A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: weezie13 Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 07:06 AM
Jiffy just called and told me we all need to send kissies .

She's having a bad re~action to the treatment
plan she's on, and they won't be able do anything until tomorrow, so they can re~evalute it....
angell angell angell
So, PLEASE send allllllllll the prayers you can for her at this time...
angell angell angell

Keep our Karen feeling better and get her healed...

We miss you Karen, and need you to get better!!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 07:24 AM
I'm praying.

I miss Catlover so bad. ters
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 07:38 AM
Prayers for Catlover. She hasn't been here much since I joined but from the way all of you talk I wish she had been. My very best wishes for her now.
Posted By: JV Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 08:01 AM
Also just got off phone with Jiffy. Sending my love and prayers for Karen kit catlover miss her picking on me. Get well very soon Karen we miss and Love you.
Jimmy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 08:15 AM
Oooooh, I've missed Catlover sooooo much!
I've been thinking of her a lot lately and wondering when she'll return...

Karen - heartfelt wishes for a quick turn-around, and that you feel much better very soon! kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 08:18 AM
Karen, I hope that they get this reaction under control. You have so many people thinking of you and rpaying for you. We miss you so much and want you back with us very soon. Love to you!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 08:54 AM
an update on catlover... or rather, more detail. i have talked to her 3 times tonight. the first time, she scared the sh** out of me. i literally scrolled through my phone trying to find someone to get on and post this. kissies thank you weezie.

the short of what she won't skin me alive for spilling is this. she has fibro, several of you may know about that as she has dealt with it for years. now, she has developed 2 MORE auto-immune disorders, in a combination that less than 1% of all patients who have any one of them have the combo. standard treatment, which from what i gather is mostly anti-inflammatories and prednisone aren't sufficiently effective, so now they are working on other treatment plans. the first one they put her on helped her some (that is why we saw her a little for a few days) but the side-effects were not so good. so they switched to a different option thinking the side effects would be better. WRONG

you know when you get a medicine and the warning label says "if you experience any of these symptoms, discontinue use and call your doctor immediately as this could be fatal" ? well, the call is in to her dr, and she needs all the prayers anyone can give her. PLEASE.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 08:56 AM
All of my love kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 09:42 AM
Jiffy, Thank you so much for letting us know what is going on with Karen. I did not know what was going on with her and very much appreciate knowing. I am going to continue praying until we hear that she is better.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 09:46 AM
thank you all for the prayers...
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 10:56 AM
lifting her up in prayer
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 11:19 AM
I'll definately be keeping her in my prayers. I've been wondering about where she's been. get well soon catlover! we need you to chase after us with the rubber gloves if our pm boxes get full eek kissies
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 11:21 AM
Prayers going out from here too!
Nana
Posted By: tamara Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 08:32 PM
Prayers and thoughts have been sent for Karen and her family.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 08:49 PM
[Linked Image]

Hope you are feeling better real soon kissies
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 09:07 PM
Prayers from SC, too...

angell angell angell

Dianna
Posted By: barleychown Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 10:34 PM
Catlover, you are very missed. angell angell
Posted By: Merme Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 10:39 PM
All prayers, always.

Merme
Posted By: sybil Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 21st, 2006 at 11:58 PM
I hope they find something soon that she can tolerate and function with..My thoughts are with you Karen kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 22nd, 2006 at 05:41 AM
I've spoken with either Karen or her daughter 3 times today. the first was about 15 minutes before the dr's office opened, the second had the dr planning to return the call by 1 pm her time (they felt that they could handle this by phone as her symptoms were "under control"). i just called her again (35 min after the dr was supposed to call) and the dr had not called back yet mad her daughter was going to be calling them again. it will be late before i can post again, but if i get any more news, i'll call someone to post for me. PLEASE KEEP PRAYING
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 22nd, 2006 at 08:45 AM
Jiffy called me and asked me to let you all know the update on Catlover. The doctor has ordered her immediately on activated charcoal to rid her body of the "bad" medication she had taken. They will put her back on the medication that she was on initially. She is slowly getting better now. Keep praying for her.

Catlover, I'm praying for a speedy recovery and for this all to be behind you! kissies
Posted By: Francine Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 22nd, 2006 at 12:54 PM
my thought and prayers and our gardenerd positive thinking will get her soon fast.

Franny. wavey luv
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 22nd, 2006 at 02:45 PM
Karen my thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Having Fibro myself, I know how very difficult & painful it can be....the added medication trials are just over the edge. I am so sorry you had such a bad reaction...hopefully by now it is getting lined out.
I am specifically praying for comfort & rest for you... kissies

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 22nd, 2006 at 11:05 PM
the catlover update is that she is now on meds to counteract/remove the latest from her system. it was just too toxic for her. but, she's going to be fine. i'll post again after i talk to her at lunch time.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 22nd, 2006 at 11:11 PM
but, she's going to be fine.
I'm so glad to hear that.
I pray for her many times a day... angell
...and miss her so very much. ters
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 05:38 AM
Catlover update: I spoke with her after lunch, and she is slowly getting some relief. The charcoal meds are nasty, but the effect of having the nasty stuff out of her system is worth it. although, she said she can feel the toxins coming out of her pores!

Several of you have asked about getting her address to send cards, and I asked her about that and her reply was something to the effect of:

"Tell them to plant a tree/bush/flower/houseplant and watch it grow. If every time they look at it they think of me, I'll feel much better"

what she didn't finish saying is that her daughter is handling everything for her right now, and she really doesn't want to put anything extra on c. that she doesn't have to. And knowing the kissies here's hoping our kit will be home here with us soon. it has been WAY too long.
Posted By: Bill Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 05:48 AM
ters
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 05:50 AM
don't cry bill kissies at least she is feeling well enough to talk to me, that is an improvement from the last 3 days!
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 05:51 AM
Get well soon Catlover. We miss you. kissies angell
Posted By: Triss Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 05:52 AM
Thanks for all of the updates Jiffy. Still praying for you Karen! Hope to see you around here again soon!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 05:53 AM
Karen, missing the heck out of your spunk here..
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 05:57 AM
Hopefully the toxins will be out of her system soon and she will be back with us. I miss her, too. Still praying...

Dianna
Posted By: mich168 Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 11:54 AM
Here's hoping the toxins are out of Karen now and she will be back with us

Get well, Karen!

angell
Posted By: Amber J Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 02:49 PM
What is wrong? I have an autoimmune disease and I have a ton of leftover medicine - can you tell us what she has?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 10:13 PM
amber, she has a combination of 3 different ones, fibro, and two others. she has asked me not to say more than that yet, she wants to handle that all herself.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 23rd, 2006 at 10:37 PM
Feel better soon Karen wink

you are in my thoughts wink wink
flw flw flw flw
penny
Posted By: Bill Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 26th, 2006 at 01:00 AM
CATLOVER UPDATE!
I am very happy to report that as of yesterday, the charcoal drug that was used to remove the adverse acting drug has made a major improvement in Karen's condition. The double vision and dizzyness are gone, and she even felt well enough to go visit her mother! kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 26th, 2006 at 01:05 AM
Well, that just made my day! thumbup

I miss kit so bad.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 26th, 2006 at 01:16 AM
Yessssss, that is..
Hope she's doing great!!!
And we do miss her alot around here... thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 26th, 2006 at 01:25 AM
[Linked Image]

That's WONDERFUL news Bill - thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Catlover... can't wait for you to be feeling more yourself - I've missed you here tremendously, and look forward to the day that you feel well enough to post! kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 26th, 2006 at 01:32 AM
So glad to hear that news Bill. Thanks so much for letting us know!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please send prayers for Catlover/Karen.. - February 26th, 2006 at 03:34 AM
I'm not a big fan of cats, but I sure do miss this one! thumbup .....I hope she continues to feel better with each passing day.....

It's just not the same around here with her gone....
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]