A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: 4Ruddy Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 06:31 AM
We had to go to Peanut's evaluation yesterday..since he had his 3rd birthday it was time to retest him for everything.
HE HAS COME A LONG LONG WAY!!!! His therapists were all just elated at the progress he has has made. He tested out to only have a 12 to 18 month delay now...that is SO monumental! He excelled in everyone (5) of his therapies. He will now get to move out of the infant class and in to a toddler class and they will be more aggressive with his therapies. He will make the move in September. They absolutely ADORE him at the school and have seen him change so much. His speech therapists keeps threatening to kidnap him because he keeps her in stitches all of the time.
Thank you guys for holding my hand as we have gone through this with Peanut....I just want you to know that your prayers (and there have been MANY) have been heard & answered. He is doing SO well!!! thumbup

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 06:38 AM
Vanessa! That is such wonderful news!!! So glad that he is doing so well and that he is going to be able to move up to the new class. You are going to see even MORE changes in him once they get more aggressive with his therapy!

Such good news. Now I will be smiling all day long. How about a recent pic of that adorable lil guy of yours?!?!?!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 06:41 AM
Such wonderful news on Peanut, what a little man kissies thumbup thumbup thumbup flw flw flw flw
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 06:46 AM
Nice to hear this, Vanessa!
Such good news! kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 07:01 AM
Now I will be smiling all day long. How about a recent pic of that adorable lil guy of yours?!?!?!
K......I am getting one ready to post right now!

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 07:05 AM
kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 07:08 AM
[Linked Image]

We had to have this taken last week for an Anniversary book for Ruf's dad.....Peanut has GROWN so much and is so tall now!

~V~
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 07:12 AM
[Linked Image]

different pose....Lisa took these for us last Sunday....

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 07:16 AM
Ohhh beautiful!!! Such a happy family! I love those pics!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 07:26 AM
Great news V! kissies And wonderful pictures, he looks like he's grown quite a lot! thumbup
Posted By: Patty S Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 07:35 AM
WOW! Look at that face! [Linked Image]
He still has that kissable look, but what a handsome, BIG BOY! thumbup
(I mean Peanut... not Ruff!) laugh

Thanks for the update, Vanessa. Continued prayers for your terrific little family. (How are the fishies doing?)
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 07:50 AM
What a "sweetie"! thumbup Thanks so much for sharing the pictures Vanessa! angell
Posted By: BeckyB Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 08:20 AM
That is such wonderful news.
God has certainly been working His miracles in the GF lately!
Way to go Peanut! And for you too Vanessa!
kissies kissies kissies
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
[Linked Image]Wonderful news, Vanessa!

What beautiful pictures of a VERY happy family!
Thanks so much for sharing this all with us! kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 09:51 AM
(How are the fishies doing?)
We must have gotten some really healthy fishies....we haven't lost one yet! thumbup Peanut just ADORES the aquarium......he talks to his "pish buddies" all of the time.

~V~
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 09:59 AM
Vanessa ,
I am smiling so big right now- he is the cutest little boy-- could just hug him to pieces! LOL!
So glad he is doing well and moving up to the big kids class- you all have my prayers .... for continued progess and I know he will go far!
Nana
Posted By: chenno Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 10:14 AM
thumbup Thoughts, Prayers to you and yours!!! angell angell
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 10:21 AM
Vannesaa That is wonderful news,, and what a handsome lil' fella he is! thumbup angell
Posted By: Squirrel Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 12:00 PM
Wonderful news, Vanessa. Great looking family, too. Thanks for sharing your pix. Prayers for Peanut to keep progressing. clp Sue
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 12:10 PM
kissies so happy for you and our poster kid! kissies thank you for posting.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 02:48 PM
Vanessa,
Can't add to anything that everyone has already
posted about..
You all look vibrant in yellow,
and sooooo glad he's moving right along..
That is half the battle in life, just to stay even...and he's on his way....

Miss you here.. kissies

Hope to see you a bit more gab , even for a wee~bit..
Miss your cookin' too!!! wink
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 6th, 2006 at 03:09 PM
It's so nice to see you and the family here, V! wavey You guys look GREAT!!!!! thumbup
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 7th, 2006 at 12:29 AM
That is such wonderful news Vanessa!!
I am happy for Peanut and all his accomplishments!! thumbup

That was a very nice picture of the family too! thumbup
Posted By: G~mom Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 7th, 2006 at 12:39 AM
kissies
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 7th, 2006 at 02:39 AM
What a sweet family picture Vanessa...everyone looks so happy and healthy in it!! thumbup thumbup thumbup flw
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 7th, 2006 at 08:40 AM
everyone looks so happy and healthy in it!!
I am glad we LOOK healthy...we are a barrell of health issues looking for a place to happen! laugh
Lisa does wonders with the camera...

We made it to church today for the first time in a couple of months...it was good to get out and Peanut really enjoyed it....and was really good. he has been singing every since we got back..he is quite a little singer.

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 7th, 2006 at 09:05 AM
Vanessa, That has to be awesome hearing him sing like that!
Posted By: tamara Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 7th, 2006 at 11:45 PM
V, I'm so glad to hear things are going well. It's nice to see those beautiful smiles after all that you have gone through. Keep up the good work, that's certainly one happy little boy.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 12:46 AM
I know it does your heart good to hear little Peanut singing, Vanessa! I am so happy for the wonderful news about the little guy and that you are recovering, too...

Dianna
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 01:27 PM
Vanessa, That has to be awesome hearing him sing like that!
He sang..

"whinkle whinkle wittle HAR" tonight...you talk about bustin out!!! He LOVES to sing....and I LOVE to hear it...

We are workin on a few other songs...he sings better than he can talk if that makes any sense. His Doc says that he will learn more through songs than anything so we are working on the ABC song...

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 01:29 PM
Vanessa! You GOTTA call me soon and let me hear him sing! grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 01:34 PM
Will Do...but get ready...you are gonna have a FIT...he has a special "singing voice" he uses...it is just too much!

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 01:36 PM
Oh, cool!
I can record it on my cell phone and it's an mp3!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 01:46 PM
My sis told me I need to be recording his singing...but I don't have any of that MP stuff...and wouldn't know how to work it if I did... laugh

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 01:49 PM
Vanessa, Do you have a cam corder? And if so what kind of tapes does it use. If you have the same kinds of tapes mine use, then I can make vid clips for you that will work on the computer.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 02:04 PM
Nope don't have one...I have a digital camera that will let me make small clips..like the one I made of him counting to 10...(remember how excited we all got???) so I can try to get him on that. The only problem I have been having is that I have to use it outside...it doesn't tape well in the house at all...and I have tried changing the lighting and everything....it is just a cheap~o....

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 02:10 PM
I may just have to send you mine to use for a while.
Posted By: Karrie Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 8th, 2006 at 03:05 PM
You really should record him even if its just on a cassette tape. I do that with my kids. I do an interview with them every so often, ask them what is their favorite food, color, toys, cartoons. All kids of questions important to who they are at this point in life. I was listening to them the other day. Dalton had alot of speech issues, he used to call the remote control (his favorite toy) the trotro mote. You wouldn't believe the improvements you will notice that way. And some day he can listen to them and see how far he has come. And what a challenge he overcame.

I am so happy for you and your family. You are all so beautiful together, you can see the love radiate out of that picture. Keep up the great work Peanut!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 9th, 2006 at 10:58 AM
I just had the most awesome personal concert! grinnnn

Vanessa called, and Peanut sang his heart out for me!
He sang Row, Row, Row Your Boat and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

He sings beautifully! And carries a tune like you wouldn't believe!

When he finished singing I said "Hi, Peanutty!" and he said "Hiiiii Cinnnnny!" I said "I love you!" and he said "I love YOUUUUU!"

I am so thrilled! grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 9th, 2006 at 11:03 AM
How cool is that!!!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 9th, 2006 at 11:22 AM
Well, he was in the bath tub when I called Cindy...what better place to sing....I just now got him out...he was in there forever! He just decided he would spend the evening in the tub singing..and did!
There was a WONDERFUL report on Good Morning America this morning about autistic families and what they go through....I wish everyone could see that video...it was a wealth of information to the general public about what families like us and Triss' family go through on a daily basis....Then you would REALLY understand how monumental singing is apposed to screaming...I am thankful for the songs!!!

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 9th, 2006 at 11:26 AM
My in-laws told me about that but I missed it. Going to have to look online for the transcript of it.

I think "I" need to watch it to get some perspective on what Zack is going through. He is so difficult these days which is a big change and even though I know it is school related, the lack of school, it is still very frustrating.
Posted By: chenno Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 9th, 2006 at 11:42 AM
thumbup Sing away!!! love it!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 9th, 2006 at 01:28 PM
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
I just had the most awesome personal concert! grinnnn

Vanessa called, and Peanut sang his heart out for me!
He sang Row, Row, Row Your Boat and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

He sings beautifully! And carries a tune like you wouldn't believe!

When he finished singing I said "Hi, Peanutty!" and he said "Hiiiii Cinnnnny!" I said "I love you!" and he said "I love YOUUUUU!"

I am so thrilled! grinnnn
Ahhhhhhh How heartwarming grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 9th, 2006 at 01:54 PM
clp i'm so happy he is making progress. he will be like kate, talking your ears off, i just know it!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 10th, 2006 at 11:13 AM
Remember when he said "Momma" once and never said it again? Well...he has started calling me momma this week...he saw a pic of a woman with short hair in a magazine and said .."momma" and hasn't stopped since.
Yes, we ARE making progress....

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 10th, 2006 at 11:14 AM
Wow V, that must feel so great! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 10th, 2006 at 12:50 PM
Vanessa, hearing that just makes my heart melt!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 10th, 2006 at 12:52 PM
"Momma"
kissies
Posted By: sybil Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 10th, 2006 at 01:06 PM
I've been away too long..
But to come back and see how wonderful little Peanut is doing is astounding. Love can do amazing amazing things, he is the proof of that.
I'm glad you are getting better too Miss V.
You all look so great.

clp luv
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 13th, 2006 at 03:41 AM
thumbup isn't that the best sound vanessa?
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 13th, 2006 at 04:28 AM
Yes it is Jiff! Except when it it repeditive in that whine mode!!!! laugh He has just figured out I respond to that ....uh, the "momma" not the whining....I try to tune that out! laugh

~V~
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 13th, 2006 at 04:52 AM
I don't think at any age they out grow the whining stage... do they?? wink wink wink wink laugh frown
Posted By: Triss Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 13th, 2006 at 05:40 AM
They do Weezie, but then it is replaced by rolling eyes and pretending not to hear a word you say. frown :rolleyes:
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 13th, 2006 at 07:19 AM
I hear you there...
And then the stomping of the feet and throwing things...
It's never ending...

That'ssss exactly WHY.... GOD MADE BABIES SOOOOOOO CUTE... So mothers' would fall head over heals in LOVE W/them and NOT EAT THEM!! wink laugh
Posted By: ShirlS Re: Peanut the poster boy update.... - August 13th, 2006 at 04:57 PM
What a wonderful looking family you have ~V~!

All your smiles, made me smile when I looked at it.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]