A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: penny in ontario Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 01:30 AM
wavey
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 01:32 AM
Great minds think alike. And post at the same time! muggs
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 01:34 AM
laugh kissies muggs muggs
Geee...didnt we do this yesturday too!!!!!

I just cant believe that it has hit 12.
I hope my person gets hers today!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 01:39 AM
Waiting again for the maildeliveryperson! Comeoncomeoncomeon!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 01:40 AM
go change your exchange to a new CH.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 01:54 AM
. [Linked Image]
this is when the box arrived! Go to last page of previous exchange to see my presents!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 01:55 AM
Nice to see you got your gifts posted, Penny!

Guess I need to go revise that list and copy it here so I can figure out who's left.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 01:57 AM
You know who my person is and she hasnt gotten her's or not that i see yet. Unless it came yesturday too?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:01 AM
Here is what has been recieved
(From -> To)

Wrennie -> Loz
Diane -> Wrennie
Rita -> Angie
Sheri -> Rita
Angie -> Lisa
Loz -> Triss
Cindy -> Christina
Jenn -> G-Mom
Fernie -> Dusty
Dusty -> Jiffymouse
G-Mom -> Angelblossom
Jiffy -> Jenn
Lisa -> Cindy
Triss -> Penny

Have sent...
Penny ->
Cookinmom ->
Christina ->
Jayhawk ->

Haven't received yet...
Sheri
Cookinmom
Fernie
Jayhawk

Is this right? Duh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:03 AM
Looks good to me...Triss has been keeping track too...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:26 AM
What's in the box Penny???? wavey
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:28 AM
Sorry, I just looked at the pics in the last topic.

Very nice Penny! I bet you were so excited!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:30 AM
I was so happy to get it, i loves everything that she sent!!!
I have already found homes for most of it!
Posted By: Fernie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:38 AM
Jayhawks present is sitting at the post office but she hasn't gotten it home yet. Hopefully today??? When Triss said her box was on delivery and then Penny said she got something.....voila....I figured it out!
Sheri, cookinmom and me are the only ones left.
I've already started collecting things up for the next one.... clp
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:46 AM
Hi Fernie.....November will come quickly wont it, i think the next one will be bigger then this one too.
Triss was my exchange pal, and my person hasnt gotten theirs yet and its been 9 days now mad Duh
Posted By: chenno Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 03:41 AM
Penny..Nice gifts you got!! clp clp
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 03:57 AM
I did get some good ones...Triss has great taste!! kissies thumbup flw flw
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 05:47 AM
Awwww, I am so glad you liked everything. Mollie Beaver was not intentional, she is the lady who runs the Box Store where I shipped my package from. Usually my name is on all the outgoing packages so I dunno why hers was on this time. Bet it made for a few minutes of wondering though.

On another note, Loz, my MIL LOVED the sign and is looking forward to putting it right by their front door. She said you are very sweet to let her have the gift and says I have good friends. I told her that she was not telling me something I did not already know. kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 05:57 AM
I'm glad she liked it Triss! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 05:59 AM
She did and she was so impressed with all you sent.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 06:02 AM
You have good taste Triss kissies thumbup thumbup flw
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 06:04 AM
Thanks Penny. shocked I am just happy you liked it all!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 06:06 AM
kissies thumbup luv Absolutely!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 06:08 AM
I really wanted to send an AV for the self watering pot but when Lisa's package took so long to get to you, I was so worried I would kill a plant in transit.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 06:11 AM
Thats ok, it did forever for Lisa's package to get here, but now i can pick my plant, i just need one thats pretty hardy cause i tend to kill the little buggers lala laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 06:20 AM
Well I am hoping that with the self watering pot, you can grow houseplants with ease! If you can do them outside, you CAN do them inside!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 06:24 AM
Thats what you think...
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 06:26 AM
laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 06:43 AM
Its true!!

I wonder if anyone else will post that they have recieved theirs.
Posted By: Fernie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 08:05 AM
not so far...... lala
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 10:07 AM
Penny I love your willy!!! Those self water pots sure come in handy!! I actually use some of mine outside with the weather being so hot!

Nice choices Triss!!

Come on Jayhawk Post your PIc surely you have gotten it by now clp clp !

I've already started shopping for the next one!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 10:08 AM
I can't wait to see more pictures..... thumbup
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 10:22 AM
Hi,
Got my box today. Yea!!!! I have my 18 month old grandson today so I can't talk now. I'll post more info later.
clp clp clp
Posted By: chenno Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 10:29 AM
Cannot wait!!!good 4 you..fun!
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 11:15 AM
Not to sound dumb, but what is everyone talking about here? Duh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 11:28 AM
Deborah We are celebrating 10,000 Members Plus on the GH now and we had a gift exchange by signing up for it there will be another one in the fall Hope to see you on the list,, this has been very exciting and a lot of Fun!! Any one and every one can sign up Just look for it coming up in the fall and post a sign up for it!! It's is truely exciting exchanging with members here!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 01:30 PM
Guess what. I got my box today too. But guess what again. I can't get my pictures to upload.
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:17 PM
Hope both of you can get pics up soon!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:30 PM
I love everything but this is the best. I think it's homemade - from Penny.

[Linked Image]

This is the front of the beautiful card that was enclosed.
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:33 PM
Well, my package was delivered while I was out sending the boxes to someone else.
My grandson has gone home and I can finally tell what I got.
thumbup thumbup

First:
A garden gnome with a pot of spilling water. Isn't he cute?

Second:
*A lovely wooden flower (the kind that doesn't die!)
*3 packs of seed Iceland Poppy, Sunflower, and Aster (someone must have told her I have hardly any flowers in my yard)
*Canadian playing cards to add to my collection of "different" playing cards
*2 citronella candles

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:34 PM
[Linked Image]

French Vanilla Cappuccino and a six piece cappuccino set. So pretty. And one thing I like so much is where here information of packages is in English and spanish, this stuff has it in English and French. I learned to talk in France and spoke baby talk in French.
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:39 PM
Such wonderful gifts!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:39 PM
[Linked Image]

Stationery set, you must know that I like to send cute cards, a garden scarecrow, wonderful gardening gloves,

[Linked Image]

a cool shoe candle holder and can you see the LADYBUG hanging candle holder laugh I'll hang it on the my screened porch and it can greet the ladybugs before they get into my house next season.
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:41 PM
I forgot to say that the boxes I sent today will be delivered Friday. I hope that doesn't make my person the last to get hers! shocked ters
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:42 PM
Oh yeah, 2 waterers. You know me so well not to have ever met. Merci beaucoup, mon ami.

Sheri
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:46 PM
I think everyone choose very well for their secret pals! This is just so much fun!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 19th, 2006 at 03:04 PM
Jayhawk! I like the willy!!! I didn't know you collected playing cards!! I've got some I can add to your collection lala nice Gifts Sis..

Sheri.., I love the shoe candle

laugh laugh ! My morning drink is French vanilla cappacucinno every morning!Yum- mmy!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 12:05 AM
I am so happy to hear that you liked your gifts Sheri, but i have to confess, i "didnt" make the card, but it is pretty.
Again i am glad that it arrived and you like them, and the best part is that you have a spot for it all, by the sounds of it!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 01:27 AM
Ok Cooking mom and Fernie are the last two. Hope the packages get there soon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 03:04 AM
Wow, it's so great to see everyones gifts.....you guys all picked good things for your secret exchange pal! thumbup
Posted By: Fernie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 05:39 AM
HOpe I get mine today....because I am leaving for Montana in the morning......
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 05:42 AM
I hope you get it as well Fernie! How long will you be gone?
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 05:44 AM
I hope so too Fernie!!
But in the meantime...do you need someone to watch over your house? I know just the person. thumbup laugh
Posted By: Fernie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 05:49 AM
I'll be back late Sunday Triss. It is just a quick trip to get to see my husband. I'll go back over in August around our anniversary.

Christina I need a dog sitter!!! lala
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 05:51 AM
Is he gone the entire summer then?
Posted By: Fernie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 05:55 AM
He'll probably be gone until the end of October. Snows start up then so major projects get shut down for the winter. There are usally small jobs taking a few days going on all the time. In the winter he mostly hauls equipment and is home most nights.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 05:56 AM
Have a safe trip Fernie thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 05:58 AM
I cannot imagine. A hard summer for you for sure. Drive VERY safely!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 06:50 AM
Hope you have a nice time Fernie....and a safe drive! kissies
Posted By: chenno Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 07:53 AM
clp clp I enjoyed seeing both your goodies! this really is a neat thing to do..
Posted By: Fernie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 09:01 AM
Whooohoooo!!!!!

I got the package......

[Linked Image]

Cookinmom sent me some really pretty windchimes....kind of hard to see but this is the best picture of them hanging on my bedroom porch....

[Linked Image]

thanks bunches Valerie!!!!
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 09:51 AM
Angelblossom, thanks for explaining.
I'd love to sign up this fall, and you asking me in made me feel very welcome !
wavey
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 10:03 AM
Oh, cool! Windchimes! grinnnn
I love windchimes...I have a tree full of them in my middle garden.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 10:44 AM
Oooo, I love windchimes too!!!! I really love bamboo ones especially.

Cool Fernie, glad you got them! muggs
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 12:43 PM
Awesome Fernie! Looks good. Glad you go them before you left for Montana!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 12:49 PM
grinnnn }
Posted By: Fernie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 03:53 PM
These chimes are lovely sounding and are copper, not bamboo. Winddchimes are one of my favorite musical instuments, played by Mother nature herself. I have some others hanging in a tree outback too.

So Valerie (cookinmom) is the last to get her package.

p.s. the Montana trip has been canceled ters ters
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 20th, 2006 at 04:31 PM
Oh no Fernie, what happened?
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 21st, 2006 at 01:14 AM
why no trip? ters
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 21st, 2006 at 02:07 AM
Nice gifts Fernie thumbup
Posted By: Fernie Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 21st, 2006 at 02:52 AM
Some of my husband's timesheets are missing so only a partial paycheck this week. So no extras like a trip to Montana in the budget. Maybe next week....
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 21st, 2006 at 03:15 AM
Very nice Fernie...i love the sound of bamboo wind chimes...so peaceful!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 21st, 2006 at 07:11 AM
I hope next week is a better time to go for you Fernie!
Posted By: chenno Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 21st, 2006 at 10:26 AM
thumbup Awesome gifts Fernie
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 22nd, 2006 at 04:54 AM
Still waiting to hear from Cookinmom. Looking forward to seeing what you get!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 22nd, 2006 at 04:55 AM
Hopefully today is the day, if she hasnt gotten them yet!
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 22nd, 2006 at 07:58 AM
I was wondering if I could possibly get in on this next time??? I have been reading through all of the threads and you guys have had such a blast with this!
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 22nd, 2006 at 09:36 AM
PQ anyone can do it .. Just look and wait for the next drawing..In November... All Forum Members are WELCOME!! wink wavey
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 22nd, 2006 at 01:32 PM
Will someone in the know post the listing of who sent where.
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 22nd, 2006 at 01:41 PM
Wrennie -> Loz
Diane -> Wrennie
Rita -> Angie
Sheri -> Rita
Angie -> Lisa
Loz -> Triss
Cindy -> Christina
Jenn -> G-Mom
Fernie -> Dusty
Dusty -> Jiffymouse
G-Mom -> Angelblossom
Jiffy -> Jenn
Lisa -> Cindy
Triss -> Penny
Penny -> Sheri
Cookinmom -> Fernie
Christina -> Jayhawk

Jayhawk -> Cookingmom (we are just waiting to hear that she got hers)
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 22nd, 2006 at 01:58 PM
Cookinmom got her's yesterday. I hate to spoil her thunder but I know she has them bacause UPS said they were delivered on July 20.
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 22nd, 2006 at 02:04 PM
Oh good, I am glad she got hers. Hope she posts and lets us know.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 22nd, 2006 at 02:31 PM
maybe she's not home or hasn't picked it up. I think UPS considers it delivered if they leave a note.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 23rd, 2006 at 05:07 AM
I'm so glad Rita wanted those sock feeders because I got myself one too. I've got a goldfinch feeder that hangs on a hook that hangs in full sun and I only see 1 or 2 birds a year. We hung this sock feeder on the other side of the house, from a tree, in the shade, and the gold finches are flocking to it. Wonder where they've been hanging out? Has anybody else noticed that these birds like shade?
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 23rd, 2006 at 05:12 AM
I have had a lot of birds at the feeder.. Just NO gold finches.. Had a Oreole ,Chickadee, and some other one that looked like a wren Duh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 23rd, 2006 at 05:20 AM
Thankyou all for making the Gift exchange and 10,000 member party a huge success. Each and everyone of you are very very special and it's a priviledge to call you friends.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 23rd, 2006 at 09:45 AM
oohhhh Cookingmom We want to see pictures!! PlZZZZ!! clp clp
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 02:06 AM
uh, cooking mom? we NEED YOUR input here! did you get it? what was in it? inquiring minds NEED to know! laugh laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 07:28 AM
Sheri, YES! I have dozens of Goldfinch at my feeders but only when they are on the shade side of the house. Not a one when I put them on the sunny side of the house.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 11:40 AM
I'm moving my other feeder. They are hanging out in the shade and I don't blame them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 01:37 PM
I wonder what happened to cooking mom????? Duh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 01:39 PM
Duh Duh Duh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 01:41 PM
Your sister had her right Diane? I wonder what she sent her so we can all at least know....or did she tell us and I missed it somewhere.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 01:45 PM
Jayhawk posted she got Cookinmom got hers on the 20th,, Cookinmom has posted since but hasn't come to banter hall Maybe she isn't aware we have a show and tell for gift exchange here, I sure would like to see what she got I know of a one thing for sure but the rest I can't remember, I want to see it too They were pretty cool gifts --for sure! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 01:50 PM
Has anyone sent her a PM asking her to come here and post?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 01:59 PM
I haven't because I figured all of the members involved were watching this topic like a hawk..... Duh
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 24th, 2006 at 02:28 PM
I sent cookinmom a pm telling her that everyone wants to see what she got. That was yesterday and she has not read it yet.

I would rather wait a few more days to see if she will post pictures. If she doesn't, I'll tell but I have no pictures.
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 25th, 2006 at 01:55 PM
Ok, cookinmom has read the pm's I sent her. Duh wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garden Exchange 12...will this be the last? - July 25th, 2006 at 01:56 PM
check it out!

She did post thumbup , but no pics yet.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]