A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper USDA Zones - October 15th, 2006 at 08:08 PM
Does anyone know of a nursery website where they still include the growing zones in the discriptions of their plants?

One of the wishlist requests I received requires that I know the growing zones of the seeds I've received and I'm just not that knowledgeable.
Posted By: Bill Re: USDA Zones - October 15th, 2006 at 08:44 PM
One of the wishlist requests I received requires that I know the growing zones of the seeds I've received and I'm just not that knowledgeable.
REQUIRES???? frown
You are already going far beyond the call of duty by organizing the swap! kissies
Let the participant do their own research! crit

Park seeds lists the USDA zones.
Posted By: Tonya Re: USDA Zones - October 15th, 2006 at 09:19 PM
I'm with Bill!! You are an angel for organizing the swap- We shouldn't be "asking" for stuff we don't know for sure will work in our area!

kissies Thanks for being so great!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: USDA Zones - October 15th, 2006 at 10:15 PM
I totally agree with Bill. kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: USDA Zones - October 15th, 2006 at 11:02 PM
park seed does provide the info. i think a few others do as well. dave's garden usually has that info too.

you can also google for info or go the usda plants database for info.

it's the participants duty to get the info (or provide it on the packets when they send them to you)...you're doing MORE than enough by organizing the event!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: USDA Zones - October 16th, 2006 at 06:20 PM
I probably misstated the request. I think it was perfectly reasonable. And one I easily might have made myself. Because of her zone many plants that would work most places wouldn't work for her. And although they can still be used as trade seeds it would be nice if I could send her any seeds that will work in her garden. I'm just not familar with which plants those maybe. And looking on line I see that most nurseries have taken off the zone information. Nasty little buggers that they are. So thankyou so much for the information. It will be good for me too. Because I've been thinking about using more warm weather zone plants in my garden too so I don't have such a problem with summer dormant periods.
Posted By: Carly Re: USDA Zones - October 16th, 2006 at 06:49 PM
There's the State of Carly, South Ontario - Zone 6a . . .

We used to have a map on here, that gave zones, I seem to recall?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: USDA Zones - October 16th, 2006 at 09:36 PM
Yes it does give the zone just not a list of which plants grow in each one. That would be one big datasheet lol. Although I did find a website that listed all the natural plants that grow in Virginia somewhere. I wonder if there is one for Florida. hummmmmmmmmm.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: USDA Zones - October 17th, 2006 at 12:18 AM
ask and you shall receive laugh

floridata

florida trees
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]