A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Bill Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:27 AM
A long time ago this forum was invaded by a group of scumbags who were intent on disrupting the peace that we all had come to enjoy here. I decided that I needed help to keep our forum alive and safe for our members. I looked around and found four awesome ladies that I trusted to help me in my endeavor.
I have never regretted my choices because they are all wonderful and have helped me keep my sanity here. I love them all! Back then, we had a thousand members. Today, there are still just the five of us, but we have 8000 members.
Today... like that day a few years ago, I made an executive decision that we NEED hostesses... for my sake... for your sake... and for the good of all our members... we needed more help!
Today, I made the decision that our new hostess will be Cindy Lou. I trust and respect her and sincerely hope that you will all welcome her and show her the respect that she has certainly earned....
Cindy.... will you please do me the honor of becoming our new forum hostess? Please?
kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:30 AM
kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:36 AM
Holy CRAP!
I was just reading my email and a PM notification popped up from someone congratulating me, and I about broke my leg getting back here! shk

Cindy.... will you please do me the honor of becoming our new forum hostess? Please?
Does this mean if I am a hostess I have to be good all the time? shk
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:36 AM
BTW... I know this sounds like an option, but like it or not... Cindy... YOU ARE A HOSTESS!!! (Jiffy, Karen, Weezie, and Loz didn't get a choice either!)
kissies
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:36 AM
OMG BILL ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THE FORUM IS GONNA BLOW UP!!!!!!! just kidding....that's fantastic! I can't think of anybody else that would make a better one smile when cindy see's this she's gonna spit beam and pepsi outta her nose!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:38 AM
Does this mean if I am a hostess I have to be good all the time?
does cindy even know how to be good?? when you find out how to be good please teach me how to cindy! eek seriously cindy wtg! that is soooo good! I never saw this happening laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:39 AM
Does this mean if I am a hostess I have to be good all the time?
laugh You can be bad a little....I know some other hostess that doesn't always behave....but I'm not naming names.... grinnnn
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:44 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> Holy CRAP!
I was just reading my email and a PM notification popped up from someone congratulating me, and I about broke my leg getting back here! p
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:47 AM
Are you surprised??
Yes...I'm waiting for the forum to explode! laugh
I need a drink!
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:47 AM
Congratulations Cindy!!!!

kissies [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:51 AM
Now you won't have to worry about opening CH's, just closing them..... laugh thumbup

She's probably making herself the biggest drink right about now.... laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:51 AM
OMG!!!!!!!

THIS IS SOOOO TOTALLY COOL!!!!!

I'M BOUNCING OFF OF THE WALLS!!!!!!

Great choice,Bill thumbup She will make a fine addition to the hostesses thumbup

WOW!!

muggs muggs
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:53 AM
I'M STILL BOUNCING!!!

laugh muggs laugh
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:53 AM
Cindy.... You didn't answer me.... Duh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:57 AM
She doesn't have a choice remember......and she's already branded a hostess on her pic and all....

So there's no backing out!!!! thumbup muggs clp
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:00 AM
She's probably making herself the biggest drink right about now....
Yep...and I wasn't gonna drink tonight!
(oh, that's a big lie!) laugh kissies
...but do I get to keep my Problem Child title? sca
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:08 AM
I would be proud to be a hostess, Bill...
...but do I get to keep my Problem Child title?
Thank you Problem Child! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:10 AM
Congratulations,Cindy kissies
Posted By: Merme Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:11 AM
afgrey ~

kissies

Merme
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:12 AM
Originally posted by gardenmom32210:
Congratulations,Cindy kissies
Oh yeah..... You're still my lil' Dingbat too! kissies
Posted By: BeckyB Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:13 AM
CONGRATULATIONS CINDY!!!!!
kissies thumbup clp
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:16 AM
Oh yeah..... You're still my lil' Dingbat too!
shocked muggs
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:19 AM
Sorry I'm being so quiet...I'm stunned... shk
...and flattered...and proud that you would ask me to be a hostess.
But sorta freaked out because I'm not a very good person to be setting an example for anyone else...wasn't it just last week-end I talked everyone into trying to explode the Coffeehouse with 154 posts? shocked laugh
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:19 AM
Perfect job for you. You know what to look for.
Good choice Bill. thumbup
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:28 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> Sorry I'm being so quiet...I'm stunned... kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:34 AM
I know I will never regret my decision.... will I?
laugh laugh laugh lala
Posted By: Patty S Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Bill:
Cindy.... You didn't answer me.... Duh
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
Yes...
I saw it... that's an answer, in my book! [Linked Image]
So does this mean we can't have fun anymore? (As in: Coffee House 174 ...page 11 - closed by Cindy on the 153rd post! )

I'm bookmarking this one... for posterity... cuz it looks like the end of an era! laugh laugh

NOW WHAT, Cindy? thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: JV Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:41 AM
Congrats Cindy [Linked Image]<-----Cindy. Bill you could not have selected a better person. Cindy I am so proud for you. We have our own Alien Hostess now.
Jimmy
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:42 AM
NOW WHAT, Cindy?
Well...like I've said many times...I think Bill should go on vacation and leave me in charge of the forum! grinnnn
laugh laugh [Linked Image] laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:50 AM
thumbup laugh
Now that would be interesting..... p
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 07:55 AM
NOW WHAT, Cindy?
Well...like I've said many times...I think Bill should go on vacation and leave me in charge of the forum! grinnnn
laugh laugh [Linked Image] laugh laugh
I can assure you that you would be much better of dealing with my wrath, than if you had to deal with Jiffy's! sca
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 08:02 AM
Well, there goes my little prank I was wanting to play on Catlover! :rolleyes:

I told Jiffy a few weeks ago that when Catlover was here sometime I was going to try to get you to put "Hostess" under my name for a few minutes just to freak her out! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 08:04 AM
Are you still a virgin to the Hostess Lounge????
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 08:15 AM
thumbup grinnnn clp Way to go, Cinja L. Hostess Moore!
Posted By: Patty S Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 08:19 AM
Cindy, sweetie, are you going to tell us **what goes on** in there? [Linked Image]

(Wanna borrow my camera?) [Linked Image]
Posted By: BeckyB Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 08:35 AM
...wasn't it just last week-end I talked everyone into trying to explode the Coffeehouse with 154 posts?
So how many posts does it take to explode a coffeehouse?
Duh perpl
"The world may never know...."
lala
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 08:42 AM
Originally posted by loz:
Yep...I wanted to give you time to go in there and delete all the times you all have talked about me!
laugh laugh p
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 08:46 AM
That would be 0! p laugh p
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 09:39 AM
Well...I am GLAD I didn't miss tjis altogether!
Congrats Cindy Helenina Hostess....Bill could not have made a better choice...but why do I keep hearing that.."MWHHAAAA HAAA HAA" in the back ground? laugh Duh

laugh laugh laugh

kissies for you Cinja.....

~V~
Posted By: mike57 Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 09:42 AM
thumbup I think Bill made a great choice in making you a Hostess.you are so out going with a nice personalty.now you can be as bad as you wonna be laugh we all know your really a p laugh Your friend in gardening.Mike57
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 10:09 AM
Cindy Lou, instead of you being good all the time maybe we all can be BAD. Oh boy!!!!
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 10:21 AM
so does this mean we still can't blame everything on cindy?? frown
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 10:39 AM
Originally posted by MissJamie:
so does this mean we still can't blame everything on cindy?? frown
Oh, heck no! Its ALWAYS Cindy's fault! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 10:40 AM
thumbup Exactly! thumbup p

laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 10:41 AM
p
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 10:49 AM
This calls for...

[Linked Image]

Congrats, Cindy! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 10:56 AM
Giant Dancing Banana!!!!!!

Party Time!!!!

Wooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 11:08 AM
Congratulations, Cindy! grinnnn

Dianna
Posted By: sybil Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 12:58 PM
Wow . could not have made a better choice.

Not only do we have the gal who sometimes needs to put the "cuckoo" back in the clock..but one of the most passionate & caring people I have "talked" to on the forum.
Cindy , I am sooo Proud (little dumbfounded too)
kidding..
You are a great choice . little nuts, lotsa fun, great sense of humanity, integrity & all round good fun.. kissies clp luv nutz
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 01:14 PM
Oh, sybil, thank you!

...and I thank everyone for the kind words.

You all are always so nice to me!
I remember when I first joned the forum...and was so scared nobody would talk to me. And now I can honestly say my best friends and family are here...right where I feel the most at home...on the forum.
Posted By: sybil Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 01:43 PM
I know what you mean about not talking , afraid of being accepted,
you people have the "bestest" hearts around.
I "lurk" a lot aound here and don't respond as much as I really want to . But I've always come back especially when I'm in the "funk".. ya'll get me back up just listening to your banter , good wishes and prayers for everyone.
This is really a great place to be..

Again Cinja,,congrats( now don;\'t *&%# it up too bad K) laugh cool
Posted By: Patty S Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 03:09 PM
Not only do we have the gal who sometimes needs to put the "cuckoo" back in the clock..but one of the most passionate & caring people I have "talked" to on the forum.
Cindy , I am sooo Proud (little dumbfounded too)
kidding..
You are a great choice . little nuts, lotsa fun, great sense of humanity, integrity & all round good fun..
WOW! Sybil, no one can put it any better or more succinctly than THAT! Thanx for the beautiful words, in honor of our CindyStar!

***** I second what Sybil said! thumbup
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 06:36 PM
Congratulations Cindy. I am so pleased for you.
kissies lets party!! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: barleychown Re: Once upon a time........ - February 5th, 2006 at 11:50 PM
Cindy, Congrats! Bill could not have chosen a better person. kissies
Posted By: Thornius Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 12:30 AM
I'ma gonna cry for Joy!
Posted By: Triss Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 06:31 AM
Oh Cindy, I am so happy for you and very sorry I missed the party. Great choice Bill! It is a great honor to be choosen to help you run this big ole happy home of ours and I am so glad that we have Cindy on board to keep everyone in order!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 06:35 AM
I am so glad that we have Cindy on board to keep everyone in order!
Cindy you know I love you and all kissies , but what Triss said just sounds so funny! laugh p laugh

Imagine, YOU keeping everyone in order.....it just doesn't sound right.... p
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 06:35 AM
and I am so glad that we have Cindy on board to keep everyone in order!
nutz

laugh laugh laugh

lala
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 06:36 AM
Yo me one, Loz! laugh muggs
Posted By: Triss Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 06:37 AM
Well I meant "everyone else" out there who may try and cause trouble here.... not those of us who GET to cause trouble here laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 06:44 AM
Congrats Cindy, You fit the bill perfectly. No pun intended I promise. hehehehe
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 08:40 AM
cindy lou... you asked a vital question...
do i have to behave all the time now
the answer is NO... you just get to make everyone else behave laugh laugh laugh laugh so glad you are here... kissies let me know if you need anything...

and bill... that comment...
... the wrath of jiffy...
i have 2 things to say about that... 1) :p and 2) we will talk about that in the lounge... thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Catlover will be SO excited for you Cindy! thumbup clp
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 09:03 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by loz:
<strong> Catlover will be SO excited for you Cindy! kissies now, if she would just get home and/or call me back!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 09:07 AM
Jiffy...are you EXCITED or something? laugh
kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 09:27 AM
We're all excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 09:29 AM
You reckon Bill was excited when he sobered up and realized he made me a hostess? shk

laugh laugh laugh [Linked Image] laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 09:37 AM
You reckon Bill was excited when he sobered up and realized he made me a hostess? shk

laugh laugh laugh [Linked Image] laugh laugh laugh
YES! and 3 out of the 4 other hostesses were too!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 10:06 AM
sca
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 10:08 AM
kissies
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 10:13 AM
Originally posted by loz:
kissies
[Linked Image]
EXACTLY!! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 10:20 AM
I never thought I'd have a reason to use that graphic :rolleyes: ...I've been saving it for the right time and this seems just about like the right time. frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 10:31 AM
thumbup looks like the perfect time to me!

and yes, i am excited, and catlover called me back (finally :rolleyes: ) and she's as happy as we are! clp
Posted By: Thornius Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 01:55 PM
I stole your new graphic, loz.
Posted By: catlover Re: Once upon a time........ - February 6th, 2006 at 05:02 PM
I know some other hostess that doesn't always behave....but I'm not naming names....
I'll name names....It's all Lozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and the Jifster! p

I seem to recall a conversation several months ago nominating crit Cindy to work on the Plants and Flowers topic. Jiffy and Loz...you remember that conversation ....RIGHT!!!!....it also included the plants and flowers archive. laugh

Seriously....congratulations kiddo....wait a minute...your older than I am. laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 01:54 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know some other hostess that doesn't always behave....but I'm not naming names....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll name names....It's all Lozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and the Jifster!
Actually p
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 03:22 AM
I think kit was outted when she sent me the purple rubber gloves!
lala
Posted By: Patty S Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 04:43 AM
I seem to recall a conversation several months ago nominating Cindy to work on the Plants and Flowers topic. Jiffy and Loz...you remember that conversation ....RIGHT!!!!....it also included the plants and flowers archive.
p Like you ACTUALLY think that'd stop her! [Linked Image]
...OR US... We'd break her outta there, in no time! p

Better go back to the drawing board! laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 06:36 AM
You guys plan to make our Cindy hang out in the Archive dungeon?
But archiving is a lot of ummmmm, fun--yeh that's it...it's SO much fun....Cindy would just love it. wink lala
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 06:37 AM
You won't put me in there...because you all know that I know NOTHING about plants!
laugh p laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 06:39 AM
sca lala wink

laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 06:41 AM
Does it involve a toga party? grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 06:43 AM
Hey how did you know that! shk

That's supposed to be TOP SECRET..... wink We have some crazy toga parties in the lounge, let me tell you! lala
Posted By: Triss Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 07:23 AM
Toga parties, cool! I want in! Are there any openings for another hostess and if so where do I send my application. laugh
Posted By: pcgrav Re: Once upon a time........ - February 7th, 2006 at 11:08 AM
A bit late but...
CONGRATS on your appointment Mz.Cindy!!! clp clp
Posted By: JV Re: Once upon a time........ - February 8th, 2006 at 07:27 PM
by cindy You won't put me in there...because you all know that I know NOTHING about plants!
Cindy I really thought you were going to say you couldn't work in Archives because you didin't know anything about Arche's except fallen arche's. p
Jimmy
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Once upon a time........ - February 9th, 2006 at 12:21 AM
wink
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 11th, 2006 at 02:45 PM
Thank you everyone for the party tonight... kissies

Thank you Bill for having faith in me after all I've put you through here...earning my "Problem Child" status.

kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 11th, 2006 at 11:37 PM
The party was great, and I'm so glad that I got to be a part of it! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Once upon a time........ - February 13th, 2006 at 11:07 AM
ters and i'm sorry i missed it!
Posted By: moondance Re: Once upon a time........ - February 21st, 2006 at 11:24 AM
WOW!! leave for a few weeks and all H### brecks out! Congraduts Cindy- what a way to start the year huh?! Too cool!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Once upon a time........ - February 21st, 2006 at 11:40 AM
laugh
Thanks!
Pretty hard to believe, huh? grinnnn
Posted By: wildwoodflower Re: Once upon a time........ - February 22nd, 2006 at 07:00 AM
congratulations cindy and all od the members. it's us'uns that are blessed by you!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]