A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous prayers and get well wishes #8 - October 30th, 2006 at 09:26 AM
part 7 here

praying for all!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - October 30th, 2006 at 03:01 PM
As am I, always my friends.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - October 31st, 2006 at 12:22 AM
As always....prayers for everyone kissies angell angell ...in need.
Posted By: chenno Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - October 31st, 2006 at 12:24 AM
Thoughts and Prayers to all...
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - October 31st, 2006 at 03:47 AM
Praying for everyone and putting it in God's hands. angell wink Has anyone heard from mater and how his sister is doing?
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - October 31st, 2006 at 01:05 PM
Originally posted by ksgardnr:
Praying for everyone and putting it in God's hands. angell wink Has anyone heard from mater and how his sister is doing?
Thanks for all the prayers, everyone!

I have spent a lot of time with her lately. She is doing well. Her attitude has been quite positive as of late. She has a long way to go to get to where she needs to be. She will not have to make the journey alone and without support. I am relieved to see she has reached down deep and grasp the 'courage' to begin.
I pray that she retains her determination without faltering.

Thanks again to each of you that has included us in your prayers. May your days be full of joy and your nights peaceful. You have been a true blessing for us.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - October 31st, 2006 at 01:10 PM
I am relieved to see she has reached down deep and grasp the 'courage' to begin.
I pray that she retains her determination without faltering.
Me, too...I know it's hard...I was in a similar situation many years ago.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - October 31st, 2006 at 08:56 PM
Prayers for your entire family angell angell angell
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 1st, 2006 at 12:46 AM
Mater, thanks for the update. We are still praying for your sister and hope that she continues to improve.
Posted By: badplanter Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 1st, 2006 at 10:24 AM
Prayers for Mater, and everyone else! kissies kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 1st, 2006 at 11:17 AM
mater, thank you for the update kissies continued prayers for your family and all who need them!
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 2nd, 2006 at 05:01 AM
I am asking for prayers and good wishes for a very dear friend of mine's mom.

Carol will be undergoing liver surgery on the 6th of November at 7:15am PST to remove at least two of many tumors caused by carcinoid cancer, a rare and non-curable cancer.

Her daughter Suzanne asked me to pray for her mom and I am asking you all to do the same, not only for Carol but for her mother, husband, children and grandchildren.
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 2nd, 2006 at 06:48 AM
So glad to hear the update mater, I will pray for your sister to get through this and pleasebe sure to keep us updated! kissies Also praying for Triss's mom's friend, Carol, and all others who are needing the prayers at this time. angell
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 3rd, 2006 at 02:32 AM
Prayers for anyone in need at this time kissies thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 3rd, 2006 at 06:51 AM
When we were at my Mother In laws visiting, she told me that she took another fall. Her leg has been giving out lately and this is the 2nd major fall we have heard about. She showed me the bruise on her leg and it is awful looking.

Please keep her in your prayers that the Dr's find out why her leg is doing this and that she does not fall again and get more seriously injured.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 3rd, 2006 at 10:13 AM
Praying for everyone that their needs be met...

Dianna
Posted By: Merme Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 6th, 2006 at 12:48 AM
Although I can't give out any details of the situation, please, everyone, pray for my sister Nancy, forum member Wildwood Flower. Most particularly, pray for her safety and clarity of thought so she can begin to help herself.

Merme
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 6th, 2006 at 12:58 AM
Praying for your sister Merme.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 8th, 2006 at 01:37 AM
Prayers for Nancy and her family.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 8th, 2006 at 05:33 AM
Merme - I hope Nancy is safe and sound, and in a better place very soon! kissies kissies
Posted By: Wrennie Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 8th, 2006 at 07:39 AM
I dont usually ask for prayers. Ok, I never have. My BF's friend Gino has been in heart surgery since 7 this morning to replace the artery coming out of the bottom of his heart. He had a valve replaced a while back and the surgeon saw the weak artery but they hoped medication would take care of it. He is in his mid 30's. Too young for heart trouble. As far as we know he isn't out of surgery yet. If you could send prayers and positive energy his way I'd much appreciate it.

merme I hope your sister gets better.
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 8th, 2006 at 09:36 AM
Prayers for Gino, Wrennie. I hope he has a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Mid 30's unfortunately is not to early for heart trouble. A quadruple heart bypass at 35 was my eye opener.

Prayers of guidance and safety for your sister Nancy, Merme.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 8th, 2006 at 09:31 PM
Hi Mater,thanks. And quadruple!!!! shk Actually, thinking more now, my aunts father died after 9 heart attacks in his early 40's.

Gino is in ICU now. They had to replace vein?artery from the original spot all the way up to his neck ending just behind his ear.
I forget what hospital he went to but he has one of the better/best/leading heart surgeons. I'll have to find out details. Article on Gino{in spanish}
Ginos site
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 8th, 2006 at 09:32 PM
Prayers for Wrennie's friend angell angell
Posted By: Wrennie Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 8th, 2006 at 09:41 PM
Thanks Penny!
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 9th, 2006 at 01:55 AM
Wrennie, I am adding Gino to my prayers. Was happy to read he made it through surgery and hope is stay in the ICU is short.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 9th, 2006 at 08:40 PM
me too Triss, Thanks.
Posted By: chenno Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 10th, 2006 at 12:37 AM
Praying for you all in need! many thoughts to each and everyone of you!
Posted By: Patty S Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 11th, 2006 at 08:11 AM
I've been on the phone with Patti (Patches 1414) a few times today. The first time was when she called from her cell phone as she was stuck in a parking lot close to where a police incident had broken out & all roads in the vicinity were closed, then a few hours later from home, where she was listening to news reports.

Apparently, a tip led police to a house in Belleville, Illinois today, where a suspected gunman was said to be holed up after a double homicide on Thursday night. They were greeted with gunfire, a police officer was shot, & he spent several hours in surgery. His condition is currently listed as critical & he is on life support.

He turns out to be a family friend of Patti's. She asked me to post here to request your prayers for the police officer, Jon Brough, & his family. He's 47 & has a wife & children..

I also ask your prayers for Patti, as she's had a rough time with several acquaintances passing away since summer began. She is strong in her faith, but endurance is strained when one loss after another is dealt with in a short period of time... remaining strong, in support of friends & family, becomes difficult.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 11th, 2006 at 08:20 AM
Poor Patti. Will be keeping her and Jon and family in my prayers.
Posted By: badplanter Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 11th, 2006 at 11:04 AM
Prayers for Patti, her friends, her family, and her acquaintances.
kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 12th, 2006 at 08:56 AM
prayers from here too!
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 12th, 2006 at 09:01 AM
I have an update on Carol. Her surgery was canceled because they found a tumor growing outside of her liver. This tumor is more dangerous than the ones she has and is considered life threatening. She and her family are looking at their options to figure out what to do next.
Posted By: badplanter Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 12th, 2006 at 09:08 AM
Triss, thanks for the update-- more prayers for her and her family!
kissies
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 12th, 2006 at 10:17 AM
Oh Triss, how devastating. I got tears in my eyes reading that, PLEASE keep us posted on her progress, and many generous prayers for Carol and her family. kissies Also, prayers to all who need them at this time, & for our men & women who are serving our country.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 13th, 2006 at 06:54 AM
I am still praying for everyone, also...

Please remember Destiny in your thoughts and prayers. She will be having her first surgery at 6:30 in the morning...

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 13th, 2006 at 03:27 PM
Will be praying for her all day Dianna. I hope ti all goes well for her.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 13th, 2006 at 07:50 PM
Dianna - It's 6:50, and I've been thinking of you all for a 1/2 hour now, hoping that all is going very smoothly, and that sweetie Destiny is soon in recovery and all is well! kissies
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 14th, 2006 at 02:14 AM
Prayers for Triss's friend Carol and our precious Destiny kissies thumbup
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 14th, 2006 at 09:42 PM
Just wanted to tell you all "thank you" for the prayers and thoughts on Destiny's behalf. She came through the surgery well. I will start a topic later on in the afternoon, after I get some rest. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers today...

Also, please add Reyla to the list. She has the flu, so Megan wanted to keep her home close to her doctors in case she needed to be seen...

I am still praying for the rest of the Garden Helper family that all the needs be met...

kissies

Dianna
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 14th, 2006 at 09:49 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery for Destiny kissies thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 15th, 2006 at 03:06 AM
I am so happy to hear she made it through the surgery. Praying that she recovers quickly and that Reyla is feeling better soon.
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 17th, 2006 at 06:45 AM
Prayers for sweet little Destiny(what a cutie she is Dianna, love the pics in the thread about her surgery!), & Reyla, & still praying for Carol.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 17th, 2006 at 09:16 AM
Thank you, Jody!

Are there any updates for the rest that have been needing prayers?

I am still praying for everyone...

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 17th, 2006 at 09:49 AM
I have not heard any more about Carol, as soon as I do, I will post them.
Posted By: Patty S Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 18th, 2006 at 01:19 AM
Patti (Patches 1414) requests continued prayers for the Belleville, Illinois police officer who was shot in the face last week, and for his family.
News update
Posted By: Anonymous Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 20th, 2006 at 12:17 PM
prayers for all my friends, loved ones, and acquaintances here on the forum kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 21st, 2006 at 11:05 AM
Please pray for Jiffy's SIL Tim. He was taken to the hospital tonight and is currently on a ventilator. They are not allowing Ellie to go and see him right now. Jiffy is going to call me back soon and if I get an update I will let you all know.
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 21st, 2006 at 11:39 AM
I just got a call from Scoot, Jiffy's husband.

He was calling to let me know that Tim passed away tonight.

They ask that we pray for Ellie and for Tims family His mother Mona and father Sonny and his sister Katie.

Prayers also for Jiffy, Scott, Kate and Matthew.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 21st, 2006 at 11:45 AM
ters ters ters ters ters
Posted By: Merme Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 21st, 2006 at 08:21 PM
ters

My tears, thoughts and prayers mingle with everyone else's in an ocean of condolences for the grieving families.

Merme
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 22nd, 2006 at 12:28 AM
Thoughts and Prayers for both Families at this time kissies
Posted By: chenno Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 22nd, 2006 at 03:59 AM
My prayers for you all!!!
Posted By: Jimmy V Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 22nd, 2006 at 10:01 AM
My prayers for Ellie and Jiffy and all the family this is so heart breaking losing a son in law and spouse is very hard . ters ters ters ters
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 22nd, 2006 at 10:19 AM
I am so sad to hear this tragedy...my prayer are going out to these families.

ters

~V~
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 22nd, 2006 at 11:05 AM
My sympathies and condolences for Jiffy and her family and the son-in-law's family. I am praying for you all...

Donna, please know that you are in our prayers, too, and that we are sorry for your loss...

Dianna
Posted By: chenno Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 23rd, 2006 at 12:20 PM
Prayers and heartfelt thoughts to you all!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 23rd, 2006 at 01:33 PM
Ellie.. Please know you are in my thoughts and Prayers, God created Tim Just for you to know the gift of Love. God Bless you and keep you in his comforting Arms.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 26th, 2006 at 11:12 AM
I have family members driving to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Friday of this coming week for further testing,, it has been a heck of a long road trying to figure out what is wrong, many diagnoses because symptoms are common in so many illness but just can't pin point the exact illness. now they are using the process of elimination to try to figure it out :this has been on going for too long now surgery has already takin place in one area successfully, but didn't take care of the over all condition/ symptom.. Please keep them in your prayers
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 26th, 2006 at 11:19 AM
I am praying, Diane.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 26th, 2006 at 12:22 PM
Sending verrrrrry big prayers Diane kissies kissies kissies kissies angell
Posted By: Patty S Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 26th, 2006 at 12:28 PM
Diane, I'm praying that their search produces results soon. Waiting for answers is so darned hard on everyone. frown

I'm requesting prayers for my niece (Beckie H - Member #10996). Her recent mammogram detected something that wasn't supposed to be there, & her Dr did a biopsy last week that confirmed a malignant tumor. She just learned that it's too large for a simple lumpectomy, so they are scheduling a mastectomy sometime in early December.

Beckie's Mom (My sis, Murph - Member #8998) had the very same thing just a couple years ago & wound up with complications & a Staph infection that keeps coming back to haunt her, which has been antibiotic resistant. She was recently hospitalized for that (again), & is on the mend (again), but her recovery is slow (again).

So, needless to say, this is a very tense situation, Beckie is upset, & her Mom isn't well enough to travel from Seattle to St Louis to be with her right now. She is very strong in her faith, and prayer support will be appreciated.

Also, please pray for my daughter LaRelle, as she is dealing with a recent back injury that has her off work & down in bed. I hope to get her in to see her Orthopedic Dr this coming week, but meanwhile she's feeling miserable & pain meds aren't providing much relief.

[Linked Image]

Thanks
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 26th, 2006 at 02:04 PM
Praying here for all that need them...

Dianna
Posted By: angelblossom Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 27th, 2006 at 01:47 AM
Prayers to your family Patty! So sorry to hear about reoccurring infections, sometimes if too many antibiotics are taken consecutively they stop working for a while can they give her a higher schedule of a synthetic antibiotic?? I certainly hope Becky has someone there with her I'll pray for extra angels to surround her angell angell and Extra comfort for LaRelle angell

Thanks everyone for Prayers for my Family member, this member is sooo tired of being sick frown ters
Posted By: badplanter Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 27th, 2006 at 10:04 AM
I've never asked for prayers before, but there is a first for everything.
My bowling coach's Mother passed away only a few hours after we lost the Quaterfinals Match from an appendicitis infection. She may not return to coach next year... please send prayers for her...

This is the first I am hearing of this...

kissies

Prayers for everyone who needs them, as well!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 27th, 2006 at 10:07 AM
Adding her to my list of those to pray for, Mark...

Dianna
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 27th, 2006 at 10:56 PM
I am requesting prayer for Justin again. After this situation is all over, I will be able to tell you all why you have been praying for him so much.

Also, please remember Destiny tomorrow. I am leaving early in the morning to make sure she gets back to Chapel Hill to have her stents taken out of her nose. I hope it doesn't hurt her too badly...

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts for my family. I am still praying that God meets every one's needs...

Hugs,

Dianna
Posted By: Patty S Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 28th, 2006 at 12:47 AM
Dianna, I'm holding Justin, Destiny & your family up in prayer ...& you, for safe travel tomorrow.

Mark, what a devastating loss for your coach! frown I know that you & your team will be supportive of her through this rough time & I pray that with the help of God, she will remain strong & resume her involvement with you all next year.

Diane, I understand what it's like to be so weary & sick & tired of being sick & tired... & the waiting is such a strain on a person's faith. Still praying for a firm diagnosis soon, that will lead to effective treatment.

You asked about the treatment that Carol (Murph) gets for her reoccurring infection... the only thing they can do is to give her strong antibiotic infusions, & it's my understanding that they use several different kinds, as Staph is such a viscous infection & only certain antibiotic spectrums will touch it. When she was hospitalized again a couple weeks ago, they allowed her to go home with oral and IV antibiotics after 4 days, since she is an RN & knows the procedure for administering & charting.

Beckie is keeping a stiff upper lip, & her hubby arranged things with his work so he'll be able to remain local for the next few months. (His job takes him to Europe quite a lot.) I learned yesterday that she won't be scheuled for surgery until after she has an MRI on Dec 4th. (Again, the waiting is sooo hard on people!) frown

I'm getting ready to call LaRelle's back Dr as soon as his office opens this morning, & am praying that he can work her in to his schedule today. The pain meds that she got from the clinic here on Friday are not working, but have her pretty disoriented. (Yesterday she thought it was Friday!) frown

Everybody, thanks for your prayer support for mine, as I continue to pray for yours.
Enough can't be said for the power of prayer, & God IS in charge.

------------------------------
20 minutes later...
LaRelle's Orthopedic Dr is working her in tomorrow morning at 8:30. The best part is that his office has moved to Roseburg, so we won't need to travel the 100 miles to Eugene to see him, as we've had to do in the past.

------------------------------

Keep the faith!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 28th, 2006 at 06:09 AM
Patty, thank you for adding me to your prayers, too. kissies I will need them as I am getting up in the a.m. at 3:30 to make the trip to Megan's and then the trip to Chapel Hill. I will be driving twelve hours tomorrow...

Still praying for everyone...

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 28th, 2006 at 11:23 AM
thanks for all the prayers, and know i am praying for all of you
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 28th, 2006 at 01:59 PM
Praying for all.....
Posted By: chenno Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 28th, 2006 at 11:41 PM
Thoughts and prayers to all who need them!
be safe and well.
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 29th, 2006 at 03:10 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone today.

Please send out a a prayer for the people of my area. The roads are icy and the driving is awful. May angels watch over all who need to be out and about today.
Posted By: Tonya Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 29th, 2006 at 09:06 PM
I am praying for all who need prayer- as always...

Please add my best friend and her family to the list. Her mother just had 3 strokes last night. They were minor ones, but her blood pressure is still 120/128 shk NOT GOOD!! She has no medical insurance and has not been able to afford her blood pressure meds along with a few others. Thanks all!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - November 30th, 2006 at 11:45 PM
Still praying for all...

Any updates?

I am requesting prayer now for the preacher that performed to wedding ceremonies for Jim and myself, and Justin and Michelle. He has been in really bad health the last few months and he is in the hospital now. The doctor just called his wife and told her that he was afraid to do anything to help him because he is afraid it will make him worse.

Larry's kidneys and liver have shut down. The doctor seems to think that it is only a matter of time before he will be leaving this world. The doctor has asked Virginia if she would like him hooked up to a respirator or if he needs to attempt to bring Larry back if his heart stops. It is just all so sad...

Larry is truly a good neighbor and I hate to think that he is suffering any more. Please pray that God gently escorts him out of this life of pain...

Virginia could use prayers as well. She is 72 and has been caring for Larry almost by herself in the last few weeks with help from her family only on the week-ends. It is really hitting her hard...

Thank you all for the prayers on their behalf...

Dianna
Posted By: Patty S Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 1st, 2006 at 01:08 AM
Dianna, it must be so very hard to helplessly watch the slow decline of a life-mate, & it makes the holidays particularly difficult to deal with. ters Praying that Larry & Virginia will find comfort & strength in their faith.

My family seems to be on a "falling apart" streak these days! Carol's (Murph's) hubby, Clay is diabetic & epileptic, & he had 3 grand mal seizures yesterday. He's in the Critical Care Unit at the hospital. Carol is still on the mend after being hospitalized a few weeks ago with the MRSA infection (Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus), & Clay's situation certainly isn't helping her recovery, as her energy & strength levels are slow to return.

LaRelle remains off work as her Dr waits for the radiology report from her back X-rays & is scheduling an MRI on her back. Her situation has her anxious because the paychecks have stopped, her rent is due, & her Christmas shopping isn't done, both which are important to her. We have no idea how long the paperwork will take for disability insurance or workman's comp to kick in, so she's in the midst of waiting games that are pretty hard on the nerves. (And I might add that her tension is hard on MY nerves... especially when she's doped up on pain killers & muscle relaxants!)

My car blowing a head gasket yesterday doesn't help matters, although that's the least of our concerns because the car isn't "in pain"... just one more thing to add to the waiting list! frown
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 1st, 2006 at 01:37 AM
Dianna, Very hard to know a good friend is suffering, I will be keeping Larry and Virginia in my prayers.

And your entire family as well Patty. I hope LaRelle heals quickly.

No updates on Suzanne's mom. I will email her today and see if they have any new news.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 1st, 2006 at 01:37 AM
Patty, I read about all your happenings yesterday in one of the threads and started praying for you. Seems like your family is really getting hit hard right now. Hang in there. God will see you thru...

Thank you, Patty and Triss for praying for Larry and Virginia. I feel so lost as to how to help her besides prayer...

Still praying for all of my friends and their requests...

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 1st, 2006 at 01:52 AM
Dianna, are they close enough to you that you can visit? Make up a couple of meals fo them, see if Virginia needs any shopping done for her?
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 1st, 2006 at 05:31 AM
Triss, they live right next door. I have made a couple of meals for them, and I am on standby with the telephone for Larry when she goes to the store. He won't let me sit over there with him when he is home. Hard-headed man doesn't want a baby-sitter...

While she has gone back to the hospital, I am feeding her outside dogs for her. They know me pretty well and will let me in the gate. Her smaller dog she leaves in the house with food. She won't leave her with me because she is afraid that Bear might make a mess in the house or fight with Angel...

I ask her what else I can do for her and she just asks me to pray...

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 1st, 2006 at 05:43 AM
Oh that does make it hard. Would she bring over laundry for you to do? I cannot think of a whole lot else that you are not already doing. Such a hard situation.
Posted By: Squirrel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 1st, 2006 at 06:52 AM
Found out today that hubby has colon cancer. Seeing a surgeon tomorrow. It's slowly sinking in. Prayers please. Thank you, Sue
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 1st, 2006 at 09:56 AM
Sue, prayers being said for your hubby and for you as well while you go through this with him. If there is anything you need, please let us all know. We will be here for you through it all. kissies
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 1st, 2006 at 10:31 PM
Praying for you and your husband, Sue.

If it will help you to know, Jim's father had colon cancer a couple of years ago and has made a total recovery from it after surgery. He is 72...

Larry came home from the hospital last night. He refused to stay if they couldn't do anything for him...

Dianna
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 03:42 AM
Prayers for you both Sue kissies thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 07:47 AM
Jiffy just called and asked I post that her Nephew Jarold was rushed to the hospital by ambulance today with difficulty breathing..
His blood pressure was 178/107.. Jarold is very active in tennis, non smoker, non drinker, soo this was such a surprise to learn it may be his heart.. His Wife Hazel is at the hospital with Jarold now.. and prayers of healing are needed..

Please pray for Jarold and Hazel! And Continued prayers For Jiffy's family , they have endured so much. kissies angell angell
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 07:52 AM
Praying here...

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 07:54 AM
Praying here as well. Jiffy, your whole family is in my prayers.
Posted By: Squirrel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 09:45 AM
Dianna, I needed to hear that!! Thanks. Saw a surgeon today. Game plan-6 wks of radiation and chemo, 6 wks of rest, and then surgery. We have a good feeling. A complete recovery is possible barring no unforseens. Thanks for your prayers.

Prayers going up for your family as well as Jiffys. Hugs to all. Sue
Posted By: Anonymous Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 12:59 PM
sue, i know several people who have made complete recoveries. i'm praying for you, destiny, justin, dianna's neighbor, and all of my garden family and their families.

diane, thanks for posting for me. i talked to hazel again, and they still don't know anything.
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 01:03 PM
The waiting is so difficult Jiffy. I hope you get word soon. How is Ellie holding up tonight with all of this going on?
Posted By: Patty S Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 01:23 PM
Ongoing prayers for the people listed earlier, as the newer names are added to my list. (Sue & her hubby, Jarold, Hazel & all of Jiffy's family.)

Clay is home from the hospital now & under the care of his family Dr, who is making new adjustments with his meds. Carol continues to regain her physical stamina.

LaRelle is still waiting for word on when she can have the MRI on her back. The pain meds are working better for her, but she still feels pretty punk.

I talked with Beckie today & she's hanging in there... staying busy & trying to focus her energies on other things while she waits for her MRI that's scheduled for next week.

Talked to my SIL too (also in St Louis) & to Patti (Patches 1414) who lives across the bridge from there. My SIL has had a couple brief power outages, but Patti has been without power since last night & she heard that it may not be restored for 4 days.

Ice storms started there yesterday & tree tops fell in Patti's area. (She had some big branches fall on her roof when I was talking to her late last night.) She tried to find propane canisters for her Coleman lamp today, so she'd have some heat & light, but they were sold out everywhere she was able to drive to. (She called her neighbor, who is a long-haul truck driver, & he will try to locate some for her on his way home - due in tomorrow.) Meanwhile, she's frustrated, bored & cold, & is thankful for her flashlight. It's currently 22* (wind chill factor at 17*) in the St Louis area & the mercury is expected to dip down to 12* tonight. She's snuggled up with Boogie Bear (her cat) for now, so they can both stay warm.

I'm sure that our prayers would be appreciated for the communities without power in the bitter cold, & for the folks who have to commute on icy roadways.
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 01:26 PM
Thanks for the update on Patti. Sure does not sound very good for her right now. I hope her power comes back on very soon and she can get warm again.
Posted By: Tonya Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 2nd, 2006 at 08:49 PM
Praying for you all.....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 4th, 2006 at 08:38 AM
i too am praying for all. i have an update on jarold, good news. hazel called me last night, he is home, and on blood pressure meds. his heart was not enlarged, he has severe GERD, and that caused a mis-diagnosis on the part of the family dr, but the cardiologist ruled out actual heart problems. he goes back to the cardiologist next week for a follow up.

thank you for keeping us all in your prayers. i'm still at ellie's, i'll go home tomorrow night, then come back probably next weekend.
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 4th, 2006 at 09:55 AM
That is wonderful news Jiffy. Prayers answered for Jarold and Hazel. angell
Posted By: Tonya Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 4th, 2006 at 02:26 PM
Great news Jiffy!! clp clp

CAUTION- GRAPHIC!! teech
My friend's mom is not doing so well- She does not have insurance and the hospital has sent her home even though she has a history of colon cancer and a possible/probable blockage somewhere in her intestines causing vomiting and an inability to eat. She can barely stand and they discharged her mad mad She cannot have a bowel movement and her "vomit" has the consistency of coffee grounds...NOT GOOD! Chris is afraid the cancer is back and causing the blockage.....Please pray they find something soon- Chris is out of work and can not afford to be with 2 kids and a deadbeat hubby. :p
Posted By: Patty S Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 4th, 2006 at 04:26 PM
What a relief, Jiffy! clp I would think that when a person's blood pressure is as high as his was, severe reflux could easily be misinterpreted as a heart issue (& I'm sure it feels like it, too!) I'm keeping you family in my prayers as you all get back on your feet.

Tonya, what a nightmare! shk I assume that Chris is the daughter of this very sick woman, but none-the-less, I've added her & her family to my list.

I talked to Patti again tonight. She's on her 4th day with no power & no heat. Her neighbor was able to bring her some propane canisters, so she doesn't have to sit around in total darkness after 4:30 now. (She does have a gas stove in her kitchen, which is a real blessing right now.) The news reports 137,000 people in Illinois without power... (Patti says 137,001, because she thinks they forgot about her!) laugh She sounds to be in good spirits, although she'd just love to take a "real" bath & turn on her TV. Now that her long weekend is over, she can get back to school where she can be warm.

Remember to give thanks for the many blessings we do have. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 5th, 2006 at 01:18 AM
Tonya, Praying fro Chris and her mom. Very difficult situation all the way around.

Patti is also in my prayers. I cannot imagine 4 days without power and am happy to hear she at least got the propane so she can have light at night.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 5th, 2006 at 11:20 AM
Please continued Prayers for my niece she's still having test in Mayo clinic she's had a bone marrow biopsy, and continued bleeding is being a problem and more test will be tomarrow.. and the stay was longer that expected.
Posted By: Tonya Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 6th, 2006 at 12:54 AM
Praying for everyone....

Diane- Hope the tests are good! angell
Posted By: Patty S Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 6th, 2006 at 02:39 PM
I just talked to Patti... her electricity is back on now, after 6 days of living by flashlight & candles. She said that she was determined to stick it out, no matter how long it took, because of her cat. (Poor Boogie Bear seemed to be confused the whole time!) She thanks everyone for their prayers during the power outage, & is praying for those on the list here, as I've passed it on.

LaRelle had her MRI today & Beckie had hers yesterday... no results yet, but Beckie is hanging in there & LaRelle is tired of hurting.

Keep the faith.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: prayers and get well wishes #8 - December 6th, 2006 at 08:44 PM
Still praying for everyone...

Dianna
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]