A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: MaryReboakly Posting Pics using photobucket - July 27th, 2005 at 02:07 AM
Hi all wavey
I thought I'd put together a quick tutorial for those of you that need a little help posting pictures to the forum. I recommend photobucket, and have set up this site to help you get started. I hope it helps wink

Mary\'s Photobucket Tutorial
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - July 27th, 2005 at 05:43 AM
That's a good Idea Mary
I use photobucket, but I click on the image button,right click then paste the picture. wavey
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - July 27th, 2005 at 06:33 AM
COOL! thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Huntington Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - July 27th, 2005 at 08:36 AM
Good show, Mary!
You helped me w/Paintbucket and I will recommend your site to one of the Seniors parte in my Digital Photo course.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - July 27th, 2005 at 11:13 AM
Now, are you giving the course or taking it? I'm still confused on that one laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: topcat Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - July 27th, 2005 at 11:34 AM
I use photobucket, I just copy and paste either the IMG or the link to the picture.
Posted By: Huntington Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - July 27th, 2005 at 11:14 PM
Hi Mary:
Trying to catch up to your 648 postings confused
Reason for confusion: I team teach MSWORD at the same place I'm studying (student) digital photography.
Team teaching is easier kit
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - July 28th, 2005 at 04:30 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh! wink I gotcha! Cool gig ya got there...I miss teaching! Good luck with the digital photography class thumbup
Posted By: Huntington Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - July 29th, 2005 at 04:17 AM
Thanx, Mary
After putzing around since Chritmas, I learned more about digi-cam in 3 hours than I had in the previous 7 months. Instructor retired engineer (Gruman/Bethpage) very well organized and provided us with 1st rate up-to-date manual. Way surperior to camera manufacturer's book.
Got 6 more classes (3 hrs/per) and expect professional status by the time it is all over.
Again, appreciate intro to paintbucket thumbup thumbup
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - July 30th, 2005 at 10:56 PM
Wow - may be you can pass along some tips when ya get done. I did save something from an online seminar I went to about digi photog basics, with lighting a huge focus. I'll PM it to you as soon as I finish putting it together though it may be stuff you already know by now - and if any one else is interested, let me know and I'd be glad to send it along!
Posted By: Finess Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 1st, 2005 at 03:31 AM
I use photbucke and I think they are great check out a few of my dl's

http://photobucket.com/albums/0603/Finess/
Posted By: phoenix Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 2nd, 2005 at 03:44 AM
wHAT GORGEOUS LILLIES FINESS
That carmen lilly is VERY pretty wink laugh
Posted By: Merme Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 3rd, 2005 at 10:02 AM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, MARY!

I am a total innocent when it comes to the computer and yet, I was able to do your tutorial and EASILY post a bunch of links to photos for the Gardening With Disabilities Forum!

Thank you so!

Merme
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 3rd, 2005 at 10:15 AM
Finess, what gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

Coolio Merme! thumbup muggs Glad I could help!
Posted By: Jimmy_Hitler Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 20th, 2005 at 12:11 AM
A great site that i use all the time that allows you to use bigger photos is www.imageshack.us

just upload it, then copy the link to the photo. laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 20th, 2005 at 12:56 AM
Yep, we have several members who have
theirs there too, but most of us aren't
and we have to be a member to be able to
view it....
Most of the time that's why we recommend
Photobucket...

ther'es also Webshots too *I couldn't figure
out how to load and one or two other places as well.
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 23rd, 2005 at 09:47 PM
Mary,
EXCELLENT tutorial! teech Thanks so much!

Do you know why a photo that I posted (using the IMG tag) would show up last night when I posted it, but now its a little broken link?
I found out that my photobucket account was private, so I fixed that. WIll that eventually fix the photo I posted?

THANKS for the info!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 23rd, 2005 at 10:04 PM
Kath...use the top line under your picture...
...the URL line. thumbup
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 24th, 2005 at 02:16 AM
But Cindy... Then it just posts the link TO the picture. I want those eyes starting back at you from the page!!! grinnnn
Do I still use the URL?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 24th, 2005 at 02:49 AM
To put the pic of my eyes on the page, I click the "image" button.
When the box pops up, I backspace over the blue http: that is already there, then copy the url (top line under my photo in photobucket) to the image box, then click O.K.

[Linked Image]

Sha-ZAAM!
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 24th, 2005 at 08:01 AM
lemme try!!! lemme try!!

HEY... I don' see no Image button!!!

Off at the left I see "html is not enabled. UBB code is enabled" and Graemlins, of course.

Is it a setting in my profile? (I'll go look in the meantime)
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 24th, 2005 at 08:12 AM
AHHH. FOUND IT. "Full reply form'...

[Linked Image]

VOYLAH, too!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 24th, 2005 at 08:44 AM
AHHH. FOUND IT. "Full reply form'...
Full Reply Form is where it HAPPENS! thumbup

[Linked Image]

Cindy Sue
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 24th, 2005 at 08:47 AM
Dang!
Your eyes are bigger than my eyes!

I gotta go get bigger eye pictures!

But, in the meantime...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 25th, 2005 at 02:41 AM
Adding in nose, bangs and bird doesn't make for bigger eyes!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 25th, 2005 at 07:53 AM
Here's my picture......
[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 25th, 2005 at 08:20 AM
laugh
I scrolled down and that scared the crap out of me! p

Adding in nose, bangs and bird doesn't make for bigger eyes!!!
Yeah...but I got extra points for it! grinnnn
(Didn't I?) nutz
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 25th, 2005 at 10:25 AM
afgrey... Of COURSE you did!! AYGSELLINT!!!

I do think you can probably teach me a THING or TWOOOO about photoediting sometime!! I have the tools, I jus' don't have the 'WTH is going on here' to make it goooo!

althooooo...
Gotta go get some eyes.. (probably not sized right..dang)..
Be right back.
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 25th, 2005 at 10:40 AM
Photoshop Elements is not my friend right now. mad Saving made items unacceptable to PhotoBucket. jpg. but "bad jpg".

i weally do have more good eyes to share...

really frown shocked
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 25th, 2005 at 10:45 AM
"bad jpg".
Man, I'm scared of bad jpgs. p
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 25th, 2005 at 10:46 AM
Weezie...
Now that I'm frustrated with Photoshop.. Maybe I'll go watch LOTR!!! All tonight. YEAH!! THAT"S the ticket! (okay not really, but i would LOVE to!) Thanks for the visit from Smeagol!

Oh. Those ARE Gollums eyes, aren't they??! sca

Okay, I'll just close MY eyes and _think_ of Smeagol! cool lala
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 25th, 2005 at 11:15 AM
[Linked Image]

Okay. Probably only took me 2 hours.
Your time is more like "30 minutes" if that, huh?

Huh, Cindy!? Huh? muggs (those are boxing gloves in those gremlin's hands! right? arent' they? tha's the way i like to fight.)
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 25th, 2005 at 11:16 AM
Geez. Those ARE big aren't they.

(Back to drawing board.. Must lean to shrink.. save realestate...shrink!!)
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 26th, 2005 at 06:32 AM
Very Cool Eyes ya got there Kath.....
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 26th, 2005 at 10:17 AM
I dunno. They scare me now! sca I have to make them about .5" by .25" and then maybe I won't dream about them.

what was I thinking? frown shocked
Posted By: Kath-pdx Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 31st, 2005 at 09:48 PM
I'm wondering if this is worth a new subject, but maybe its best Right here!

Does anyone know if it is possible to SEQUENCE photos within Photobucket? Or is this just a 'dumb' holding space that shows them in descending order to when you upload the photo?
I've found that I have forgotten to post photos that occurred earlier in the process of something I'm showing, and I'd love to have them grouped better.

Ideas? Duh

THANKS for this thread!!
gab wink
Posted By: newgardner Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - November 2nd, 2005 at 08:47 PM
Is photobucket a free account. Can you also tell me a the benefits of it.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - November 3rd, 2005 at 01:15 AM
Newgardner,
It's FREE, you put your pictures on it,
and then link them here for people to see..
Like if you had a Mystery Plant, and you posted
the picture in our Mystery Section..

Some places' limit amounts, this one place is like
250 pictures, and I think that's per album...
Ask maybe Cindy/Afgreyparrot, she use's it alot
and has different albums for different stuff...
Posted By: dodge Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - December 28th, 2005 at 08:43 AM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/country_gentlewoman/detail?.dir=13fe&.dnm=7b8c.jpg&.src=ph

I DODGE HERE, USE YAHOO.COM........
CLICK ON ME AND SEE .
flw
JUST THINKING OUT LOUD... luv
DODGE
Posted By: Tipster_Chad Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - April 23rd, 2006 at 10:23 AM
Thanks a BUNCH, Mary!!! I LOVE photobucket!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - April 23rd, 2006 at 08:13 PM
photobucket has a free service - which has a pretty decent amount of storage space. you can also upgrade and increase the storage space and i think you get a couple of other things with the paid account - not sure as i'm still going with the freebie...they've recently added a few things to it. you can create nice slideshows now.
Posted By: earthnut Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - April 26th, 2006 at 10:44 AM
I use geocities... testing out the images since it doesn't seem to be working in my sig.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - April 26th, 2006 at 11:03 AM
I'd tried fixin' it..

I got most of it??
Posted By: boke Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - June 2nd, 2006 at 04:18 PM
thanks for the tut Mary! Now to go give it a try with some mystery plants to see if someone can name them!
Posted By: StaceyRoop Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - August 11th, 2006 at 08:11 AM
Mary I love your tutorial..........question can I use it to tell people how to use photobucket by copying and pasting it somewhere else? I don't want to pirate it but I think it is a great tool.

Just asking.

~Stacey
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 8th, 2006 at 10:00 PM
i am trying!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 8th, 2006 at 10:03 PM
it is just putting the word photobucket, ok I need more coffee eek laugh confused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 8th, 2006 at 10:56 PM
Did you figure it out? wavey
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 8th, 2006 at 11:09 PM
wavey howdy loz, I am fixing to go to photobucket & try again. give me a minute.............
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 8th, 2006 at 11:10 PM
see, it doesn't put the pic it puts the url? Duh
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 8th, 2006 at 11:24 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 8th, 2006 at 11:24 PM
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not hitting image, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh laugh

thank you Mary, Loz & weezie kissies
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 8th, 2006 at 11:43 PM
Woooooooooooo~hooooooooooo!!!
Yeah!!!
You got it...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 9th, 2006 at 12:37 AM
muggs clp Awesome!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 9th, 2006 at 01:08 AM
thank you, using photobucket is fun.I think i figured out how to put the url under my sig. Let me try it...............i'm not soing something right so brb
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 9th, 2006 at 01:19 AM
I fixed it for you!!!
**Just needed a space between your smiley
face guy there and your photobucket account...
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 9th, 2006 at 01:24 AM
oh weezie, ty! I told u I am a ditz today!It is the little things I can't figure out today. whew nutz laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 9th, 2006 at 01:25 AM
thumbup Glad you got it on.. grinnnn
I will take a peak later, gotta go get #1 child.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 10th, 2006 at 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Kath-pdx:
I'm wondering if this is worth a new subject, but maybe its best Right here!

Does anyone know if it is possible to SEQUENCE photos within Photobucket? Or is this just a 'dumb' holding space that shows them in descending order to when you upload the photo?
I've found that I have forgotten to post photos that occurred earlier in the process of something I'm showing, and I'd love to have them grouped better.

Ideas? Duh

THANKS for this thread!!
gab wink
I found that if you go back and put things in alphabetical or numerical orde the buck will load the way you want it to ...in order....

take a look "at the tea room page" on the my photobucket page...I had to re-do twice before I figured it out....

I took photos of the tea room in a certain sequence and had to go through and put it in alphabetical order...otherwise the bucket uploads randomly...let me know if this works....

P.S. you will need to delete all the photos in the album , change the names to alphabetical order and then re-upload in the abc order back onto the bucket....

good luck...send me the link to view.....please

Kratz7 Charlie

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: Posting Pics using photobucket - September 11th, 2006 at 05:03 AM
In the Account Options (top\right of the window) at PhotoBucket, you can select one of three methods to have your images sorted as you upload them.

You also have the option to Move an image after you've already loaded it.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]