A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ksgardnr ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 06:46 AM
Just to let you guys know, I get to go to Topeka/Kansas City next week so probly won't be on very much. We(me,hubby, sis-in-law & bro-in-law) are going to see Def Leppard & Journey in KC. My sis-in-law has a computer so I will probly get on a few times & keep up w/ the CH, since the computer room is also our bedroom! FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!!!!!! I will sure miss ALL of you so I am sure I will be here more often than I think!!!!!!!! laugh
Posted By: gheerstrumpetvines Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 07:20 AM
Oh! Fun!! That sounds like quite the show. Def Leppard was here in 99 at the Iowa State Fair...I got to listen to it from my back porch...(sigh) Have a great time!!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 07:22 AM
laugh gheer/Connie- I got to see Def Leppard in Amarillo in '94, but never have seen Journey so I am soooooo excited. Everytime they come on the radio my hubby turns it up & just smiles at me! I think he is more excited than me!It will be at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre so I think I will rather enjoy myself!!!!!!! muggs
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 07:27 AM
Pour Some Sugar on Me! I have that running through me head now! laugh

Have a great time, and a safe trip! kissies How long will it take you to get there?
Posted By: angelblossom Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 07:27 AM
Ohh have a great time!! Topeka is my home wave to everyone for me My daughter and grandkids are there so blow them a kiss while your there!!!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 07:35 AM
Sure thing angelblossom. kissies I love Topeka, my sis-in-law lives there. Loz-It takes us just at 6 hours to get there. We take the turnpike in Wichita.The only thing is if you have to go potty, the reststops are few & far between on the turnpike! eek We will have my 6 yr. old, so it will be interesting as always! :rolleyes: laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 07:39 AM
Take an empty bottle for him just in case I guess.....6 hours, that just a tad longer than what it takes for me to get to the Ocean from here.....long enough that by the time you get there your butt is numb. laugh

Being on the turnpike is always pretty boring! We're on it a good bit when we travel 8 hours to Michigan... :p
Posted By: angelblossom Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 07:47 AM
Oh I hate that stretch between Wichita and Topeka only two hours but seems forever nothing but flat boring land! But there are small towns in between often enough to use restrooms, provided your son doesn't wait untill the last possible minute to let you know to stop the car eek laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 11:20 AM
Oh what fun!!! Have a great time Jody! Drive safe!
Posted By: badplanter Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 11:28 AM
GOOD SHOW MA'AM!!!!!!

it won't be the same in the game room without you there much......

Have a great time, and be safe! thumbup
Posted By: chenno Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 2nd, 2006 at 01:16 PM
You have a great and safe time:-) Cannot wait to hear all about it.
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 5th, 2006 at 08:57 PM
Ok, all packed & ready to go!!!!!!! I keep singin', "Ohhhhhhhh, the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin', don't know where I'll be tomorrowwwwwww....." for all those who like Journey!Then I am at the grocery store & hear "Love Bites"! Am I being teased or what?!? Leaving after work to day but hopefully I will get time to play on sis-in-laws computer in Topeka so I can give everyone the details! I will be in the CH for a little while today. wavey
Posted By: princessazlea Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 5th, 2006 at 09:02 PM
Have a great time! thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 6th, 2006 at 07:57 PM
Have lot's of fun!!!
and driver safe!

**too bad there wasn't a GH member you
could have met up with and had a visit with...**

Can't wait to hear all about it...
(I saw both of them in concert, some 150 years ago wink laugh in my other live time ago.)
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 7th, 2006 at 10:22 PM
wavey
weezie, that would have been so cool.Does anyone live around here?!? I am still in Topeka and I can't hear or talk, but it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun! What a great show! thumbup Def Leppard is just TOO awesome. cool Journey was good too but Steve Perry isn't even singing with them so it was kind of a let-down after spending all that $$$ and traveling so far to see them! :rolleyes: But the kid who is fronting them now has great stage presence, and sings good so it wasn't too bad. But Def Leppard was ULTIMATELY the best. muggs (had a few of those too!)ok, I'll stop now, thanks for your interest in my exciting evening! "ROCK -N- ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 7th, 2006 at 10:31 PM
I am glad you had a great time Jody...wish i could have gone too!!!!!!!!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 7th, 2006 at 10:36 PM
you would have had a blast! It was the first rock concert that my hubby & I have ever been to TOGETHER.Just never really had the $. He really had a good time too.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 7th, 2006 at 10:38 PM
Originally posted by ksgardnr:
wavey
weezie, that would have been so cool.Does anyone live around here?!? I am still in Topeka
LandOfOz lives in Ks.
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 7th, 2006 at 10:41 PM
I'll have to PM LandOfOz. Thank you weezie.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 7th, 2006 at 11:00 PM
Hope you two could connect up..
That would be the frosting on the ole cupcake
so to speak of your trip out/over there!!!

Keep us posted...
Posted By: Triss Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 7th, 2006 at 11:45 PM
Sounds like a wonderful concert! Glad you had such a good time. Hope the rest of your time is just as good!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 8th, 2006 at 08:12 AM
clp So glad to hear you and Hubby had a great time!!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 9th, 2006 at 01:38 AM
angelblossom,I blew kissies to your daughter & grandbabies too. Hope they caught 'em!We will be here till tomorrow afternoon so we can drive to Wichita & eat at my favorite place.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 9th, 2006 at 02:49 PM
Well no wonder when I talked to my Daughter she said she got God Winked! And the Kids have been extra good and calm the last few days! She really couldn't figure that one out kissies grinnnn

What is your fav eating place in Wichita??
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 11th, 2006 at 01:18 AM

Well no wonder when I talked to my Daughter she said she got God Winked! And the Kids have been extra good and calm the last few days! She really couldn't figure that one out

Thank you!

What is your fav eating place in Wichita??
Well, I am glad I calmed things down a bit for your daughter & grandbabies! flw We always stop in Wichita to eat at Hometown Buffet cool , it is a family tradition kinda thing!Funny we got lost in Wichita yesterday, took the wrong exit! laugh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 11th, 2006 at 06:31 AM
Have you made it home then??? Have any pictures from your fun time???
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: ksgardnr goin' to KC!!!!!!!! - September 12th, 2006 at 12:17 AM
yes, we are back home, and we forgot our camera, so sorry no pics this time.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]