A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 04:59 AM
Well I just uploaded over a hundred pictures off my dads digital camera I bought him for his retirement present....he got to use it when his son in England surprised him with a trip to Brazil and I just thought I'd share some of them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More to come...... thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 05:02 AM
BTW, dad's in pretty good shape for being 76 this year huh? thumbup
clp clp OHHH WOW! What a wonderful Surprise trip,, Brazil ...!!!!

I know your Dad was Happpppppy!
Originally posted by loz:
BTW, dad's in pretty good shape for being 76 this year huh? thumbup
Yes Indeed!!
Posted By: chenno Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 05:08 AM
Your dad looks great,Loz. The background is so nice! I cannot wait to see more,What a great time he must have had:-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 05:10 AM
I'm so sorry to all the dial up people, I used to have dial up too...

It was a HUGE surprise Diane.....They went from England to Paris and my brother Pete said to dad this isn't your surprise, we're only here to catch a flight to Brazil to the Copocabana Beach in Rio.... shk Nice present for someone who's worked 60 years of his life!

[Linked Image]

See the little thing on top of the one hill, that's the Jesus statue.
[Linked Image]

My brother Pete, he lives in Wales.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 05:17 AM
Loz, those pics are awesome. You dad looks great! The scenery, WOW!
You took the words right out of my mouth, Triss!

Your dad is pretty darn good with that camera, Loz!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 05:37 AM
He'd tell you he isn't too bad for an old fart..... laugh I'm not kidding, that is what he'd say.

This is Dad at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England....it's an amusement park.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mom.
[Linked Image]
Simply Breathtaking Picture! Overlooking the city into the mountains Peaked with The Cross!

Awesome!! I imagine He was in AWE most of the time I know I would have been!
grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 05:50 AM
Oh he was in awe Diane, he was totally shocked to even be there. He didn't even have anything to swim in.... laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In my Nanas garden, grandad has 2 greenhouses! thumbup
[Linked Image]
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 06:11 AM
OMG, Loz!!!!! These pictures are FANTASTIC! It looks so beautiful there. I was just gonna ask, "Where's Mom", then I saw her! laugh thumbup

Your Nana's roses are BEAUTIFUL! (How old is grandad????) shk
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 09:31 AM
Grandad and Nana are in their mid 80's....Dad's closer to Nanas age than moms! laugh Mom and Dad are 13 years apart and Nana highly disapproved of Dad at first.

I feel so bad for my Grandad....he's in bad health and can't garden anymore. Nana said he'll sit out there in the greenhouse for hours but he just can't physically do the gardening anymore.

More mom

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
loz - I'm really enjoying your pictures!
Thanks so much for sharing them with us! kissies

Your parents both look great, and it's nice to cyber meet your brother!
What a terrific thing for your brother to do for your dad - I'm sure they made many wonderful memories together.
Beautiful pictures, Laura!

It's too bad that he can't do much of the gardening anymore. Is there someone that could help him?

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 09:37 AM
He's on oxygen now(he never smoked), and he can't walk much. My uncle hired a gardener to come once a week though. I can't imagine being a gardener and then not being able to garden one day.

And thank you....it's been fun sharing the pics with you all.
Posted By: Triss Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 09:40 AM
Oh I hope you have more Loz. Especially the scenery. Love those ones.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 09:44 AM
I do have a few more scenic pictures that I'll post tomorrow! wavey
Posted By: Triss Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 10:00 AM
Oh good! Nite Loz, sleep well.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 12:38 PM
Those two pictures, one with you dad infront of the statue and the one where it's just a speck on the photo are simply AWEEEESOME..
I love them both...
Great photo's Laura...
(*One of our members has lived in Brazil for a bit, Newt... her son lives there and she stays winters with him*)
That's a beautiful place to visit...
Thanks for sharing those...
Beautiful views Laura.(Brazil that is). I see Blackpool has not changed much. laugh although I
would not recognise the amusement park they keep changing the rides. sca

Thanks for sharing!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 11:47 PM
It's always great to see another country that you know you'll never get to visit. thumbup

Lisa, Blackpool was my fav. place as a kid. Dad would take us there on mystery trips. Do you remember the Funhouse that burnt down? I used to love it in there.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Going up to the Jesus statue looks pretty scary!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 11:49 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is the house we grew up in...the one with the white door. The back yard is only 3 times as big as the front yard. Dad said they are selling for 200,000 pounds now!!!! That's ridiculous!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tonya Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 17th, 2006 at 11:50 PM
Awesome pics, Loz! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 18th, 2006 at 12:41 AM
Beautiful. I love that picture above the house one.

From the looks of it, you would never guess there was a yard in back of that house.

Going up to the Jesus statue looks pretty scary!
[Linked Image]
Wooooooohhhh It looks Like a Drop off grinnnn grinnnn clp

This is the house we grew up in...the one with the white door. The back yard is only 3 times as big as the front yard. Dad said they are selling for 200,000 pounds now!!!! That's ridiculous!
[Linked Image]
So when did you start up your interest in gardening was is because your Grandfather has gardens??? I bet seeing that house brings back a lot of sweet memories huh Loz? cool
I was watching househunters international and they sell small spaces for megabucks$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s shk all over the world
WOW!!!!!!

GREAT pics, Loz!!!!!

thumbup clp
Posted By: chenno Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 18th, 2006 at 07:17 AM
Amazing! Thank you!Loz,I see where you get your shoe thing, Your mom had some darn nice shoes on....great pics!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 18th, 2006 at 07:37 AM
Angie, mom is nowhere near as bad as me with shoes! Yesterday I wanted to buy some more boots and she was just smiling and shaking her head at me. laugh

You know, saying that the house had a yard that big is a bit generous probably. Mom only had a couple of plants there, and when it was nice Dad would put our little kiddy pool in the backyard so I could play. This might give you a better idea of the size of the yard. TINY! And not worth 200,000 pounds.

[Linked Image]

I did get my love of gardening from my nana and grandad! They had a little sign made with Lauras garden where I could dig around and plant seeds. Grandad grew lots of things but I specifically remember all of the Sweetpeas he had---it's sad now that he's in too poor of health to garden....
Posted By: chenno Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 18th, 2006 at 07:49 AM
Loz...Reminds me of my youth in Chicago,Just Love The pics...:-)
Yeah 200,000 sounds about right these days Laura. Prices have gone really high. It's ridiculous, how can first time buyers afford that! The prices are higher still in the city centre. frown
Thanks for sharing Loz!!! thumbup thumbup thumbup
Beautiful pictures Loz! What a wonderful gift your brother gave to your dad.
Posted By: dodge Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 19th, 2006 at 06:53 AM
loz

Sounds like one wonderful family .

Perhaps you will go there some day.

dodge ......Thanks for sharing.....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 19th, 2006 at 08:37 AM
Barb, it is a great family....I doubt I'll ever get to Brazil, but I have been back to England one time.

Lisa---I can't believe the prices of things over there shk , especially housing. That house we grew up in wasn't that great. When we lived there it had no central heating. Just a fireplace and we used a kerosene heater upstairs......We'd wake up to frost inside the windows! laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 19th, 2006 at 07:18 PM
loz

I didnt know your from England......Your doing great here.. What age did you come here/

My husbands grandmom was from there, and gdad was Wales......My dad was Poland.

Tell me more.

dodge
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 19th, 2006 at 09:15 PM
Well the story is this: My nana in England married a US soldier that was stationed in the UK. They had my mom and a few years later divorced because Nana wouldn't leave England. Mom never knew her "real" dad. She was raised by my Nanas next husband and to mom that is her dad.

When I was 6 mom found her US dad over here and came over here for a few weeks by herself to see him. Not long after that my dad got laid off from his welding job that he'd been at for years and years and was having problems finding a new job. They decided that the following year, when I was 7, that we'd move over here so mom could get to know her dad. So with a lot of tears we left England and all of our family behind for a new start over here.

We lived with moms real dad and stepmother for a few months until we found a house. Luckily they could buy it outright from selling the house in England. It was a real struggle at first--Dad did anything he could for money including, grave digging, painting houses, any odd job he could get.

Things weren't great with my "real" grandad. His new family didn't know about mom, and his wife was jealous of her. He passed away 5 years after we moved here.

We've been here now since 1983 and even though I'm still a UK citizen I consider the US my home and plan on becoming a citizen when my green card expires. thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 19th, 2006 at 09:25 PM
Loz

wow ........
What a story......Glad your with us.. You had it rough.......
When does the green card expire? I know nothing of that .

dodge
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 19th, 2006 at 09:41 PM
I believe I have 3-4 more years left as a registered legal alien. They are good for 10 years--going to Baltimore to get it was TERRIBLE!!!! A real pain in the rear. :p

I can't complain too much, it was hard leaving our family in England....and I rarely ever get to see them and that's sad. We've had a pretty good life over here. thumbup
I believe I have 3-4 more years left as a registered legal alien .
laugh loz - we always KNEW you were an ALIEN!!! [Linked Image]
shk Lynne!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 19th, 2006 at 10:21 PM
laugh thumbup laugh I am! I'm an alien! thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 12:40 AM
loz,

You sounded so american, I would of never guessed..

I imagine it is worse when your a child and drawn between relatives..
Glad you survived........
My man was in England in the air force.. Told me lots of stories..

They are supposed to be great experts on flowers.
You in the right spot Loz......
And i read every one of the James Herriot stories.. He was the ole Vet there and loved animals........
Did you read them? They are all thru our librarys.....

Dodge
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 01:01 AM
great pics loz, now if I can figure out how to afford to go to England! Your pics really made the scenery look as I thought it to be all these years.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 09:53 PM
Dodge, English gardens are some of the most beautiful ones out there! thumbup I don't think I've ever read any of his books, I'll have to look them up.

KS, just glad to share some pics! thumbup

Here's me in front of our old house the only time I've ever been back....I was 15.

[Linked Image]
...and of course you have a shopping bag in your hand! shk laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:00 PM
laugh Why of course.....my brother in England gave me 50 pounds to go shopping with. Well that isn't really THAT much but I dragged dad in every womens store I could find that day! laugh

BTW, that's my natural hair color--no wonder I color it! laugh
It looks fine Laura but i do like the red too!!!
BTW, that's my natural hair color--no wonder I color it!
shk It looks like MY hair color! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:10 PM
laugh Sorry Cindy! laugh If I ever get to visit I could color your hair for you! p

Penny I just get tired of the same color--I love to experiment!
I did that when i was younger...now i am afraid to have green hair!!! laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:16 PM
Green hair can always be fixed! laugh thumbup
But my luck it would take days laugh laugh shk laugh
If I ever get to visit I could color your hair for you!
Loz...if you will come visit me I'll let you color my hair...or shave my head if you want to! p
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:18 PM
Penny, if I make it to Canada I'll color your hair too! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:20 PM
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
Loz...if you will come visit me I'll let you color my hair...or shave my head if you want to! p
Did I tell you I'm coming next week? lala

I'm not gonna forget that one....nope! I stored it away in my brain! laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:20 PM
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
What about smile meeeeeee grinnnn
I'm not gonna forget that one....nope! I stored it away in my brain!
Uhhh...you better back that up on a disk! laugh p laugh lala
Pictures are a must you guys laugh laugh laugh thumbup

I would love for Mark and you to come on up here for a visit Laura...you'd love it here!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:26 PM
I'm not really going next week, but I WILL one day....Mark knows I want to, and he's briefly talked to Cindy....I think he answered the phone one day and said Moran Manor Nursing Home.... laugh

Weezie, I can color your hair too if you want! wink
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by weezie13:
<strong> What about smile meeeeeee p
(I don't think I have anything to worry about!)
laugh laugh laugh Wouldnt you just die Cindy if "they" all showed up at your door laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:55 PM
heheheehe..
When I win that lottery, *if it's a big one*
I'm buying one of those mini~winnie~wago~bay~goes... and it's a road trip for me....

I'll give your hair a good colorin'!!! Duh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:56 PM
Weezie, I can color your hair too if you want! wink
I used to color my hair since I was in highschool..
and now, I don't..
Kinda want to remember what my hair color was for a while, cause once it's gone, it's gone...
Then I'll go back to colorin' it...

**actually, I don't need to color mine,
YET!!!** clp
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 10:57 PM
Hey, let's get back to Brazil...

Got more pictures??

I love that Jesus one..
That would be sooooooo awesome, and I mean AWESOME to see that...
Posted By: Triss Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 20th, 2006 at 11:35 PM
I am ready for more pics as well. Just cannot get enough of the country, it is so beautiful. You know what was really cool? This week on CSI Miami, they went to Brazil on location and showed the Jesus Statue and panned over the city. I recognized several places from your pics. It was cool.
Posted By: dodge Re: Dads trip to Brazil and some England pics. VERY PHOTO HEAVY. - September 21st, 2006 at 01:13 AM
loz

You look happy no matter where you are.
And no matter what color..........

Looked like a neat place there.
dodge

keep smiling!!!!!1
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]