A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Dates Messed up?? - January 5th, 2006 at 10:56 PM
Has anybody noticed that the dates on this Forum are one day ahead???

Who do we contact about that?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 5th, 2006 at 11:21 PM
Mine is correct.

Go your profile page, click on "Edit Profile" then scroll down to "TIME ADJUSTMENT". It will tell you how many hours to adjust the time for your time zone.

Cinja
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 5th, 2006 at 11:23 PM
I was having that problem a few weeks ago and I had to go to edit profile and adjust the time adjustment. Mine has been reading correctly ever since thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 5th, 2006 at 11:24 PM
DAD GUM IT Cindy!

Great minds think alike thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 5th, 2006 at 11:27 PM
Yeah, only some faster than others! laugh p grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 6th, 2006 at 01:02 AM
[Linked Image]

laugh muggs laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 6th, 2006 at 01:48 AM
laugh laugh laugh

Oui...has our foolishness helped you get your time straightened out?
...or did we scare you? angell
Posted By: Nako Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 6th, 2006 at 01:53 AM
when i first logged on here, i was at -7. I'm at -14 now, cuz i guess every leap year its different or something lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 6th, 2006 at 09:42 PM
Thanks for the HELP I think it is okay now. Just I was noticing other things wrong with this site just lately. Usually when minor malfunctions happen that means there is a VIRUS or WORM in the program. Or just a program overload/malfunction.

I checked my computer and there is nothing wrong with it. I have firewalls, privacy walls etc...So that kind of stuff is blocked continuously.

I was wanting to make the owner of the forum aware of this so he or she could check this..

Hopefully it is just a minor glitch and not a worm or virus

Only problem is..if it is a worm or virus anyone who visits this site who does not have blocking programs can be infected.

My computer blocked a virus the other day while I was in this forum. SOOO it could be a virus
Posted By: Bill Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 6th, 2006 at 09:46 PM
I assure you that there are no viruses on this site.
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 06:08 AM
I use a Network Time program to sync my computer time.

There are many of them available Windows XP has one built in.

As far as Worms, there was one for Windows out last week that should be patched now.
Posted By: JV Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 09:45 AM
I just got another patch on mine today. So I should be good. My time is correct per my time zone.
Jimmy
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 10:12 AM
One thing I do notice is that according to the info in Edit Profile page it says to correct my time setting to something like -14, but if I do the time is 1 hour off. So I set it to -13 and it is correct.

I am not sure where this is figured from, but US Central time is GMT -6.
Posted By: Bill Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Amigatec:
One thing I do notice is that according to the info in Edit Profile page it says to correct my time setting to something like -14, but if I do the time is 1 hour off. So I set it to -13 and it is correct.

When I moved to my own server I (supposedly) had our tech set server time to GMT and asked everyone to adjust their times. (before... it was set on Texas time :rolleyes: ) The new server change was when Phoebe ( Duh ) noticed the big change from -7 to -14 hours?)

Whatever the reason may be, the timestamp is adjustable to coordinate your computer to the server time. I apologize for any inconveniences to our members. Its not a glitch or worm, its a setting, and with members from 128 countries GMT seemed to be the politically correct decision....
Posted By: Nako Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 01:00 PM
So its my fault the time changed? o.O Wow, reading is dangerous! who knows what i've done in the past on this forum!

~Phoebe being stupid
Posted By: Bill Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 01:06 PM
ITS NOBODY'S FAULT!

It was a computer time adjustment! No viruses, no worms... Just the inconvenience of resetting the time adjustment on your profile....
Posted By: Nako Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 01:08 PM
*thinks* so when i adjusted my time thing to -14, it screwed everyone up? clp
Posted By: Bill Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Nako:
*thinks* so when i adjusted my time thing to -14, it screwed everyone up? clp
NO!!!
sighhhhhhhhh... I give up! frown
Posted By: Nako Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 01:49 PM
I'm an IT Major thumbup
Posted By: Patty S Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 01:54 PM
lala

laugh laugh
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 7th, 2006 at 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Bill:
Originally posted by Amigatec:
[b] One thing I do notice is that according to the info in Edit Profile page it says to correct my time setting to something like -14, but if I do the time is 1 hour off. So I set it to -13 and it is correct.

When I moved to my own server I (supposedly) had our tech set server time to GMT and asked everyone to adjust their times. (before... it was set on Texas time :rolleyes: ) The new server change was when Phoebe ( Duh ) noticed the big change from -7 to -14 hours?)

Whatever the reason may be, the timestamp is adjustable to coordinate your computer to the server time. I apologize for any inconveniences to our members. Its not a glitch or worm, its a setting, and with members from 128 countries GMT seemed to be the politically correct decision.... [/b]
It's not a big deal to me. I just thought it is strange that I have to use a setting like -14 to adjust the time.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dates Messed up?? - January 9th, 2006 at 04:05 AM
Well member #1 aka Bill must know what is what...<smile>

I am happy, no worms, no virus' just international dates/times.

Thanks Bill..

I was just curious about it..
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]