A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Pekemom Calling All Scrapbookers! - August 14th, 2006 at 03:16 AM
About ten years ago, my oldest daughter (then 23) introduced me to Scrapbooking. I've been hooked ever since. It remains something we enjoy when we're together. And over the years, we've both managed to get away to attend some conventions in Orlando, Florida. Now that my hubby and I have recently moved, I'm hosting the first scrapbook day in our new neighborhood in September. Do we have a few "croppers" here? How did you get started?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: Calling All Scrapbookers! - August 14th, 2006 at 01:06 PM
me, me, me.

I have been scrapping for about 4 years now. A friend invited me to her house to see what she did and I was hooked in an instant. I do not have much time to work on it now, but hoping once the kids are back in school I can find some time and people close to me who are interested. You can check out some of my pages in my scrapbooking section on my family site.
Posted By: Pekemom Re: Calling All Scrapbookers! - August 14th, 2006 at 01:30 PM
What a beautiful family, Triss...

I love your pages. It's so much fun to look back on these times in your life when the kids are small. Talking as a mom of two grown girls, it goes by so fast!

It's fun to get together with other people to work on scrapbooks. Talk and share creative ideas...I hope my neighborhood crop becomes a monthly get-together.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: Calling All Scrapbookers! - August 14th, 2006 at 01:36 PM
I hope so as well! They are a lot of fun! I used to go out weekly when I lived in Sacramento. So I am looking forward to finding a ground here. Glad you liked my pages!
Posted By: Karrie Re: Calling All Scrapbookers! - September 10th, 2006 at 10:34 PM
I do it too. It is addictive. I did a few pages last night. I just started a few months ago. I have yet to go to a social event, but did find out yesterday that the Daisey Scouts will have to make their own scrap page for a badge. I am excited to help the girls with this. I have a few of my pages on my photo album I am currently adding the few I did this weekend.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Calling All Scrapbookers! - September 11th, 2006 at 12:53 AM
Theres a site called meetup.com where you can go to find people with the same interests as you such as scrapbooking. Maybe theres a group in your area you havent met yet.
Posted By: julie10008 Re: Calling All Scrapbookers! - September 11th, 2006 at 04:46 AM
I'm a dedicated scrapbooker. I started back in the early 90's, but lost interest after awhile. I started up again last summer, and I'm now looking forward to going to my second convention with 2 of my sisters. And I love scrapping my garden pics...
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]