A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Thornius How To Crochet - August 21st, 2006 at 02:27 AM
Here are a couple of links to teach you how to crochet if you don't know how, or to use as a reference for the less common stitches if you do know how.

Crochet and Knitting Terms

How to Crochet
Posted By: Pekemom Re: How To Crochet - August 21st, 2006 at 03:23 AM
That's great, Thorny. I have "Learning How to Crochet" on my Things To Do list!
Posted By: Tonya Re: How To Crochet - August 26th, 2006 at 04:24 PM
My mom tried to teach me and my patience wasn't there as a child...I am going to see how it is now! thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: How To Crochet - August 30th, 2006 at 04:02 AM
heres some more:
crochetville
learn to crochet
crochet guild
Posted By: kennyso Re: How To Crochet - August 30th, 2006 at 07:56 AM
Thorn, thanks for the site, helped refresh my memory. Stopped crocheting for a few years and picking it up again wasn't as easy as I'd thought it would be

crochetville is good...they help you pretty quickly (they helped me solve my rosary pattern)
Posted By: Wrennie Re: How To Crochet - September 1st, 2006 at 05:26 AM
clp Glad your mystery stitch is solved!
Posted By: Ms Sarah Re: How To Crochet - November 6th, 2006 at 08:06 AM
Thanks for the links, I got a couple of books last christmas from my mom and can't seem to get the concept down! i guess I just need to practice more!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: How To Crochet - November 10th, 2006 at 06:56 AM
I'm so glad this came back up top - I've been wanting to re-learn crocheting, without having to pay the $15 that Michael's gets for the class, not including yarn!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: How To Crochet - November 11th, 2006 at 05:54 AM
ok - I just spent the past hour trying to figure this out - finally got the chain stitch down, got 1 single stitch row down, and can't get the hook into the row! This is supposed to be fun??? Duh :p eek
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: How To Crochet - November 11th, 2006 at 06:11 AM
Great Video site for Crochet

This might help you out!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: How To Crochet - November 11th, 2006 at 06:24 AM
Thanks Rita! Duh nutz
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: How To Crochet - November 11th, 2006 at 06:51 AM
I use the double stitch.. Love the video visual it gives you!! Double stitch..
Posted By: Merme Re: How To Crochet - November 11th, 2006 at 09:08 AM
Don't forget there is also a Crochet 101 thread here in Hobbies.

Merme
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: How To Crochet - November 11th, 2006 at 09:41 AM
Thanks for the reminder, Merme - I can't seem to find it?
Didn't come up in a forums search either?
Posted By: Triss Re: How To Crochet - November 11th, 2006 at 11:24 AM
Lynne, sorry you are having such a hard time getting it to work right. Once you find the tension you can work with, it will go a lot faster for you.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: How To Crochet - November 17th, 2006 at 10:16 PM
Well then... I definitely have the hang of the single stitch now - Hooray!!! Duh perpl

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sibyl Re: How To Crochet - November 18th, 2006 at 01:23 AM
i havent done this in a long time! i put some of thoses sites in my favorites! now i gotta get some yarn!!!and re-learn!
lynne
i love that color too looks like teal.?
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: How To Crochet - November 18th, 2006 at 02:33 AM
thanks sibyl - yes, it's a turquoise - looks a bit darker in the picture than in real life.

I, too, had not crocheted for many many many years, but took up knitting again 2 years ago, and decided it was time to re-learn crocheting now as well. I worked on it all morning, and I must say that it is definitely getter better with time and practice. thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: How To Crochet - November 18th, 2006 at 02:47 AM
What a beautiful color Lynne.....its so vibrant thumbup thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: How To Crochet - November 18th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
Thanks, Penny - now you know why I had to unravel the sweater - so I could use the yarn! It really wasn't that hard to do, and I got a few good balls out of it. I made myself a little scarf with it too.

I wish I could find some yarn in the stores that color - I'd make a whole blanket with it! It is my all time favorite color - have lots of clothes and jewelry in that color too!
Posted By: Triss Re: How To Crochet - November 18th, 2006 at 05:48 AM
Looks good Lynne!!! Glad you are getting the hang of it again. That is a great color.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]