A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: afgreyparrot Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:18 PM
Remember Angie's beautiful Christmas tree that she posted pictures of?
Originally posted by chenno:
My x-mas tree...

[Linked Image] Pic from upstaits loft, hard to take pic,tree's so tall..

[Linked Image] Hard to see it is dusk, I have cattails and grapvine and swamp sticks painted in there...lol
In the next post I'll show you what it looks like now...
...after a dog/cat/tree altercation awhile ago.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:19 PM
...and right now...at Angie's house...

[Linked Image]

shk
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:19 PM
Oh no! sca
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:20 PM
Angie...I wish I was there to help you clean it up. eek
Posted By: badplanter Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:21 PM
kissies
That's terrible... kissies

I hope everyone, and everything, is ok... hopefully, she'll be able to get the tree up and ok soon...
Prayers to you, angie!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:21 PM
Yikes! I think I'd feel like giving up and throwing the tree outside at that point! eek Hang in there Angie! kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:23 PM
I hope everyone, and everything, is ok...
Angie has some stitches in her leg...from some point of this disaster.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:24 PM
NOW you see why I don't put up a Christmas tree?
They are dangerous! sca
Posted By: Triss Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:25 PM
Oh Angie, what an awful mess. I am so sad thinking of how sad you are sitting there having to deal with all of that. Wish I could help with the clean up as well. kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:27 PM
Stitches??? Was she under the tree when it fell? Oh dear. ters
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:27 PM
ters
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:27 PM
I am sooo sorry Angie!! Where are the guys tonight?

I hope most everything can be saved for you.. kissies

How Terrible! ters
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:28 PM
Oh man, stitches? frown I hate hearing that, and seeing that mess.... eek
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:29 PM
Angie, I am sooo sorry to see this! I guess the dog/cat didn't appreciate the hard work you did in putting up the tree...

How in the world did you end up with stitches? I hope you are doing better when you read this and are able to make the best of the sad situation...

Hugs and prayers for you...

kissies

Dianna
Posted By: chenno Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:30 PM
Cindy...Thanks for the talk, on the phone;-)
It is still like that, tried several times to pick up...;-(TO HEAVY...wait till guys are home

Just so sad that so many ornaments broke...I would not care , if they were store bought,but several are broke nick made;-(
Also feel bad my poor animals are looking at me like sorry mom...I know they did not mean it;-)

Thanks, My Pal;-) for the ear and the thoughts!
But it is just a tree,and I have so much more to be happy for.....but at this moment....I am Ticked;-)
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:33 PM
my poor animals are looking at me like sorry mom...I know they did not mean it;-)
I know...just dog and cat doing dog/cat things...
Posted By: Triss Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:34 PM
I would be as well Angie. When are the guys home and how did you get hurt enough to need stitches?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 12:46 PM
When are the guys home
They are gonna have a surprise when they DO get home! sca
Posted By: chenno Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 02:34 PM
Bud is home...Tree is up and anchored...not decorated yet...maybe in am I will feel like
it:-)
Thanks my garden pals;-) It will be all good,only a tree...Sure it is a loss w/ornaments...but if that is the worst for me this year, I am lucky!

Thanks all, and cindy;-) I wish I could blame you! but you are a good pal;-)oh and stitches...it is all good...lol<- lala
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 03:05 PM
Angie, maybe this site or this one will help you with the cat. I haven't spotted one for the dog yet...

Orange peels sounded interesting and very do-able to me...

Dianna
Posted By: chenno Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 03:10 PM
Thanks:-) will check it out dianna,still up...so I will check it out;) Thanks
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 05:25 PM
Angie.....As always, you have a way of handling life's hurdles with such grace.

If I could only learn just a fraction of that......

idea idea Hmmmmmmm.......do you give lessons?
Posted By: Tonya Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 09:12 PM
Oh, Angie!! I am so sorry to see the tree down, but glad that all is mostly OK- kissies Like Mater said- you handle things with much grace and that is such a pleasure to see.... **hugs**
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 09:26 PM
Good that you have it anchored now.
You OK??
I'm sending a cyber broom, dustpan, bandaid, and glue for broken ornaments.
Posted By: dodge Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 16th, 2006 at 09:50 PM
Angie,

SO sorry of the tree and the leg too..Real trees are hard to setup, and deco.. that is why I gave up after all these years of trying.
I bought a fake ready decorated one and had it 3 years now.
Chenno..do you have yours tied in back ? We always did that .

Think good thoughts Angie,, like your seedy friends here will make spring brighter.
Lotza Love,
Dodge wavey
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 17th, 2006 at 12:57 AM
Angie, so sorry about the tree & the stitches! kissies But at least you are ok, and the tree back to its corner. I love how animals say they are sorry when they booboo, it is SO cute!
Posted By: chenno Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 17th, 2006 at 02:38 AM
Thanks again...it is up and all is well! The only thing that is wrong is I had a few to many feel sorry for myself cocktails :rolleyes: so I feel like my tree looked last night..A mess;-)

Thanks all of you! Man, it is so nice to have you all to talk and vent with..I have learned so much here about my garden and friendships have bloomed..
Thanks kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 17th, 2006 at 03:03 AM
I have learned so much here about my garden and friendships have bloomed..
Ain't this place the BEST? thumbup
Glad I'm one of your friends, Angie! grinnnn

I had a few to many feel sorry for myself cocktails so I feel like my tree looked last night..A mess;-)
Well, because I am your friend, I felt so bad for you last night I had a few my own bad self.
muggs
Posted By: Ms Sarah Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 17th, 2006 at 04:31 AM
Wow! I'm sorry they did that! My cat's knocked mine down one year but I just put it back up, I guess I just lucked up that time! I hope they stay away from the tree now!!!!
Posted By: chenno Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 18th, 2006 at 01:05 AM
"Ain't this place the BEST?
Glad I'm one of your friends, Angie! "

Yes it is Cindy:-) and I am very glad you are too!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 18th, 2006 at 02:36 AM
Angie - I'm sorry that I'm responding so late to this thread - been running around like a chicken without a head, and popping in here for only a few minutes at a time.

Anywho... I'm SO VERY GLAD that you are OK! Duh kissies
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 18th, 2006 at 10:07 PM
Oh no Angie.....so sorry to hear this kissies kissies
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 18th, 2006 at 10:32 PM
Angie, that is so sad!! ters I remember when my first-born crawled under the tree and then stood up; the same mess happened!! Hope everything is taken care of by now!!!
Posted By: chenno Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 18th, 2006 at 10:39 PM
Lynee,Penny and Shirley..Thanks:-) It is all good now:-) a breif moment of insanity.like we all have:-)But It is fine and material things are easily replaced:-)Thanks again for the kindness:-)
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 18th, 2006 at 10:40 PM
Glad to hear that Angie.....this time of the year is enough to make the sanest person INSANE isnt it kissies thumbup
Posted By: chenno Re: Angie is speechless:-( - December 18th, 2006 at 10:46 PM
Yes indeed Penny:-) laugh laugh
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]