A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Merme Easy Votive Holder Decoration - November 11th, 2006 at 12:19 PM
Today I bought a nice Votive candle holder that would be so simple to make, I plan on making bunches of them for my friends!

It is simply an ordinary plain glass votive holder. Someone glued thin strands of gold metalic cord around the top edge, wrapping it about 5 times, so it each strand is snug against the previous one.

Then, using very small, sparkly sequins, they filled in an area about the same thickness as the wrapped gold cords.

Then did more cord wrapping. More sequins.

So the stripe pattern is four bands of cords with three sections of sequins in-between.

It looks pretty enough unlit, but when lit, it is really attractive!!

And so simple to do!

Merme
Posted By: Triss Re: Easy Votive Holder Decoration - November 11th, 2006 at 02:56 PM
Oh that does sound pretty Merme.
Posted By: chenno Re: Easy Votive Holder Decoration - November 13th, 2006 at 11:43 PM
Nice little gift idea:-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Easy Votive Holder Decoration - November 14th, 2006 at 12:17 AM
Sounds great Merme! I did votive holders as my giveaway for my wedding....I used green and lilac candles(my colors), and decorated the outside with our names and our wedding date...turned out cute.

Hope you can get a picture when you have them done! thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Easy Votive Holder Decoration - November 14th, 2006 at 12:24 AM
It does sound lovely Merme and easy to do too thumbup thumbup thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]