A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 06:43 AM
I received an email from Jenn's husband while the board was down, and here are some excerpts from it. Jenn, Stephen, and baby need our prayers very much right now...

Jenn,

...I figured this was a more direct route to the few people that Jenn talks to normally. We had our normal visit yesterday morning and the ultrasound showed that Jenn's cervix is much shorter than it was 2 weeks ago, and is starting to open. It is still closed for about 1.5 cm, but the course of action is strict bedrest. She was admitted to the hospital last night and we are expecting her to be there at least 6 weeks... Obviously the later the baby is delivered the better, so it may be a very long time that Jenn is admitted. We are doing ok I guess, considering the circumstances...

There are no signs on contractions and the amniotic sack is intact still so things look good medically as far as I know. Mentally and emotionally we are going to wear out quickly, but we'll get through... Feel free to inform anyone you think would have an interest...

Thanks,
Stephen
some of you may not know that jenn and stephen had a beautiful, seemingly perfect, baby girl stillborn last december at 5 months. they are trying to do everything right, and my heart is breaking for them right now.

Please pray for them, and if you have any messages you want relayed, feel free to contact me or any of the admin. Thank you.
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 06:52 AM
Oh, my heart is aching for them as well. I will be praying that they make it through this ok and that Jenn and Stephen are handling things ok considering all that is going on right now.

Thanks for letting us know Jiffy.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 06:56 AM
Sending prayers.....
For baby and Jen and Stephen...
*we've had friends go thru this, twice*

Continued prayers...

kissies kissies kissies kissies angell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 07:12 AM
kissies
Posted By: badplanter Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 07:13 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to them!

kissies kissies kissies kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 07:40 AM
I will be praying.

Love you, Jenn..... kissies
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 08:05 AM
Prayers and Angel wings to carry you thru to a bundle of Joy Jenn! Prayer for all three [Linked Image]
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 08:38 AM
All Prayers for Jen, Stephen and baby....
Nana
Posted By: Patty S Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 01:54 PM
You're on my prayer list, Jenn & Stephen, as is the precious little Jelly Bean. kissies

[Linked Image]
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 03:39 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Thinking of the 3 of you.
Thanks for letting us know Jiffy. kissies
Posted By: Tonya Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 06:43 PM
Prayers of health and strength to them all.... ters Such a terrifying thing considering their past. Please keep us posted!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 5th, 2006 at 10:44 PM
Oh my, my thoughts & prayers are with Jen Stephen, & baby.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 09:05 AM
Update:

I spoke with Stephen about half an hour ago and the status is this. Jenn's cervix is continuing to thin and open, creating a "funnel" effect. The cerclage (sp?) is still in place and if it weren't for that, the cervix would have already opened.

now for the good news. they had an ultrasound and the baby is perfect, there are no contractions, and the amniotic sack is still intact with no leakage. IF Jenn can stand staying flat of her back for the next 5-12 weeks, AND labor doesn't start, it looks good for them. the are supposed to know more tomorrow.

I'll post the updates as i get them.
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 09:24 AM
Thanks for the update Jiffy, still praying for them all, all of the time.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 09:40 AM
Sending her strengthhhhhh and faith....
And prayers for them still...

Gosh, I know the humungous effort that goes into this..

Keep sane Jenn and just keep that sense of humor going...

kissies kissies kissies angell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 09:44 AM
Praying with everything I have for that little baby to stay put! At least for a while longer. kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 09:46 AM
Praying with everything I have for that little baby to stay put!
I second that emotion! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 09:58 AM
Jiffy, how far along is Jenn right now?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 10:05 AM
19 weeks
Posted By: Patty S Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 10:55 AM

Praying with everything I have for that little baby to stay put!
I second that emotion! thumbup

... And I third it. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 01:50 PM
I'm sending many, many prayers for Jenn, angell Stephen, angell and their precious baby! angell May God watch them and keep them all in His loving hands! luv
Posted By: G~mom Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 07:04 PM
[Linked Image]

Prayers for Jenn,Stephen and baby....Luv ya Jenn kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 07:27 PM
well, they made it one more day. i talked to jenn for about 5 minutes this morning. she sounds ok, just very tired. the emotional strain is the worst part... thank you all for praying...
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 07:42 PM
Little by little one day at a time!! Sending more Prayers to you Jen and baby!!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 08:35 PM
Still praying here, too, Jenn!

Dianna
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 08:35 PM
Prayers for Jenn and baby kissies thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 6th, 2006 at 10:32 PM
Each and every day is one more day the baby has to develope.

for Jenn, it takes so much more strength to sit there laying still than being up and doing things and going. May you find the strength to get through this all ok.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 7th, 2006 at 07:06 PM
talked to jenn this morning. she started with contractions yesterday, but they were mild. baby seemed to tolerate them ok, and it appears they were able to stop them. the medical team is meeting today to discuss options.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 7th, 2006 at 07:10 PM
She made it one more day!! Wonderful!! [Linked Image]
Jiffy what is the earliest they will take the baby? I mean at 19 weeks that is soooo early not even the halfway point yet!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 7th, 2006 at 07:44 PM
Sending bigggggggggg prayers for that baby... Stayyyyyyyyyy put!!! kissies kissies angell
Posted By: Jonnie Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 7th, 2006 at 08:24 PM
My granddaughter had a friend give birth to twins in Atlanta a few years ago... one stillbirthed b/c of a cord accident. The other was born.. I think they were at like 21 or 22 weeks. The baby was not quite 2 lbs. That same little baby went to 1st grade this year. She wears glasses, and is still a wee bit small, but not so as you would know she was so early. She keeps up with the best of them.

I hope this one is born MUCH later than that many weeks, b/c they had a long battle in the hospital after the baby was born, but please give them some hope. EVERY day does count.

Jonnie
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 7th, 2006 at 08:36 PM
Thoughts are prayers go out to Jenn, Stephen and the little one!
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 7th, 2006 at 09:41 PM
More and more prayers going out for Jenn. I hope the Dr's can come up with a way to stop the contractions and that the road gets a lil smoother for them.
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 7th, 2006 at 10:10 PM
thank you for the update jiffy, we are still praying for her & the baby, please keep us posted
Posted By: Fernie Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 7th, 2006 at 10:24 PM
Jenn and Stephan and little one in my prayers definately....

Thanks for keeping us updated Jiffy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 8th, 2006 at 05:34 AM
24 weeks is the goal, but 28-32 would be the best. still praying, will update when i know something.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 8th, 2006 at 05:58 AM
Thanks Jiffy!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 8th, 2006 at 07:48 AM
Oh, This must be absolutely draining for these poor parents. Please let them know we are all thinking of them! Praying for Jenn, Stephan and baby!
Posted By: chenno Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 8th, 2006 at 11:49 PM
Prayers indeed going to them!!Sending strength,hope and prayers for them angell
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 9th, 2006 at 03:31 PM
Many prayers still going out for Jenn, Stephen and baby! angell May God hold all of you in His loving hands! angell
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 9th, 2006 at 03:53 PM
Prayers continue for Jenn ,Stephen and baby,, angell
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 9th, 2006 at 06:28 PM
My friend Kenne was very premature. He fit in the palm of his mothers hand. He was allergic to everything. His mom had to shave her head so she could be near him. He was allergic to her hair. She was told even though he survived being that premature he wouldn't live past 5 years old. Well he's in his 40's now. clp Medicine and technology are a lot further along than they were when he was born. Keep up the hope.
I hope all turns out well for Jenn & her family.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 9th, 2006 at 07:09 PM
an update from yesterday:

it looks like jenn is in the hospital for the duration. if you have her address and want to send a card or anything that would be great. if you don't have her address, you can send it to me for forwarding.

also, bordom is her biggest enemy right now. but she is in good spirits and sounded much better. I'm going to try to call her again today, when i get off work.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 9th, 2006 at 08:17 PM
Well...with everything that Jenn has gone through so far, I'm relieved to hear that she will be staying in the hospital where everything will be monitored 24/7.

I better get a box packed up to send out first thing Monday morning. grinnnn
Gonna make sure that when she looks around that hospital room she thinks about all her friends from The Garden Helper who love her and are praying for her. cool
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 9th, 2006 at 09:47 PM
~~~~~~>Has Stephen printed this thread out to her,
to read, that might give her a few minutes of reading time...

Paryers and Thoughts of Blessings kissies kissies kissies kissies angell
To the wee~one *may he/she set up camping inside Jenn* and for Jenn, for the endurance and Stephen for all the energy he needs to keep positive...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 10th, 2006 at 06:04 AM
he was going to print it. but that was sunday or monday. i didn't get to talk to her this evening, but i when i do, there will be a new update.
Posted By: Tonya Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 10th, 2006 at 08:35 AM
I can not imagine the fear they must be feeling. I was terrified when I was induced at 34 weeks with Summer(she was 3pounds 5ounces, 16.5 inches long) I cannot imagine having her this early!
My prayers go out to Jen, Stephen, and the jelly bean! Stay positive, listen to the doctors, and think baby. You are all in God's hands and He will protect and carry you through this time of uncertainty. kissies kissies to you for keeping us updated!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 10th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Thank you, Jiffy, for the constant updates. wavey
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 11th, 2006 at 08:05 AM
I talked to jenn today. she sounds a lot better, and this makes another week complete. thumbup stephen went back to work yesterday, and she sounded in real good spirits.
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 11th, 2006 at 08:19 AM
That is good news Jiffy! Thanks for the update!

You are in my thoughts and prayers every day Jenn!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 11th, 2006 at 08:25 AM
Great news! kissies thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 11th, 2006 at 08:30 AM
It's so good to hear that Jiffy! thumbup Still saying prayers here! angell
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 14th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Jiffy...any more news from Jenn?
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 15th, 2006 at 01:58 AM
Still praying for Jenn and family here, too...

Dianna
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 15th, 2006 at 04:45 PM
Well, Jiffy, every day gained is a day God is walking with them angell and it's another step closer to the miracle of birth! smile I'm still sending many prayers [Linked Image] for Jenn, Stephen & baby!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 16th, 2006 at 08:44 PM
hi all. i got an email from stephen yesterday. they were playing room shuffle with jenn, but the good news is that she is still pregnant thumbup so squishy is hanging in there.

I'm going to try to call today, so i'll have another update in the next day or two.
Posted By: Jonnie Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 17th, 2006 at 12:20 AM
I have lost track. How many weeks is she now?
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 17th, 2006 at 01:10 AM
Jonnie, She is around 21 weeks along right now.

Jiffy, thanks for the update. Tell Jenn we said hello and are praying.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 17th, 2006 at 03:20 AM
I have been sayi'n prayers every night,
that that wee~one stays put... kissies kissies kissies angell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 17th, 2006 at 03:23 AM
she completes 21 weeks on tuesday. i talked to jenn today. she is in a different room, but her mom was there visiting.

no contractions, no further "progress" which is a good thing, and baby is doing great. she asked when she could go home and they told her that if she doesn't have any more contractions between now and completing week 24, she could go home. maybe. but, this is 2 weeks now that she has been able to hang in there, and stephen is definitely back at work thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 17th, 2006 at 05:21 AM
clp Yeah !! Glad to hear She is doing better and the baby is doing great!! 'Still Praying to get to week 24 without any Problems.. May there always Be Birth Angels with her! [Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 17th, 2006 at 09:59 AM
I am thrilled! grinnnn
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 22nd, 2006 at 04:49 AM
Any new news, Jiffy?
Posted By: chenno Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 22nd, 2006 at 06:05 AM
Tons and tons of prayers angell angell luv
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 24th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
i talked to stephen either yesterday or the day before, and things were "status quo" which is a good thing. they are still playing round robin room hop, so she is back in the original room, the third room, in as many days. i'm going to try to call tomorrow.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 24th, 2006 at 08:44 AM
Good to hear she is still there! thumbup
Posted By: badplanter Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 24th, 2006 at 08:48 AM
Prayers every day!
Thanks for posting again, Jiffymouse!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 24th, 2006 at 09:32 AM
I'm still sayin' prayers, everynight,
for that wee~one to stay put and pitch a tent and get out the coleman stove..
kissies kissies kissies kissies angell
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 24th, 2006 at 10:17 AM
Thanks for the update Jiffy. Jenn is in my mind constantly and I keep on praying that everything is going ok with her.
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 24th, 2006 at 10:42 AM
thanks for the update, still praying for them & the sweet baby.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 29th, 2006 at 08:14 PM
Jiffy received this from Jenn late last night...
We delivered a little girl almost exactly 8 hours from the time my water broke... We named her Abigail Marie. She was 11 inches long and weighed 14.6 oz.....right where she was supposed to be. ...I am not answering my phone... Tomorrow we go to the funeral home to make arrangements... Please let the people on the forum know....also let them know how encouraging it was to know that we were in their thoughts and prayers.
ters
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 29th, 2006 at 08:18 PM
ters
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 29th, 2006 at 08:19 PM
ters ters ters Prayers for the entire family, my thoughts are with you Jenn
Posted By: Tonya Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 29th, 2006 at 08:29 PM
So sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with Jenn and Stephen. ters May you have angels on your shoulders in the next few months, and have God's love to carry you.

ters
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 29th, 2006 at 09:29 PM
I am sooooo very sad to hear of this,
my heart is just breaking for them all...
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 29th, 2006 at 09:37 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Jenn & Stephen, I am very sad for all of you. ters I completely understand how you are feeling right now. I am so sorry. ters
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 29th, 2006 at 10:43 PM
ters ters Jenn and Stephen, I am so sorry for your loss. You are all in my prayers.
Posted By: Patty S Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 29th, 2006 at 11:01 PM
When hearts are heavy words are few. ters

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 29th, 2006 at 11:27 PM
Praying for you all today- my heart is heavy with sorrow for you ..
Nana
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 30th, 2006 at 12:18 AM
Sending thoughts and many prayers today. May God comfort you.

ters

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 30th, 2006 at 03:03 AM
ters I am truly, deeply sorry for your loss. ters We love you.
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 30th, 2006 at 03:06 AM
kissies
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 30th, 2006 at 03:11 AM
Jenn & Stephen, I'm so sorry for your loss! angell
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 30th, 2006 at 07:05 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jenn and Stephen.
May your friends and family comfort you during this difficult time. kissies ters
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 30th, 2006 at 07:56 AM
Jenn and Stephen.. How sad and heavy hearted we are to hear the news,, Prayers of comfort Jenn, I'm sooo sorry.. ters ters ters
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 30th, 2006 at 07:42 PM
I am Very sorry for your loss! ters Prayers for you all!!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - September 30th, 2006 at 08:01 PM
ters ters ters ters ters ters ters ters
Posted By: badplanter Re: Update on HisGal2 & Baby - October 1st, 2006 at 05:28 AM
kissies kissies kissies ters
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]