A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: myndful Small craft pots? - November 15th, 2006 at 08:40 PM
I guess that's what they'd be called...I'm talking about the 1.2-2" clay pots. I've seen a few at my Michael's, but need around 80 of them - I've never seen that many in one place, and am afraid to buy in smaller quantities because they all need to match.

I'll be doing small houseplants for wedding reception favors, so they have to be tiny pots.

Michael's is the only craft store around here. So, does anybody have any ideas where I could order them online?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Small craft pots? - November 15th, 2006 at 09:49 PM
What about talking to somone at Michaels and telling them what you are doing and why you need that many....maybe they can be brought in from another store, or perhaps they have that many in the back, stored away.
Its worth a shot and just might work out for you.

Good luck thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Small craft pots? - November 16th, 2006 at 02:29 AM
I agree with Penny. If you find a place that carries the pots, ask for a manager and ask them to bulk order in for you. Most stores will be happy to do that and you will get the pots all from one shipment.
Posted By: Tonya Re: Small craft pots? - November 16th, 2006 at 04:45 AM
If they can't order the quantity you need- ask for the name of the supplier they get them from and order them directly- that might be the way to go anyway....if you can. Good luck and what a great "souvenier" from your happy day!!
Posted By: kennyso Re: Small craft pots? - November 21st, 2006 at 05:36 AM
I know what pots you're talking about, just a note, remember to water those pots a lot cuz they dry out almost instantly when I tried (don't know what got over me then) to start a morning glory seed in one of those. The Michaels near us was closing and I saw like a hugh box of those clay pots all marked down 50% so I bought a ton...half the box. I just used all the small pots for making bells and windchimes, if I saw thi post earlier I would've saved them for you wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Small craft pots? - November 21st, 2006 at 08:01 AM
why don't you try their website i'm sure you could order the quantity you need directly from the site.
Posted By: myndful Re: Small craft pots? - November 22nd, 2006 at 08:38 PM
Apparently, they restocked last week...I saw a TON of the 2" pots on Saturday. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and take Rob with me to carry them!

Hehe, isn't that why they invented men? To do the heavy work? smile
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Small craft pots? - November 22nd, 2006 at 09:51 PM
Thats great....I am glad to hear that it worked out for you thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]