A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Triss A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 02:37 PM
We had a great time visiting Bill. We swam and ate and drank and had a good ole time! He bought the kiddos a pool and they enjoyed it so much! I brought them home waterlogged and happy!

My SIL Carolyn even came up to enjoy some time with us.

Here is a video of a bunch of the pics I took when I was there.
Pics

Again, I have to say thank you to Bill for being an awesome host and great friend. We had the best time with you this weekend!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 02:49 PM
Triss That was sooo awesome!!! I love the way you set up the video,,
I'm so happy for you that you live close enough to Visit Bill and have such a wonderful family and friend time. Great Pictures I really enjoy viewing them! The flowers are gorgeous Bill thumbup flw
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 02:53 PM
I can't see it! eek
It says "This video requires Flash 8 or newer."
So I downloaded what it told me to, and tried to install it and it says "Setup could not find your browser's plugins directory. Click Browse and locate the plugins directory. Blah, blah, blah..."

I have no idea what to do!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 02:57 PM
Sorry Cindy?

I saw it fine - Triss, it looks like a great time was had by all! What a cute pool too. Great flowers, and happy people - what more could anyone ask for? Duh thumbup
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 02:58 PM
Ohhh Man Cindy that is no good !! They really are great pictures!! Looks like those little ones had a blast!
Posted By: Merme Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 03:09 PM
I couldn't see the video, either. So I was really hoping for some stills. Maybe soon?

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 03:12 PM
I'm on the laptop now...and still can't see it! eek
Posted By: Triss Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 03:13 PM
Well dang. OK lemme work on the stills once the kiddos are in bed.
Posted By: Triss Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 03:25 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 03:26 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 03:27 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 03:29 PM
Those were for anyone who cannot see the slide show.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 03:37 PM
Thank you! kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 03:41 PM
No problem at all!
Posted By: Patty S Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 04:49 PM
OMG!! kissies

Those beautiful kids look SOOO happy, & everybody looks so relaxed! Those gardens look better & better every time you go up there... you must getting better at taking pics! grinnnn

(Is that a Carnation?) [Linked Image]
Posted By: Patty S Re: A visit with Bill - July 3rd, 2006 at 04:56 PM
(Hey Triss... I see where your van is parked. Is there going to be room there to turn a 31 foot Motor home around without wrecking any landscaping or running over BILL'S flowers? Duh
Posted By: Squirrel Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 03:31 AM
Triss, what wonderful pix. Looks like everyone had a great time. Lots of relaxing going on. That swimming pool is neat. The gardens are gorgeous. Bill looks chipper. Thanks for sharing your video with us.. thumbup clp smile Sue
Posted By: chenno Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
This is cool! Thanks for sharing..
Fun, looks like a blast!Glad you all had a good time grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 03:48 AM
Love seeing the slideshow.... thumbup Thank you so much for putting it together and sharing it with us all....The kids look like they had a blast!
Posted By: Triss Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 04:39 AM
Patty, there is plenty of room up there for a motorhome and yes, it is a carnation.

I am glad you all liked the pics. I love sharing!
Posted By: Merme Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 05:13 AM
Thank you so much for the stills, Trissy ~ it is nice to be able to see some of the wonderful time you all had together.

Now I'm thinking you all should load up Mr. Bill, your family, all into Patty's 31 foot motor home, and drive to Maine, picking up Afgrey along the way! It really wouldn't be kidnapping, 'coz you'd give 'em time to pack a bag and it really wouldn't be hijacking Pattys motor home, either 'coz she'd so enjoy the trip! And it would be educational too 'coz your kids haven't been in the Atlantic Ocean....

Merme
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 05:54 AM
thank you triss... one day <big sigh> 'till then, i'm glad you can all enjoy your time! kissies
Posted By: Patty S Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 06:44 AM
Merme, that's a GREAT idea! (I'll ask Keith about that!) grinnnn laugh

Not really sure about putting Afgrey & WW in such close proximity though [Linked Image] ...might have to leave the kids at home, & just take people who are big enough to referee!

I've never seen the Atlantic, either! I lived in Hartford, Conn for a short time (6 months) & partied in New York a couple times, but was too young & dumb to realize that I could have gone to the beach, & could have seen the Statue of Liberty!
(Didn't look at the map!) [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 06:44 AM
Now I'm thinking you all should load up Mr. Bill, your family, all into Patty's 31 foot motor home, and drive to Maine, picking up Afgrey along the way! It really wouldn't be kidnapping, 'coz you'd give 'em time to pack a bag and it really wouldn't be hijacking Pattys motor home, either 'coz she'd so enjoy the trip! And it would be educational too 'coz your kids haven't been in the Atlantic Ocean....
laugh laugh I agree! Don't forget to swing by Maryland on your way! laugh laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 08:54 AM
One of these days I will be making that road trip across the country. It will be a winding trip to make sure I get to see everyone.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 09:54 AM
Not really sure about putting Afgrey & WW in such close proximity though
No comment..... laugh laugh laugh lala
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 10:59 AM
Ok. I came late. Triss, did you guys camp out at Bill's. How close do you guys live to each other. And, why doesn't anyone come my way?
Posted By: Merme Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Bestofour:
And, why doesn't anyone come my way?
If I could, I would be there in a heartbeat with armsful of yellow roses for you my friend.

Merme
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 11:25 AM
You're too sweet Merme. You probably couldn't stand to be around here too long since Johnny tells me I'm the meanest person he's ever known.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 11:39 AM
Sorry Sheri, Bill is only 3 hours from us, I think it is more like 3 days to you. One of these days though...

Yes we did camp at his place for the evening and just hung out having fun.
Posted By: Merme Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Bestofour:
Johnny tells me I'm the meanest person he's ever known.
Them would be fightin' words if said around me, Sheri.

So... shall I rally up a good troop of GardenHelper Onery's and come down there and reintroduce Johnny to some manners?

I remember quite a gang of innocent gardeners and homemakers were willing to come to Maine once and mop the floor with my Ex's shaggy head.

Just say the word!

It hurts to know that anyone would speak to you that way.

Merme
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 12:14 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Them would be fightin' .
It hurts to know that anyone would speak to you that way.
Merme [/QB][/QUOTE]

You are too sweet because he's right. I have to admit it. I am mean. But if it will cause you to rally and come for a visit I'll say my feelings are hurt and you need to come have a talk with him.

He's much sweeter than I. He asks for prayer for me at church all the time. He doesn't say why he's asking. I think everyone at his church thinks I have some dreadful disease because he asks every week.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A visit with Bill - July 4th, 2006 at 12:16 PM
Somehow I got us way off topic. So sorry.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]