A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: 4Ruddy Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 10:56 AM
I was contacted by our Jimmy's grandson this afternoon...Jimmy is having some cardiac problems that are VERY serious.
I got to speak to him briefly...he is at home but is very weak and short of breath so we couldn't visit very long. (and he wants to go to work tonight... frown ...I see some Petunia kicking in his very near future!) If he does go to work, his grandson will go with him..although I tried to CLEARLY discourage it altogether. His heart has a lot of scar tissue with few options of correcting it at this point.
So...I am asking our GH family to PLEASE pray for our Jimmy...for strength & breath right now. Of course I WILL be keeping a very close eye on him and will be checking on him frequantly..and will certainly keep you all updated...

Thanks guys..I know he is special around here, and you all know he is VERY special to me...a bit cantankerous...but special! luv

~V~
Posted By: barleychown Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:02 AM
Jimmy, we love you and are thinking of you and for pete's sake take a day off!!! kissies
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:16 AM
Jimmmmmmmmmmy.....
Understand the need to go down kickin'...
But understand you're a very needed family
member here too....
What would happen to us???

Hopefully, you can find a happy medium
you can live with, LITERALLY, *and we can too kissies *....

Go give him a Petunia Kickin' for me too,
will ya Vanessa.... kissies cool
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:18 AM
Jimmy - please do yourself, and all of us here a HUGE favor and think of yourself today? We need you here - afterall... who is going to help Bill and Pepper defend us from those forum crashers?!?

but seriously... take good care of yourself and SLOW DOWN if that's what you need to do, OK?

thanks! Lynne
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:19 AM
Jimmy, Please take care of yourself. We love you around here.
~Tina
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:20 AM
I wish Jimmy wouldn't work so much.
I just love him so much, and worry about him working so many hours...and not getting rest during the day when he's off work.

Praying for you, Jimmy.
Posted By: Triss Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:57 AM
Jimmy, I am praying for you. Please stay home and rest. This is not something to mess with and we all love you so much. Thanks for the update Vanessa.
Posted By: Patty S Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 03:53 PM
Jimmy, feel better soon, PLEASE!

We all miss you SOOO MUCH!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image] God bless you & keep you safely in His care. kissies
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 07:35 PM
I hope you're feeling better soon, Jimmy. Take it easy , will ya?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 08:43 PM
[Linked Image]

Prayers going out for you,Jimmy kissies We love ya!
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 08:52 PM
Jimmy, Please stay off work. Your health is more important.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 10:29 PM
I admire the dedication behind the desire to get to work at all costs, but maybe occassionally that perseverance isn't in anyone's best interest. Not yours, Jimmy, when your health is at risk and not even your employer's when you are not up to par. Imagine the commotion when the ambulance has to come to work... it might make you bored but it won't kill you to rest periodically.
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:12 PM
Any word on jimmy today? I'm still praying here.
~Tina
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:24 PM
I didn't see this yesterday so I'm wondering if there is any word on Jimmy too....praying for him and hoping that he decided not to go to work. kissies angell angell
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:31 PM
Yep...here's the word...
Checked on him first thing this morning...he does NOT sound better...and he DID work last night. frown He is having a hard time because he needs to lay down and rest, but when he does RLS sets in and he has to get up. I cannot stay on the phone long with him because he cannot talk long because he is short of breath and gives out easily.
I will continue to check on him through~out the day and keep you posted.
I wll be MORE than happy to do some EXTRA petunia kicking for all of you... laugh I am very concorned about my buddy...and I cannot tell you how much I (and Jimmy) appreciate your prayers and good thoughts....
Thanks again!!!! He does know that we all love him and sre very concerned!

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:34 PM
Thanks for the update V.... kissies

Shouldn't he be in the hospital, or isn't there anything that the doctors can do to make him feel better?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:42 PM
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
...he does NOT sound better...and he DID work last night. frown
I hate to hear both of those statements. ters
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:46 PM
Vanessa - thanks so much for being there for Jimmy, and for keeping us updated. He is dearly missed here, and we need him to get better and back soon!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Urgent Request... - January 25th, 2006 at 11:56 PM
Shouldn't he be in the hospital, or isn't there anything that the doctors can do to make him feel better?
Well, they are saying there isn't much they can do...but he wouldn't go to the hospital anyway..(it's a MAN thing :rolleyes: ) He's afraid he will miss work...(did I mention it's a MAN thing?)

I'm trying to keep an eye on him.....I told him I would just go get him if I had to, he said "but what would you do with all my animals?" I told him I would just love them, feed them and clean up a lot of poop...what else is there to do? laugh
I think with a little rest and TLC he will be good as new in a bit!!!

~V~
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 12:58 AM
Vanessa,
Thanks for keeping an eye and ear on Jimmy- would surely love to go kick some petunia- please send my love and prayers for him too- for goodness sake Jimmy take a day off- rest and get better we need you here.
Nana
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 01:35 AM
prayers from here too... that jimmy, what are we going to do with him? besides love him of course.
Posted By: JV Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 05:32 AM
Thanks everyone for your prayers. After talking to Vanessa this morning I sat in my recliner got up @ 12:00 went to bed slept until 2:00. Stumbled outside as it is real nice and hot out about 75 or 80. They wont put me in the hospital because nothing they can (will)do for me. I don't have much use for Doctors or Hospital's any more because of their attitude of not careing. Anyway Doctor told me to go home takes asperine I told him I can't as I am allergic he said to take them anyway. I did tell him what little I thought of him (not in a nice way). I am ok still have rx of Macrocaps I take when I have to. Thank you all again for your prayers. I don't lay around in bed because people die there. When God does decided to take me He will have to track me down I wont be laying around waiting although I can't wait until I am called.
Jimmy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 05:55 AM
mad What kind of doctor tells someone to take something that they are allergic to? frown

Jimmy I'm very relieved to hear from you, you keep on resting. You don't have to be in bed, just rest in your chair or on the couch. kissies
Posted By: JV Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 06:24 AM
Loz like I said a non careing Doctor that is why I wont go to a Doctor until I have no choice or someone finds me face down inspecting sidewalk cracks or the ground. laugh Can't lay on the couch got rid of it for cages and flowers thumbup grinnnn couldn't lay on it anyway because I can't get off them too busted up you know. Thankl yo so much for your prayers and concern.
Jimmy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 08:51 AM
Could you switch to another Doctor? There are some really great, caring ones out there...it can just be hard to find them.

I know you probably aren't gonna let yourself rest too much, just don't be over-exerting yourself okay?

And I'm still praying... kissies
Posted By: Francine Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 09:23 AM
jimmy'

STAND STILL AND LET YOURSELF BE PAMPERED,get well soon,stay home otherwise WE LL TAKE YOUR FLOWERS HOSTAGE...TILL YOU GET BETTER!!!!

will pray for my favorite texan.

vanessa,thanks for the info.
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 09:47 AM
jimmy! hi! hope you are feeling better soon! sorry to hear that you are sick right now. take it easy and take a day or a couple of days off! no job is more important than your health! and hey you have a really good excuse to prop up your feet and talk to us for a bit :-)
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 11:15 AM
Anybody wanting to bust his petunia is gonna have to line up behind ME thumbup
~V~
Posted By: duckie Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 11:32 AM
Oh shoot, Jimmy.I'm sorry you've been so sick.I had to go help out my Mom this past week.I had no idea.

You are always in my daily prayers,but today,you get extras!

Please, take good care.Lots of folks and critters need you.

luv Shari
Posted By: JV Re: Urgent Request... - January 26th, 2006 at 07:36 PM
wavey Hey Shari seems like we are never on at same time. How is my Tamale eating buddy? laugh
Jimmy
Posted By: Kareena Re: Urgent Request... - January 27th, 2006 at 07:50 AM
Jimmy- I hope you are feeling better soon.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Urgent Request... - January 27th, 2006 at 09:52 AM
I'm trying to play catch up here...So sorry to hear you are sick Jimmy!!! My prayers are with you, please take care of yourself, your family here need you, as do your critters there.
Posted By: JV Re: Urgent Request... - January 27th, 2006 at 10:00 AM
Kareena,Comfrey thanks so much I am getting stronger by the day energy coming back slept most of today so should make Vanessa,Triss,Cindy and everyone else here happy . Hunter my miniture Yorkie is trying to typ why not he tries to talk too. In my lap where he stays or he will sit around crying and sayin I baby I baby if I don't hold him. Yeah I guess I am nutz
Jimmy
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]