A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: bubbbles any ideas would really help - January 16th, 2006 at 08:17 AM
Hi everyone wavey first of all I hope you all had safe and happy holidays.I have a very large pot on my balcony and want someting bushy and flowery flw ,it's in a corner and gets about 4 to 5 hours of sun.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: any ideas would really help - January 17th, 2006 at 12:10 AM
Hi Bubbles..
Does the pot sit up in the air, or right on top of the balcony??
*can it accommindate for hanging plants that
would grow down???*
Posted By: comfrey Re: any ideas would really help - January 17th, 2006 at 01:00 AM
Begonia's work well in a pot and in time bushes out pretty good and will bloom all summer, plus require little care and water.
Posted By: Marian Re: any ideas would really help - January 17th, 2006 at 01:25 AM
Are you looking for something hardy , or just for the warm season ?
Coleus are ever blooming in the warm season , as well as Comfrey's suggestion of begonias , espacially wax begonias . There may be enough sun for geraniums .
I think a combination would be nice . One of my favorites last year was coleus , begonias , and hypostes .
Posted By: weezie13 Re: any ideas would really help - January 17th, 2006 at 04:20 AM
And how big is the pot??
That will help too..

For some of the sizes for certain plants to put in it...

I had a really tall Loves' Lies Bleeding this
year, and that would or could make a really neat
tall center piece.... it was a pretty lime green leaf with bright pink stem and flower..
That would need a good sized container for those plus other plants..
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bubbbles Re: any ideas would really help - January 27th, 2006 at 03:47 AM
thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]