anyone in the area!!!!!!!

What time, what place, etc!!!!!

Barbara Herschel
Havertown, PA
Posted By: Barb H. Re: New dinner date... - January 8th, 2007 at 08:55 AM
Originally posted by hisgal2:
Ok, we've decided to do dinner in the Philly area one Saturday evening in January. We aren't sure which Saturday will work best for anyone interested. The last Saturday will not work for us...what about anyone else??? Joclyn? Barb H.? Netwiz? Anyone else??? Duh Duh
Sweetie! laugh

LOL...I'm there! Let me know the time and place! The King of Prussia Mall is worth seeing......we could all meet there? I am in the area....just let me know if husbands are ok...I'll bring mine if you bring yours!!! He loves to socialize so he's game!!

There are many resturants around.....from a food court to a Ruth Cris....right nearby.....so a good meal is a given, no matter what the budget.

Also...you are always welcome to come to my house for a meeting...I can provide nice wine...Chandon and Moet Champagne and other non alcoholic choices. I can also dial for takeout....LOL...I'm a woman of many talents!! HEHEHE! I am in Havertown, PA...about 15-20 minutes from KOP. I have a small, shabby home...but you are all most welcome...lol...maybe you can give me a gardening consultation!!!! flw

Anyway....I'm in! So....either let me know where we're meeting....or you are invited to my tiny, humble abode, ok??? clp

BARB H
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 8th, 2007 at 11:49 AM
eek i so wish i could make it, but just finalized my schedule for the rest of the month, and travel isn't in it ters

so, have lots of fun for me, and take lots of picd, ok?
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - January 9th, 2007 at 12:49 PM
Well....looked at the calendar....the 21st is a Sunday.....so.....how about the 20th....which is the saturday that I meant to bring up in the first place. :rolleyes: ...my brain just hasn't been working right lately.

...oh.....hubby's are invited.....LOL. Mine doesn't have a choice in the matter. laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 10th, 2007 at 02:16 AM
the 20th is okay with me.

are we just going to meet & eat or do some shopping too? and if shopping, at ott's? i haven't had time to look and see what's types of restaurants are in that area...there are some tho!

if we do go to ott's we should make it a lunch thing and then go roam around the greenhouse...
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - January 10th, 2007 at 07:02 AM
I like that idea.....i LOVE lunch menus in general!!!! Ummm....where is Ott's??? I've never heard of it. confused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 11th, 2007 at 03:36 AM
grinnnn

kratz7 has posted numerous pics on a couple different threads...we'd been going back and forth commenting on how wonderful the greenhouse is...

it's on route 29 in schwenksville...
Posted By: chenno Re: New dinner date... - January 11th, 2007 at 06:26 AM
cannot wait to see the pics:-)

schwenksville.....lol
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - January 12th, 2007 at 05:47 AM
chenno, we have LOTS of weird names for places here...paradise, blue ball, intercourse, bird in hand.....makes ya wonder how people picked these names!

joclyn, i don't always read all of the threads and i saw one about a trip to Ott's, but I didn't read through it or look at it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 12th, 2007 at 07:46 AM
yeah, there are a lot of 'different' names for towns around here...on another forum i go to, we had a game thread going...with the point of it being oddly named cities...was pretty interesting, actually!! the things people come up with to name a town!! nutz

shwenksville is of good german descent...lots of german names in pa

in the area i grew up and now work in, there are a lot of indian names and a fair amount of welsh...

lol, how do you pronounce karakung?

llanarch?

bala cynwyd??

bryn mawr?

jenn, ott's is not too far from you...check out the pics. it's amazing! and they actually DO the place justice too...charlotte is a good photographer!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: New dinner date... - January 12th, 2007 at 07:58 AM
What was the date you all decided on getting
together on?
Is it coming up soooon??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 12th, 2007 at 08:52 AM
i think we're basically set for the 21st.

you going to make a day-trip of it and join us??
Posted By: weezie13 Re: New dinner date... - January 12th, 2007 at 09:17 AM
That would be very nice..
but I am just getting over a norovirus (stomach flu bug of sorts)..
And am still not quite out of the woods so to speak..
*not to mention, I'm super directionally challenged (no internal compass and would need my husband to get me anywhere's that would require reading a map) and we're budget broke...
(darned one income anyways) eek :rolleyes: *

But I soooo enjoy cool and am thrilled kissies
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: New dinner date... - January 12th, 2007 at 09:36 AM
Hi eveeryone,

I have more photos of Otts if you would like me to post them...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

or here's a link to my photobucket page on Otts
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/Otts%20Greenhouses/

Check out all the pics...it's a great place to take photos, go through all the pages you will enjoy.... smile

[Linked Image] thumbup

smile
Posted By: weezie13 Re: New dinner date... - January 12th, 2007 at 09:46 AM
That Jade plant is AWESOMELY COOOOOOOL!!
I love it...
You have got to find out how they did that for me grinnnn !!!
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - January 12th, 2007 at 01:06 PM
Originally posted by joclyn:
i think we're basically set for the 21st.

you going to make a day-trip of it and join us??
The 20th is the saturday....I was wrong when I first requested the 21st.

...and it would be cool if you could come up, loz. It wouldn't be tooooo bad of a drive! We have TONS of highway-ish roads in PA. smile total sidenote here...Pa has more paved roads than NY and all of the New England states combined!!!!
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: New dinner date... - January 12th, 2007 at 06:48 PM
Good morning everyone,

There are a few nice resturants near Otts..you have Mochias in Schwenksville, Collegeville has a few nice resturants too. Skippack is only a few miles down the road with Skippack Village having alot of cool quaint shops....they have alot of neat one of a kind type shops. Skippack also has Basta Pasta resturant. Good food.
You may want to check (or I could) to see what time Otts closes on Saturdays and plan accordingly.....maybe an early dinner then Otts
or Otts first then dinner.

Direct link to all of the Otts photos on the bucket....nice preview.... http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/Otts%20Greenhouses/
I'll stop by this afternoon and see what their hours are for you) I drive past everyday....lol and dream on my way home..... smile

Also you may want to meet in the first parking lot at the Perkiomen Valley High School, as you would have more room to park cars when meeting.

Otts looks beautiful all the time by the 20th they will probably be doing the Valentines day plants....you want to check inside and out as there is alot to see and it's hard to take a photo of the mountain inside....it doesn't look like much right now but when they do their magic it looks marvelous....lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I wanted to buy this pitcher plant....75 dollars, well worth it but I'd be afraid of killing it.....

Have a great day

Charlotte

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 13th, 2007 at 04:21 AM
yeah, that is a typo on my part, jenn!!! i meant the 20th!!

man! that jade IS gorgeous!!! i don't remember seeing it tho...

i think they're open to 8 on saturday. could be only until 6 tho...if you can check it, charlotte, that would be wonderful!

because it may be cold that day, i'd think lunch or an early dinner and then some shopping would make sense...we wouldn't want any purchases to chill too much in the car while we're in the restaurant!!

is mochias an italian place like the basta pasta? and skippack village is a nice idea too...tons of neat little shops and restaurants - it's a really quaint 'village' shopping district!
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - January 13th, 2007 at 05:09 AM
Like I said, I LOVE lunch menus!! laugh Just tell me a time and a place and I'll be there.....with hubby in tow. smile
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: New dinner date... - January 13th, 2007 at 05:49 AM
Hi everyone
I checked on the hours for Otts this morning They're open 9:00 am til 6:00 pm on Saturdays
So does that change things?

[Linked Image]

kratz7
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 13th, 2007 at 06:38 AM
well, i think that will work out just fine.

we can meet for a late lunch and then go roaming around the greenhouse for a couple of hours.

sounds good to me!!
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - January 13th, 2007 at 10:08 AM
Ok, where are we gonna eat then? smile ....do we wanna meet at noon?
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: New dinner date... - January 14th, 2007 at 12:38 AM
Good morning all,

There's a place called Mochia's abot 2 miles up the road from Ott's on 29 toward GreenLane, Collegeville Diner, the Trappe (more like a pub/bar....good food) in Collegeville....there are a few more places to go that I don't remember the names of.....

kratz7
Posted By: Squirrel Re: New dinner date... - January 14th, 2007 at 06:51 AM
Oh, I'm so jealous! I can't make things work out that I would be able to join you guys. Make sure you take lots of pix and we want the details. Have a great time. This is neat. smile Sue
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 14th, 2007 at 09:16 AM
sue, you've GOT to try an make it!!!

k. did some checking on restaurants, thanks, for the ideas, char!

how many of us are there going to be? i'm thinking at least 10 - maybe as many as 15?

we need to do a head-count!!

the trappe tavern great food that it has, might be too small - plus, the way they're set up, we really wouldn't be able to sit at the same table (or even push a couple together).

there's a great american pub in collegeville...they're a small chain and their food is excellent (and nothing over $20); they have a mix of different types. i called and they have plenty of space so that we can sit together - we'd need to set a reservation tho.

moccia\'s train stop their menu looks good! (mostly italian stuff) and prices aren't bad either (same as GAP). it'd be a little tighter there. although they can fit a group in, they don't take reservations - would appreciate a phone call a day ahead for a heads-up tho.

any of the three are within 10 minutes of ott's - so they're all convenient. i think GAP would be the best - they've got a full second floor, so we wouldn't be taxing their space/taking it from their regular clientelle...
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - January 14th, 2007 at 11:58 AM
Ok...headcount time!!!!!

2 of us here....Me and Stephen
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - January 16th, 2007 at 11:43 AM
eek eek We just found out that a friend of ours who has been fighting an aggressive cancer for the last 2 years died yesterday and his memorial service is on Saturday. It is 2 hours away, so there is no way that I'll be able to make it to our get together. eek eek I'm soooooo bummed out.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 16th, 2007 at 05:34 PM
oh, i'm sorry to hear about your friend!! {{jenn}}

we can push the get-together back a week. that would be okay with me.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 17th, 2007 at 03:08 AM
well, darn it! i've got to back out to, for this weekend...

what other date is good for everyone?? the 27th or 28th i could do or the 3rd or 4th of february.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: New dinner date... - January 17th, 2007 at 06:06 AM
Hi everyone,

We could wait until next weekend, or in early February. Or we could plan ahead again and actually go in early Spring when the hill will be planted with beautiful flowers. Right now the hill is dirt,pretty would be up to individual discretion.Inside the greenhouse is always beautiful.
I could visit this place everyday...lol smile

Winter photo

[Linked Image]

Spring or Summer
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would never want to talk anyone out of the trip,I think it would be great to meet everyone.... smile

Has anyone ever been to Longwood Gardens in Kennett(?) Square PA?
This is also an awesome place to visit.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - January 17th, 2007 at 08:53 AM
yes, longwood gardens is lovely...i went there at christmas a couple of years ago - beautiful displays!
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: New dinner date... - January 17th, 2007 at 07:06 PM
So when are all of you interested in getting together? It would still be nice to meet everyone.....
Check your calendars.......and keep us posted..... smile
please

Kratz7
Posted By: sibyl Re: New dinner date... - February 2nd, 2007 at 07:18 AM
just thought i give ya a some info thumbup
buglady is gonna be at the flower show next month in philly clp wish i lived closer, maybe you could all get together for the flower show?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - February 2nd, 2007 at 10:22 PM
thanks! i saw her post, too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New dinner date... - February 4th, 2007 at 02:40 AM
sibyl, please refresh my memory, what part of pa do you live in?
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - February 10th, 2007 at 07:33 PM
she lives in western PA, Jiffy.

I was going to post a thread to see if anyone was going to the flower show. I'm planning on going...but we usually end up going on a weekend day because Stephen's uncle takes us into the city. He knows where to park and everything and then after the show, we go to China Town for dinner.

I was hoping to go to one of the teas at the show...does anyone else go to that?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: New dinner date... - February 10th, 2007 at 07:38 PM
If you do that, go to that Flower Show
Please make sure you guys find Suzanne *The Buglady* I know she'd get a biggggggggg kick
out of seeing and meeting everyone...
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: New dinner date... - February 19th, 2007 at 09:19 PM
Anyone planning on going to the show? We're going to be there the afternoon of the 6th it's a Tuesday.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]