A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: afgreyparrot Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 01:00 AM
It's that time of year again!
...and thanks to tkhooper, we will have our Fall Seed Exchange! grinnnn
So...dig into those boxes of seeds, and start packing them up!
The deadline for mailing your seeds is October 27th.

grinnnn
2. Mail your seeds no later than October 27th.
3. Send a wishlist of the seed you would like with the understanding that I'll do my best but can't guarantee that you will get what you hope for.
4. Send a SASBE (self-addressed stamped bubble envelope) with your seeds. Please make sure you have enough return postage on the envelope.
5. Please limit the maximum number of seed packs per envelope to 100. Multiple mailings are ok!
6. I will do my best to get your seeds to you by Thanksgiving.

flw

The following is from me:
NOTICE! All seed packs will be cataloged.
If you send weed seeds we will be able to track who they came from, and you will be banned from participating in future seed swaps, and your name will be posted in the Seed Exchange forum as a "risk"!

If you'd like to participate in this Swap, please PM Tammy (tkhooper) for her address to mail your seeds.

Let the Fall Fling Seed Swap BEGIN!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 01:14 AM
Oh how fun, I have never received seeds in the mail before. Guess I have to think of what I want.Any ideas?
Posted By: roflol Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 01:30 AM
I'm game! What is considered "enough return postage"?

Here's hoping the cardinal climber (should be a huge supply) and cypress vine will be ready by October 27!

:-)
Posted By: Tonya Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 01:32 AM
wavey
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 01:42 AM
About the return postage...what I do is I don't seal the envelope until I get to the post office. Say the envelope I'm sending costs 3.50 to send then I'd throw in $4 worth of stamps just to make sure I'm totally covered for the return postage. thumbup

I need to see what I have here, but more than likely I'll be in on it. grinnnn
Posted By: comfrey Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 01:46 AM
No one mentioned this...But I assuming this is for flower seeds????
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 01:54 AM
I am in! This is awesome!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 02:20 AM
This is for flowers both annual, biennial and perennial, veggies, herbs, tropicals/houseplants, shrubs and trees. Just no weeds please lol. I guess I should include aquatic plant seeds for all our pond owners out there. Don't want to leave anyone out.

Like you all I am very, very excited. And hope we have a huge sucess.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 04:54 AM
I don't mean to sound ignorant, but can somebody explain to me how this works?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 04:57 AM
I'm in!!!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 05:16 AM
Originally posted by plantqueen:
can somebody explain to me how this works?
All of the seeds we have collected from our plants, etc...we package them up and send them to tkhooper. If you send her 25 packs of seeds, she will send you 25 packs of different seeds back.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 05:35 AM
Hi Penny,

Do you still have my address?

If not pm me and I'll send it to you. Look forward to your seeds. I already have 120 packets layed out ready to send off. Don't forget to tell your gardening friends about the fall fling. We don't want anyone to miss it.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 07:32 AM
I have sent you a pm Tammy thumbup flw flw
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 08:06 AM
Count me in..... thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 10:42 AM
Aw ha, I see the 25 packet reference. That's just an example.
Posted By: Rite2u Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 05:13 PM
oh boy...I'm in...I've got to see what I've got to send in...
Rite
Posted By: amy7467 Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 06:17 PM
Thanks for handling this, Tammy! For those of us who are new to this, what info do you need on the seed packs? Name of the seeds, of course, do you need planting or growing info, or anything else like that?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 06:43 PM
There aren't any hard and fast rules about what you put on the seed packet. I have frequently seen the year harvested and the screen name of the gardener on them. But it's pretty much up to you. Some of the seed templates have room for germination information on them. And some gardeners have packets that look absolutely professional with complete growing instructions.

I usually while away the winter looking up germination instructions and pictures of my new seeds and adding them to my plant profiles. And then building my planting calendar from there.

I hope you will enjoy the Fall Fling Seed Exchange as much as I do.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 08:58 PM
Is there a specific time fram in which the seeds need to be turned in to you by, Tammy? I'm still waiting for a couple plants to give me my seeds!! laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 09:18 PM
2. Mail your seeds no later than October 27th.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 09:46 PM
Let me see what I have and I will probably be in!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 09:51 PM
Hi Land. The October 27th date is assuming that you use regular mail. But if you overnighted you would have a few extra days. But unless you were sending 100 seed packets that may not be worth it. Which of your seeds are you thinking about?

Hi queenie, I hope you will join. I really enjoy it.

Most of us usually end up with a quantity of seeds off of some of our plants and this is a chance to add variety to our seed stashes lol. And spread the bounty.
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 10:21 PM
?1 How many of the same seed pack can you send in?
?2 Can you send in 4 packs of the same flower seeds but
diff, colors?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 10:35 PM
You could if you had to, send in 100 packets of the same seeds. But if it were less than 25 seeds packets of the same kind that would make my job a little easier lol.

Yes you can send in 4 packs of the same flower seeds but in different colors.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 10:45 PM
ofgreyparrot, ss, I must've read that and it went in one eyeball out the other. laugh nutz

TK, I'm mainly waiting on my obedient plant. My phlox is close but isn't quit ready for seed-harvesting yet.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 11:04 PM
Well if you need a little extra time you let me know and I'll try to arrange something.
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 11:04 PM
My seed packs have a picture of the plant, and the name as well as my name and email addy on them.

A hint for those collecting and sending seeds for the first time. Be sure and make sure that the seeds are dry! Sometimes we do not get to planting them right away and if they are not dry, they can mold.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 11:11 PM
Hi Triss,

Have you found that to be mostly with the plastic seed packets or have you had that problem with paper packets too? I haven't run into that problem yet but I'm still pretty new to gardening. The closest I've come is not getting all the meat off of some of the pepper seeds.
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 29th, 2006 at 11:22 PM
I have had the problem with the paper packets I have recieved before. Only once but it is a good reminder. For mine, I just leave them in an open container and give them a shake every day so they get air and dry really well.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 30th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
Thankyou for sharing the information and a technique that works. I still leave paper scattered all over the house with the seeds spread out on it for drying. I definitely couldn't do that if I didn't live alone lol.
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 30th, 2006 at 04:26 AM
I'd love to be able to do it that way but cannot cuz of the kids. I use medicine bottles and keep them in the top drawers of my rolltop. Kids cannot get tot hem and they are right here by the computer so I can just reach up and give them a shake.
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 30th, 2006 at 10:13 AM
I'd like to do this, too...You'll send me your address? I have a lot of seeds drying, but what I consider my best ones are still blooming! Oct 27 should be just right. Is the object of the game to get them to you by Oct 30?
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 30th, 2006 at 11:52 AM
You can count me in! teech teech
And you can bet on alot of seed.My bar is covered in cups of seeds drying.I've actually kinda relocated the bar to microwave cart in kitchen(well.....closer to the ice.....the sodas....& I don't have to move boxes of seed to open bar doors for a different bottle.........)

Suggestion.for the seeds that get ripe later(like my 9 ft plus goldenrod,mex mint marigold,coral bean,fireball hibiscus)why not do a later swap for those who want to trade in their later bloomers .it could just be a part 2..lol
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 30th, 2006 at 06:48 PM
That sounds like an interesting plan. Once we complete this exchange and it goes well we'll see about another one. Or maybe you could just squirrel away some seeds for next years Fall Fling. I know that I was doing that for awhile.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 30th, 2006 at 08:49 PM
Okay count me In too!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - September 30th, 2006 at 10:00 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Posted By: roflol Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 1st, 2006 at 10:34 AM
Well, I was so concerned about my one little Grandpa Ott's MG making a few seeds to put into this swap, and I visited my sister in law today and her front and back yard fences are covered with - Grandpa Ott's MG! So if they set seeds in time for this swap, please be prepared to be inundated with GOMG. If not, well I'll be posting them along with whatever else wasn't ready in time. :-\

I've a sneaking suspicion summer isn't done here!

Re the drying, for the spaghetti squash seed I put them on a Corelleware dish 'cause I was afraid they'd stick to the paper or the paper would stick to the seeds, and they dried good and clean as well. :-)
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 1st, 2006 at 07:27 PM
Outstanding on the squash seeds. Your right they do stick to the paper. I guess that's why I use typing paper rather than paper towels. It's easier to get the seed unstuck lol.

The grampa otto morning glories are really pretty, it would be nice to have them as a part of the Fall Fling.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 1st, 2006 at 07:49 PM
tk, count me in too! I've pm'd you with a bit of other info.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 1st, 2006 at 07:56 PM
I'm so glad you are going to be a part of this. Welcome. I'll go check my mail.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 1st, 2006 at 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Triss:
I have had the problem with the paper packets I have recieved before. Only once but it is a good reminder.
Triss, I assume you are talking about mouldy seeds in paper packets? I use a sectant to poke two holes intoside the packet of bigger seeds (smaal stuf flike poppies and snapdragons are almost always dried when I get them) like peppers or job's tears to let some air through in case the paper doesn't brethe well enough.
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 2nd, 2006 at 12:20 AM
I open mine now Kenny. It really helps to let the air circulate. I use the boxes from Velveeta cheese to keep the seed packs upright.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 2nd, 2006 at 06:55 AM
I'm so excited, I was looking around today and found my motherlode of seeds! I was worried I didn't have that many to send in but I have lots and lots! clp
Posted By: Francine Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 2nd, 2006 at 07:54 AM
tammy ,

you were right I AM interested...i ll do it tommorrow...and thanks for telling me about it.

Franny.....crazy Franny that is...!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 2nd, 2006 at 08:37 AM
I'm getting my seed packets together, I have put my name (comfrey) on the back of all of my packets, so anyone who gets seed I send in can PM me about any seeds that have my name on them and find out about growing, or etc if they need to.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 2nd, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Originally posted by comfrey:
I'm getting my seed packets together, I have put my name (comfrey) on the back of all of my packets, so anyone who gets seed I send in can PM me about any seeds that have my name on them and find out about growing, or etc if they need to.
Good idea Comfrey !! I was wondering if we should do that.. Sounds Ideal to me thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 2nd, 2006 at 10:18 AM
Good idea Comfrey !!
I agree...that sounds like a very good idea.
I always put my name on my seed packs.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 2nd, 2006 at 10:33 AM
Most of my packets have my screen name and the year of harvest on them. Of course since it is hand written I'm not sure it is legiable lol. But I do try.

I'm so glad you are all going to be a part of the exchange.

So far I have received 14 positive responses and I hope to hear of many more. I would love to have at least 40 participants. That's my goal anyway.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 2nd, 2006 at 07:03 PM
Hey all I just harvested a bunch of white cleome seeds for the fall fling. Hope that increases the interest.
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 2nd, 2006 at 11:36 PM
I just harvested a bunch of those today as well.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 3rd, 2006 at 12:14 AM
Great minds think alike I see.

BTW if you have friends on other forums that might be interested in joining the Fall Fling please feel free to invite them.
Posted By: roflol Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 3rd, 2006 at 03:06 AM
ohboyohboyohboy, I had been cranky because it turned warm here in Kansas City (90s) and I'm thinking there's no way the seeds from my MG/cypress/cardinal climbers will be ready for this swap.

*BUT* I was out perusing the fence today and - lo and behold - my "rare" yellow morning glories (the eBay seller's claims, I wouldn't know) are just now blooming soooooo although my biggest "crops" may not make this swap, hopefully with the heat continuing for the next 10 days or so I may actually have seeds from this as well, after I had completely given up hope (the vines had grown well, there were just no flowers).

I'll have some seeds for this swap, but also be in the market for a later swap as well if there is one.

Now I need to look up information on collecting clematis seeds and gazania... I can't believe this whole time I've just been throwing the flower heads away when I deadhead - DOH!
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 3rd, 2006 at 03:12 AM
Clematis seeds, just pick them when they are dry and brown. There should be like an arrowhead shaped seed at the base of the thread thingy (such good terminology!) Could you save some of those yellows for me if you can plese (honestly this is the first time I've ever heard of yellow morning glories!).
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 3rd, 2006 at 03:48 AM
Isit ok to send ornamental grass seeds too? I just picked some today, but have no clue what their exact name is.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 3rd, 2006 at 10:27 AM
bump---kennyso, I know that I would LOVE ornamental grass seeds.....I think it would be great to send some in. smile
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 3rd, 2006 at 10:45 AM
Ornamental grass seeds are fine. If you have a digital camera you might want to post a picture of the plant in the mystery plant section and see if someone can identify it.

Roflol, I'm so glad you will have some seeds to trade this time. And I'm sure that if all goes well with this one that there will be others.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 3rd, 2006 at 11:07 AM
im in thumbup
i just pm tk hooper!
i love sharing seeds, ill have to see what all i have, can we say what all we have?
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 3rd, 2006 at 11:18 AM
well i guess its ok to say what ya have grinnnn white clomes! im gonna put that on my wish list! i only have the pink and purple clomes,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 4th, 2006 at 01:01 AM
Packaging up seeds takes forever! laugh I think I've done 25 so far and I have so many more to go! shk
Posted By: comfrey Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 4th, 2006 at 02:51 AM
Originally posted by loz:
Packaging up seeds takes forever! laugh I think I've done 25 so far and I have so many more to go! shk
Oh I agree with that Loz...I was going strong until I ran out of envelopes, laugh so had to stop and make more and waiting for glue to dry.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 4th, 2006 at 06:52 AM
I fole all of mine instead of using those glue and template ones (it saves a bit of time).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 4th, 2006 at 07:37 AM
I just use paper and tape....make little packets and tape up the sides. I should get back to work on them actually. thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 4th, 2006 at 07:56 AM
I new there was something good about being disabled. I have 80 seed envelopes made up and all my seeds have been packaged since I harvested them. So I am way ahead of the game. The only ones I have to do are the white cleome I took off of the plant right before I threw it way. It was laying on the ground after the last hard rain.
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 4th, 2006 at 09:02 AM
I make my own packets. I print out little pictures then trace the a patterm over them.
I use a glue gun to seal the packets. It holds
it together better I think.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 02:32 AM
I buy them plastic baggies 100 baggies for .97 at walmart,plus I recycle the ones I've recieved and sometimes folks get a bonus!A seed or 3 of what was already in baggie.I use to print up seed packs,till ran outta ink....then bought a refill kit....but the cartridge was dried so the refill didn't work(after a yr)BUT If I buy another cartridge set.I'll be rolling again plus ink to refill!I just picked a 5 gallon bucket of chocolate mint seed heads yesterday.Then moved the plants to the compost.(Hurricane grew them where they we're.I'm sure some seeds will return in that spot for me to thin alot next year.)
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
Please remember me when it comes to the chocolate mint. I really want some of that. Does it breed true? Looking forward to seeing you in the Fall Fling.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 04:35 AM
Hi Everyone,
I would like to try the fall fling seed swap, do you need to have a list of 25 seeds wanted? As I may have a difficult coming up with that many wants...lol

Have a great day
Kratz7
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 06:17 AM
Kratz, I just sent Tammy a list of general things, so I remember putting unusual plants as my first choice! I listed two or three specific things that I wanted so hopefully I will get a wide range of seeds back!

BTW, Tammy, white cleomes where one of my specific choices wink LOL!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Kratz7:
Hi Everyone,
I would like to try the fall fling seed swap, do you need to have a list of 25 seeds wanted? As I may have a difficult coming up with that many wants...lol

Have a great day
Kratz7
The way it generally works is to list a "few" that you would really like, and if it happens those sends are in the pot then you will probable get some of those, plus lots of surprises...There is no way that a list of 25 requests could be filled, but if you just list a few things you would like then there is more of chance you might get those, of course it just depends on what everyone sends in.

Also another suggestions is to state what types of seeds you really would like to have..Like flower seeds, veggie, tree, bushes etc.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 08:36 AM
I'm so glad your joining the Fall Fling Seed Exchange. And Comfrey has hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have explained it nearly as well.
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 10:04 AM
TK, I'm going to the nursery Saturday. If I see a chocolate mint plant, I'll buy it and send you a well wrapped wet sprig with a piece of root attached.
Cross your fingers - it's usually not there, but I THINK I saw it last week.
Glad to do it ! Been wanting some myself, but forgot all about it.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone,

Your information is very useful.....

I think I'll have to get things ready this weekend, including a list of wants...and to have the rest be a surprise would be fun...
I hope of you all decide to join , it sounds like alot of fun....

Does anyone know about how much postage to put on the bubble envelopes? And do you put the self addressed envelope in with the seeds sent?

I'm new to the fall fling, so I'm not sure of things...
And Tk thanks for being the lead swapper....that seems like a Big job....but thanks for being in charge of the Fall Fling seed swap.... I keep telling people I know (gardeners) how cool this website is.... It's a great place to be....

If I want to lead someone to the site I just tell them the gardenr's forum....correct? I have a friend at work that would like to check out this website......

Thanks again, and have a great day.....

Kratz7

smile
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 07:04 PM
the website is www.thegardenhelper.com

As far as postage goes. It depends on the weight and size of the envelope and how far it is traveling. USPS.com is the postal website that will give you all the information you need.

I hope that helps. Have a great day and again thankyou for joining the Fall Fling.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 09:58 PM
Kennyso
white clomes are first on my list too grinnnn im sending in purple and pink clomes seeds.

tammy
im waiting till the last minute to mail mine out, im hopeing to get some love-lies bleeding seeds to send,if i mail it on the 27th, do i mail it reg post or a faster delivery?
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 5th, 2006 at 10:51 PM
you can go to

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home&page=0061calculatepostage

you can enter the zip codes to& from and get estimates.I have a digital scale I use in the kitchen.It only helps me up to 5 lbs.BUT I've averaged between .63-$1.60 on poastage thats useing bubbler envelopes.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 6th, 2006 at 02:16 AM
If you main on the 27th just use regular mail.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 6th, 2006 at 08:46 AM
I'm up to around 50 seed packs made and I have about 20 or so more to do! grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 6th, 2006 at 08:50 AM
WOAH, you are WAY ahead of me. I have FIVE done. I do have a bunch more seeds drying but there is no way I will get close to 50.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 6th, 2006 at 09:07 AM
I have all my packets done, about 70 or so. I am hopeful that there is going to be a part 2 to this swap so I saved some seeds in case there is a second swap. If not I'll just give them out with trades.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 6th, 2006 at 12:16 PM
WOW! everybodys ahead of me! im still working on my packets. i already got seeds harvested from all my flowers [except my love-lies-bleeding] ill finish the packets this weekend and fill em up,

Tammy
how many people have joined the fall fling seed swap so far?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 6th, 2006 at 07:41 PM
We have around twenty or so, it is looking pretty good so far. I harvested a money plant seed pod this week. So I may have one packet of those for the swap. I know they are aggressive under the right conditions but I put mine in a raised bed and they were very well behaved if a little short.

BTW if anyone wants to send me a list of the seeds they are sending in ahead of time. That would be great. I'm starting to work on the master list and if I can cut and paste it will go much quicker. We are doing a master list so that if there is a question about a packet of seeds we can get back to the sender to ask them about it.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 6th, 2006 at 10:59 PM
Tammy,
i just pm you my list, i have this fear of sending seeds everybody already has! sca shocked
Posted By: roflol Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 01:04 AM
Is Gold Star Esperanza worth sending in? I obtained (coughswipedcough) two pods at a big box store over the summer not knowing anything other than what they were coming off of (plants were full of pods), and they've dried and I just looked them up to make sure what came out of the pods were actually seeds.

I'll save some to try to grow here in pots early spring, but thought I'd better ask before sending this in.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 01:18 AM
You have a PM Tammy.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 01:56 AM
roflol, I'm not all that conversant with seeds but I do believe I've seen those mentioned in the plant and flower section as being very pretty. So I'd be very happy to see some in the exchange.

Hi Sibyl, don't worry about duplicates. If I have to I'll send some of the same type of seeds back to people but they will be from someone elses seeds. So if nothing else well be strengthening the genetic mix. So far I don't see that being a problem yet.

Hi Comfrey, I got the pm's and everything is a ok so far. I'm enjoying this very much.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 03:08 AM
Oooo, I should harvest some wonder egg seeds just in case somebody would want some. thumbup
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 04:52 AM
loz count me in please! Haven't heard of them but they sound interesting!

Tammy, I'll send you my list later tonight and I'll resend you the original list just in case! I've run into a little problem so I'm oging to try my best to resolve it with you ASAP...my homework can wait until tomorrow! Just outta curosity, thanksgiving is Monday for us up here, I believe it's in November for you guys down in the states, am I right? (all this time I was thinking how can I send tk all my seeds on the 27 (two week after thanksgiving) and get them back the week after thanksgiving shocked )
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 05:04 AM
Those of use state-side celebrate thanksgiving on November 23rd this year.
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 08:46 AM
TK

Sent you my list.
Posted By: suzydaze Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 08:12 PM
I'm in Cindy. I have been so tired lately. I just can not seem to get rested lately. I'll get togather a few seeds and mail in. Thanks...I need your address cindy
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 09:17 PM
Belinda...tkhooper is going to handle the seeds... thumbup
.......not ME! sca laugh

Doing something like that would have me so confused I'd probably end up crazy.
(Well...crazier!) shocked
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 7th, 2006 at 11:10 PM
Hi Cindy, I've sent belinda a pm with my address. So you are off of the hook lol. You know I'll take care of you the best I can my friend.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 8th, 2006 at 04:01 AM
i got 70 packets made! AND MORE TO GO, is it ok if we put a few more seeds in than 20 ? cause i know i lost count a few times, and just threw in a few more just to be on the safe side.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 8th, 2006 at 04:19 AM
I'm pretty sure you can put in a few more seeds, I know I put in there way more than 20 snapdragon seeds! LOL
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 8th, 2006 at 04:42 AM
Kenny
i did that with my pink and purple clomes! grinnnn i was useing a glue stick to seel the packets, and just used the lid to scoop em up! laugh much more eaiser
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 8th, 2006 at 04:49 AM
I put purple cleomes on my wish list wink wink smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 8th, 2006 at 05:22 AM
Most of my packets have more than 20 seeds--all except for my White Hyacinth Vines....I only harvested 20 of them so I only threw in 15 I think......so I'm sorry I'm 5 short on one packet, but I wanted to make sure I kept a few for myself......

I'm up to around 70 packets made up now too! thumbup muggs Still have a few more to make.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 8th, 2006 at 05:26 AM
I'm sure with something as special as white hycinth bean vine the receiver of the packet will still be happy with 15 seeds. It sounds like everyone is doing really great getting their seeds ready. It looks like we are going to have a very nice selection of seeds.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 8th, 2006 at 05:37 AM
im gonna package up more purple clomes thumbup
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 8th, 2006 at 08:08 AM
Can't wait to see what goodies I get back! I'm so excited about my first seed fling! Just wondering if I'm ok feeling so anxious or am I going whack-er than usual?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Swap - October 8th, 2006 at 09:23 AM
Tammy, would you like to open a new one please? I'm shutting this one down. smile
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]