A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: murphyette No idea where to put this...birdbath question - January 7th, 2006 at 03:55 AM
My birdbath broke. It is cracked clean in two, and I am wondering if there is any way to repair it, so that it will hold water? A tried and true sealer/adhesive somebody has tried?
Posted By: Thornius Re: No idea where to put this...birdbath question - January 7th, 2006 at 05:58 AM
What material is your birdbath? Also, it might just be cheaper to buy a new one. Walmart has Concrete birdbaths for like $18.97. I bought one of those just last year. Here is a picture of it.

$18.97 Walmart concrete birdbath
[Linked Image]
Posted By: comfrey Re: No idea where to put this...birdbath question - January 7th, 2006 at 02:15 PM
Wow Thornius, I didn't realize that they were that cheap for a concrete bird bath. I have always worried about having one though as I was afraid I would be making it easy for all the cats I have outdoors to get a quick meal. Is there a way to make it safe for the birds to use it and keep the cats away from harming the birds?????
Posted By: Thornius Re: No idea where to put this...birdbath question - January 7th, 2006 at 02:31 PM
I haven't had any problems with cats at mine yet.
Posted By: comfrey Re: No idea where to put this...birdbath question - January 7th, 2006 at 02:46 PM
So then cats shouldn't be a problem with a birdbath??? If that is the case then I am going to get one. I have containers which I put fresh water in daily for all the critters, and I see birds using them, But a real bird bath would be much nicer esp around my flower beds.
Posted By: murphyette Re: No idea where to put this...birdbath question - January 7th, 2006 at 09:37 PM
I could buy a new one I suppose. I just thought it would eb nice to try and salvage mine. I keep the cats away from my birdbath by using these little plastic things that you lay on the ground. They have spikes, so the cats can't get close to the birdbath. I think they are called "scat cat" or something like that. Very effective.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]