A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: melcon6 I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 12:54 AM
Before you go thinking it's the four-legged kind, it's not. It's my computer mouse. For the past week the thing just seems to have a mind of it's own. Or it's been taken over by aliens. While I'm on the computer, using the pointer, all of a sudden it takes off across the screen to the corners all by itself and I have to drag it back to what I was doing. It's a fairly new mouse, not wireless and no ball, I think laser or something. What the heck is going on with this ???? Does anyone have a clue? Duh nutz
Posted By: Triss Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 12:59 AM
Mel, Does it have the red light at the bottom? If so then get a Q-Tip and clean that light and also make sure the desk is free of dust. that can cause the mouse to act up, at least it does mine ALL the time!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 01:04 AM
Duh
Posted By: melcon6 Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 01:05 AM
make sure the desk is free of dust.
laugh laugh laugh laugh shocked
Posted By: Triss Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 02:28 AM
I never use alcohol but if you got something sticky on it then you might wanna. Hey if my desk is anything like yours, there is dust! laugh And since you have kids too, I am guessing there is some dust laugh
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 05:11 AM
make sure the desk is free of dust.
I can't even BELIEVE Triss said that!!!! laugh
I have to make sure my desk is free of CRUMBS!!! You know, the cheez~its & Cheetos...the cereal bars and bugles..... :rolleyes: I could probably empty a bag full out of my keyboard about now!!!!

~V~
Posted By: comfrey Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 12:04 PM
It's a fairly new mouse,
So how new are talking about??? A few months, a few weeks? I have one like you are talking about and mine is over a year old and messing up...I bought a new one and hated it so much I went back to using the old one and it seems to be working fine now. Another thing to try...is click on start, go to settings, then control panel and find the one that says mouse..there are all kinds of settings for your mouse there and it is possible you just need to re-adjust your mouse settings for some reason or another.
Posted By: MissJamie Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 12:16 PM
my mouse was messing up today and it only wanted to let the cursor go side to side (horizontally) and it was really frustrating me and my brother told me to bang it and I did and it worked good as new! laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 12:55 PM
Vanessa, the ONE and only ONE section of my desk that is dust, crumb, cookie, etc. free is the space where my mouse sits. Otherwise ti does not work. You can even tell at times where it sits cuz there is stuff all around the section I wipe off. That is usually when I clean my desk!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 09:38 PM
So how new are talking about??? A few months, a few weeks?
ummmmm, about a year, that's fairly new to me! laugh laugh laugh

I rubbed that little light thing with the q-tip and it seems to be behaving better now! thumbup

Thanks Triss, and I'll try to get this desk cleaned up today~ shk
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 10:42 PM
I can't see any dust on my desk, of course it's covered with debris and I don't have my glasses on, but still, no dust - try that!!

Sometimes vibrations will send my mouse skittering.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: I have a mouse problem - March 22nd, 2006 at 10:53 PM
Oh, shoot, it's still doing it! eek It's like someone from a remote location is trying to control my computer.....................and my mind! nutz
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: I have a mouse problem - March 23rd, 2006 at 01:59 AM
I am - is it working??
Posted By: Triss Re: I have a mouse problem - March 23rd, 2006 at 02:19 AM
laugh

You can always try hitting it Mel.
Posted By: princessazlea Re: I have a mouse problem - March 23rd, 2006 at 03:08 AM
Mel my mouse, well its a normal mouse no red lights with mine. Does yours have a ball inside?
Every now and then mine does this and what I do is take the ball out, then get the dirt of the rollers that has been building up. After that it is working again. thumbup
Posted By: buzylady Re: I have a mouse problem - March 23rd, 2006 at 03:17 AM
Mel, ours does the same thing. I haven't found anything to fix it. I just put up with it. frown mad
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]