A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Triss Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 02:18 PM
I know many of you know just what is going on with Peanut, but Vanessa said it was ok to post this so everyone would know. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Tests are difficult for any kids, but even more so for one like Peanut cuz you just never know how meds/tests/dr's are going to affect him. Vanessa is going to have her hands full tomorrow.

Here is what she wrote:

Wednesday (tomorrow) Peanut will have his brain scans and testing done at Children's hospital. His little head has elongated over the past few months causing some concern. He will also be tested for seizure activity and fluid forming on his brain. They are hoping to find the reasons for the extreme night terrors...believing it may not all be the result of the autism.
Although we have been anxious to have the test results, I have to tell you that I am VERY antsy tonight. I have to wake him up at 4am (joy joy) and he cannot have anything to eat after 5 am. The tests will start around 7~ish and the last test is scheduled for 11am. That is a LONG time to be without our sippy cup, and I am not looking forward to it. He will also be under anesthesia for several of the tests and that is always difficult. So..once again I am calling on the prayer warriors to hold our baby up in prayer as he goes through these tests and the experience of the long day. He doesn't do well when his routine is change and is terrified of the hospital....so I am asking the Lord to really give him comfort. Although I am sure we wont have any info tomorrow, I will update you all as soon as the results are in.
Thank you all...Peanutie is sending you a BIG hug!
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 02:31 PM
thanks for posting this for us triss. I will definately keep vanessa and peanut and ruf in my prayers and will be praying that everything goes smoothly. this will be so hard for p-nut since he hates hospitals. I hope it's not to bad for ya'll nessa! good luck! kissies kissies kissies kissies kissies kissies
Posted By: JV Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 05:54 PM
Thought I had replied to this . Got the same E-Mail Triss glad you posted it.
Vanessa you are in my prayers all the time praying hard for you,Peanut and Rufus. Have all my friends praying for you also.
Jimmy
Posted By: Meg Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 06:14 PM
Prayers have been and will continue to be said for that special young man, and Vanessa & Rufus. angell angell angell angell
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 08:14 PM
....so I am asking the Lord to really give him comfort.
Me, too, Vanessa..... kissies
...and you and Ruf as well.

Thanks for posting this, Triss!

Cindy
Posted By: tamara Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 08:28 PM
Prayers for Peanut and his family always. Hoping everything goes well today. flw
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 09:14 PM
[Linked Image]
Wishing Vanessa, Peanut, and Ruf an easy go of it today, and hoping the results are easy to deal with.

Sending you all GREAT [Linked Image] and peaceful days ahead.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 10:09 PM
wavey Vannessa......

Wishing you all good news wink
my prayers are with you and yours luv
Penny
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 10:17 PM
I was already praying before I found this thread. My best Vanessa.
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 8th, 2006 at 10:41 PM
Vanessa wavey kissies
Hope everything goes ok today!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:02 AM
praying for peace, courage and wisdom.
Posted By: ShirlS Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:12 AM
Prayers winging their way to you all, from my neck of the woods also!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:16 AM
Keeping you all in my prayers today.... kissies

There are probably only one set of footprints in the sand right now because He is carrying you. kissies angell
Posted By: barleychown Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:37 AM
kissies thumbup
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 01:45 AM
Vanessa, Peanut and Ruf
Started praying this morning very early for a good day for you all- and some good answers too from the tests......
Nana
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 01:54 AM
I am still prayin' hard for peanut too....
Such a wee~sweetie and to be havin' to be
going thru tests...it is not fun to take those
sweet babies to those places...
Sending energy and faith your way Vanessa... kissies angell
Posted By: Triss Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 02:26 AM
Got an email from Vanessa this morning. At 4am, no one really slept much and they were getting ready to head out. Vanessa is quite nervous about these tests today. I am sure they are near the end of the tests if everything went well so I hope we hear form her soon.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 02:31 AM
Thanks so much for being our "informer" Triss!
It's so nice to know a bit about what is going on!

Still hoping to hear great news when Vanessa is up to posting.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 02:40 AM
any news from Vanessa yet?

i have been praying and thinking about her kissies
Penny
Posted By: Fernie Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 02:47 AM
Vanessa, Peanutty, Ruf

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 02:53 AM
always prayers from here... kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 09:56 AM
Can't wait to hear something from Vanessa.....
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 09:59 AM
I've been sitting here with the laptop on my lap all evening...refresh, refresh, refresh....

Sure hope we hear something tonight.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:02 AM
Really...
She's probably whupped!!!
It's been a long day I'll bet!
Posted By: Triss Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:10 AM
Well I just tried calling her and no answer and could not leave a message. Starting to get a bit concerned here and hoping all is well. Will try calling again soon.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:23 AM
We are home....we actually got home earlier but I have had to hold Peanut the ENTIRE evening.
Going to the hospital is trauma enough because he ALWAYS associates it with pain...so, when we got there this morning..he was NOT happy.
We made it through the first of the tests fairly well...for a 2y/o autistic baby...and he was exhausted from screaming. Of course it required a lot of holding him down and that just breaks my heart...but is necessary. They put him under anesthesia for the MRI and we we had trouble getting him to wake up...so that took a little longer than expected. He was still so groggy when we got home he was like a little man who had hit the Hornito's a little hard...so it has just been a job to keep him from hurting himself.
We wont have any results till Tuesday or Wednesday of next week...they are sending them off to be read....so now we will just have to wait. BUT IT'S OVER...WOO HOO...
Thank you all for your prayers...I certainly felt them and NEEDED them. I was a little more uneasy this go round than I normally am for some reason..but we gotter done!

I pooped!

~V~
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:25 AM
Well I just tried calling her and no answer and could not leave a message. Starting to get a bit concerned here and hoping all is well.
Hhmmm...my phone didn't ring Triss...except for when JImmy called...did you get the answering machine or anything...??? I am REALLY here...I think...
laugh
~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:28 AM
I called the number you gave me in email this morning. It was all I had.

I am so glad you all are home and that it all got done. Hopefully now you all can rest up for the house, doing that will make the time between now and test results go a bit faster.
Posted By: barleychown Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:37 AM
I'm glad you made it home okay. We will all be waiting with you! thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:47 AM
I called the number you gave me in email this morning. It was all I had.
shk man,that's scary...I don't EVEN remember this morning...who knows what # I gave you... laugh I am bad about getting in a hurry and mis~typing...

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:58 AM
No wonder you did not answer. Who knows who I called.
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 11:03 AM
Vanessa, I'm so glad that's over for you and Peanut. Now we will all wait with you.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 11:08 AM
So glad that is over with, Vanessa.
It just kills me every time we have to take Brennan for those tests...and have to hold him down. It breaks my heart...so I know what you are talking about.

kissies
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:10 PM
Vanessa - so glad you can put this day behind you now.
I'll be holding your hand til you get the results next week!

I wanted to tell you...
I took Amy to her pediatric dentist this afternoon. There is a poster in the office - saw it last time too - that says "Artistic? Autistic!" I asked the dentist about it, and where I could get a copy - for you and Triss - he said it was a painting done by a 6 year old autistic patient of his - didn't know if it was for sale anywhere, but he would call the family and ask - sweet guy! It is of bright flowers in a vase with a very colorful purple background - can't remember what it says on the bottom, but I liked it very much and immediately thought of you two! kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:12 PM
Oh how neat. That is something I would love! Zack is an amazing artist as well but does not do flowers and the like.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:21 PM
What sort of things does Zack like to draw, Triss?
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:22 PM
I'll be holding your hand til you get the results next week!
See why I LOVE it here!!! kissies

Lynnie, I would give anything to see that pic...how special that is!! I have a lot of admiration for Triss...she has a lot more years under her belt with Zackie than I have so far with the P~Nutty....it is a tough journey a lot of the time (most of the time)but it is WELL worth it...I am being rewarded greatly right now...with a wonderful peace of mind that I have not had in a long time!!!

(and I love that Blue BEAR...he is SOOO cute!!)

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:28 PM
Hi is great on the computer but also on paper. Right now he draws all kinds of animals and figures and such. They are small a lot of the time but really cool. I will have to see if I can find something on the computer and post it.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:33 PM
[Linked Image]Yep - a special bear for a special Peanut and his Momma!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 12:36 PM
Triss - can't wait to see some of Zack's art - I bet it's really special!
Posted By: JV Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 04:22 PM
Vanessa was good talking to you last night and enjoyed the Peanut sugar he was giving me. Hope your all getting some much needed rest. Talk to you later.
Jimmy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:10 PM
Peanut actually had a pretty good night last night, only waking up 3 times. He was up and ready for school this morning. I wiah you all could see him get on the bus. He LOVES his bus driver..the school staff are all so wonderful and they have taken a "special" liking to that P~Nutty! I am so blesssed! I am trying to think of what I can do for his teachers for Valentine's day...
Jenn, what are your favorite things your kiddos do for you...?

~V~
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:23 PM
Vanessa, Cook for your teachers. That is what Teddy's teachers liked the most. Their own platters of cookies or brownies or.....
Not a tray of something for the classroom but something for each individual teacher and aide (and bus driver and other school staff. I even took things for the custodians thumbup ) A loaf or two of bread to take home and savor. And it's something you are good at.
Teddy has 11 students in his classand three, with a teacher and two full-time aides and other 'floating' aides to help from room to room. How many are you dealing with?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:26 PM
wavey Vanessa,

i am so glad that you are home and you are all safe and sound.
now the waiting begins, but everyone is praying and pulling for you all.
Penny
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:36 PM
Thanks Penny.. kissies

Tina I always try to do for anyone involved with P~Nutty...even the receptionist. He only has 8 kidlets in his class...and they are all at least a year younger than him since they had to put him him a lower functioning class. I think the baking is a great idea...and it is baking weather for sure...bread would smell good in the oven. These workers are just SO special to me, they are so good with Taylor...I like to do what I can to let them know how much I appreciate what they do for him!

~V~
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:37 PM
Vanessa,
I made up baskets for my kids teachers,
trust me, mine push and lick their envelopes,
everrrrrryday at school :rolleyes: thumbup

Wrapped it in a big~cello bag... and put a cute frilly ribbon...
They really liked them alot...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:39 PM
I think the baking idea is a great one thumbup How about adding one of your beautiful cards that you make,they are so much nicer than store bought.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:43 PM
I'm glad you all have your thinking caps on...I certainly don't. I hadn't even THOUGHT about making a card...thanks G~Mom!!!

That will be a "night" project I can start so I will have it done...

Off to make my happy list of things to do!

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 9th, 2006 at 10:44 PM
Have FUN!!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 10th, 2006 at 01:23 AM
Great ideas all around and I have to say Vanessa that I just love that you are happy again!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 10th, 2006 at 10:46 AM
glad it's over vanessa, will pray the tests show something readily fixable... you and that peanut have been through way too much. need you to get better!!! by the way, have fun at your closing tomorrow, i'll be thinking about you! kissies
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Keep Peanut in your thoughts. - February 10th, 2006 at 12:31 PM
hey there vanessa! I'm so glad that this bout is over for ya'll! I'll be praying for some really good results for next week!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]