A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: hisgal2 Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 08:02 AM
Things are going well. We went in for an appointment yesterday and were informed that the doctors decided they need to do a procedure this week or the beginning of next week. They will be doing something called a Cervix Cerclage. Basically, they go in and sew the cervix shut so that it can't open from the weight of the baby. I will have to go in to have the surgery done and will be off the forum for a couple days because I will be ordered to stay on the couch.....might be able to get the laptop to the couch tho. Anyways, they will either have to put an epidural in or put me under general anestegia....I'm not sure which. We will find out more on Monday and I'll keep you all posted.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 08:07 AM
Good luck Jenn! I really wish you the best!! kissies
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 08:11 AM
Jenn,
Best of luck- a friend of my daughter's had that done recently too - she said it wasn't to bad at all....
Prayers and don't forget the laptop on the couch - that way we can all visit and you can rest too..
Nana
Posted By: chenno Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 08:12 AM
Thoughts and well wishes!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 08:25 AM
Thanks for the update, Jenn.

Prayers and don't forget the laptop on the couch - that way we can all visit and you can rest too..
I second that! thumbup

Cindy
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 08:37 AM
Jenn ,, Prayers and thoughts and keep the laptop close!
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 08:51 AM
Good luck Jenn and take it easy. kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 10:19 AM
Jenn, I hope the surgery goes well and you are able to come home and relax with no pain. Thanks for letting us know. You are all in my prayers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 11:12 AM
Many prayers! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 12:52 PM
prayers! my sil had that done, and lots of other's i know. hope it goes as well for you as it has for all of them!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 03:37 PM
Good luck Jenn..
*and wee~one!*

I too know a lady that had it, and
they have a beautiful baby girl now because
of it..
Posted By: Squirrel Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 16th, 2006 at 03:51 PM
Thoughts and prayers, Jenn. angell Sue
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 18th, 2006 at 08:54 AM
OK, I just got the phone call from the doctor giving me the time frames for this surgery. This friday, the 21st, I will go in for pre-testing. I will get the cerclage put in on Friday the 28th and will be put on bed rest until I'm 37 weeks....which is in January. shk eek I'm really not sure what to think of that...its scarey! Especially since our plan was to have the house sold before Christmas....which I'm not sure is going to work now. Anyways, that's the scoop for now.
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 18th, 2006 at 09:23 AM
Oh Jenn, that is a long time to be on bed rest. Is it full bed rest or partial? Praying that all goes well with the surgery.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 18th, 2006 at 09:50 AM
thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 18th, 2006 at 11:18 AM
Wow that's a long time!!!! Do you guys have a laptop so you can get online?

I couldn't imagine staying in bed that long! But it will be SO worth it!
Posted By: Tonya Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 18th, 2006 at 12:55 PM
Best of luck to you and the baby! I'm sure the aggravation of bedrest is going to be MORE than worth the outcome of a beautiful child! thumbup And like so many have said...keep the laptop close! laugh laugh

Best of luck to you!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 18th, 2006 at 02:06 PM
thanks for the heads up jenn... will keep praying for you!
Posted By: weakley63 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 18th, 2006 at 02:10 PM
Jenn, I pm'd you on the 12th. Did you get it? Anyways, I'm glad they're taking such good care of you and the little one. I don't know much about the procedure you're going to have, but it sounds like a lot of people have had it and it was very successful. You and the little one are in my prayers everyday. The time on the couch will go by eventually - you could use a little of it everyday by keeping a journal of what's going on in your life, and how you're feeling - then maybe when the baby is older you could give it to him or her. Just a thought.

Anyways, Good Luck and God be with you both.

Brenda
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 19th, 2006 at 12:11 PM
Brenda, I got your PM...I've just been busy trying to get things done before next week and haven't gotten to write back. Hopefully in a bit after dinner. smile

Stephen is moving a small table next to the couch so that we can put the laptop there.
Posted By: Karrie Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 19th, 2006 at 01:11 PM
My best friend had same procedure and about 6 monthes of bed rest after it. Get you good magazines a few cross words the remote and a good maid. Have faith it will pass and you will have one of the most wonderful blessings ever. grinnnn
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 21st, 2006 at 11:43 PM
I heard a story {of someone somewhere} where her journal was written in the form of letters to her not yet born baby, telling him how she felt that day, what DR's said, how much weight she gained. Like telling him his before born life story.

How you feeling?
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 21st, 2006 at 11:49 PM
I am thinking you will be wishing for more bed rest when the little one arrives. Please take care of yourself and the time will fly by.

Have y'all decided to stay put until after the baby is delivered? I hope you aren't going to be moving during this time. It will be hard for you to stay down, if so...

Prayers and best wishes for you,

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 22nd, 2006 at 12:06 AM
Keeping you in our prayers,Jenn kissies
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 22nd, 2006 at 12:18 AM
Prayers and Best Wishes thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 22nd, 2006 at 04:49 AM
Thinking of you today Jenn and hoping your Dr's appointment goes well!
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 22nd, 2006 at 09:29 AM
Just got home a little bit ago. I'm really tired. They did a little poking and now I'm a little sore. They did all the tests they need and I talked to the anestegiologist. They will do a spinal because that is what is best for the baby. I'm finding myself extremely nervous about next week now. i'm not really sure why...probably the spinal. Anyways, I need to take a nap.
Posted By: shanbear Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 22nd, 2006 at 09:34 AM
Jenn, all of our prayers are with you. Please try and relax- I know, a spinal is a hard thing not to think about. I suggest talking to your husband; they can be great therapy! We'll all be thinking of you!

luv
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 22nd, 2006 at 09:42 AM
Jenn, Going into a spinal is difficult. I am glad that things went well though and that the surgery is on. Sleep well and remember you are in our prayers.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 22nd, 2006 at 09:47 AM
When you're there, think happy positive thoughts,
*HONESTLY, I've had 2 of them..*
and that's what I did, and believe me,
I concentrated on happy thoughts...

Mine were because I garden and love the outdoors, I thought of green grass and the smell of a fresh cut lawn and the whispery warm summer breeze that gently washes past you and sunshine and watching butterflies.. and hearing kids play at the park and giggle.... that's exactly what helped me.. put your self somewhere's else and you'll be over it in no time flat*
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Update on Jenn and baby - July 25th, 2006 at 09:31 AM
Best wishes Jenn and I will keep you in my prayers! I'm sure everything will turn out great and you will have a beautiful baby in January! It is hard to think of that now but once the baby arrives you will look back on it and it won't seem so bad!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 2nd, 2006 at 01:04 AM
Jenn sent this last message to Jiffy,
She's at work *Jiff* and I'm passing it on to you all here....

hi there,

just wanted to let you know the surgery went ok.
the spinal anestegia wasn't too bad.
i'm having just a little pain and a tiny bit of bleeding.
i'm very tired.
i slept 16 hours after steve brought me home.
i'm typing with only 1 hand as my other hand is very sore from the iv they had in me.
baby is doing fine and steve is taking good care of me.
please let everyone on the forum know all is well.
i don't know when i'll be up to actually getting online to talk to everyone.
thanks.
i'll talk to you later.

~jenn

"For they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
Posted By: G~mom Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 2nd, 2006 at 01:06 AM
Thanks for the update,Weezie. I'll definately be keeping Jenn and her baby in my prayers.
Posted By: Tonya Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 2nd, 2006 at 01:08 AM
Good news that she is doing fine! I'll continue to pray!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 2nd, 2006 at 01:09 AM
Thanks for the update...thoughts and prayers for Jenn thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 2nd, 2006 at 01:13 AM
Now that is good news! thumbup angell
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 2nd, 2006 at 04:04 AM
So glad that the surgery went well. Thanks for the update. Continuing to keep them in my prayers!
Posted By: Squirrel Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 2nd, 2006 at 02:27 PM
Thanks for keeping us up to date. Continued prayers for Jenn and baby. Sue
Posted By: tamara Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 2nd, 2006 at 11:22 PM
Thinking of you Jenn. Prayers for all.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 3rd, 2006 at 01:52 AM
Fell better quickly Jenn!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 3rd, 2006 at 02:37 PM
kissies thank you weezie & cindy. i'm planning on calling jenn in the next few days, so i'll have another update then!
Posted By: ShirlS Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 4th, 2006 at 01:17 PM
Adding my prayers also
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 5th, 2006 at 11:54 PM
updates?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 10th, 2006 at 04:36 PM
Yup....doing good. I haven't been posting because I'm really tired and don't think I'll be able to really keep track of threads and such. I've been popping into the forum from time to time to see what is going on though. I've been layin on the couch during the day and have noticed that my legs are beginning to loose their strength. I'm allowed to shower every 3rd day and I'm totally exhausted after I do that. The standing really kills me. I have very little pain and feel no pressure or anything of that sort. I go to the dr. every other week and they do an ultrasound at every visit. Thats all for now.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 10th, 2006 at 11:49 PM
I'm glad to hear from you, Jenn, and continue to send prayers and good will to you!!! kissies angell

You are a wonderful person, and I know you will be a #1 Mommy. Take care of yourself as I know you will and know that we are all pulling for you!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 11th, 2006 at 01:10 AM
Jenn,
Could you get something like this...
pulley excercise cords
and get a tiny bit of movement??
and a couple of 2lb dumbbells, for easy lifting..

Just an idea..
*I know how hard it is to be in bed, trust me,
you get all achey just from layin' there..
and you wwwwant to get out so bad, but you can't..
those things above might just give you enough movement and occupy/fill a few minutes for you here and there.

ooohhhh, just found a really colorful stretchie things and progresses in strength *for later after the baby maybe* Colored bands
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 11th, 2006 at 01:16 AM
Thanks for the update Jenn and continued prayers for you and baby thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 11th, 2006 at 04:19 AM
Jenn, It is so good to hear from you. Sorry that the bed rest is taking its toll on your body. Praying for you and the baby daily.
Posted By: ShirlS Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 11th, 2006 at 08:05 AM
Aww My prayers are also being continued for you and the baby, Jenn! Soon you will have a bundle looking up into your eyes and all this will have been worth it.
Posted By: G~mom Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 11th, 2006 at 11:53 PM
Take care of yourself and that precious little one,Jenn kissies

When is your due date? Do you know what it is yet?
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 16th, 2006 at 09:03 AM
Due date is January 30th, but the stitches come out somewhere around January 9th and we think the baby will probably come within a week of that. We're not going to find out what it is...we wanna be surprised.

We did our registry online with Babies R Us. Its nice because we have alot of family outside of the state and they can buy things online that have things shipped right to us for free. We did something similiar with our bridal registry through another store. Yesterday I had an appt. with our lawyer and we went to a second hand store before the appt. My mom saw a crib ther that is the same as the one on the registry and she and my dad are going to go and buy it for us. smile

Today marks the first day of the 5th month. ...almost 1/2 way there. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 16th, 2006 at 09:09 AM
Oh Jenn, that's so great that you are halfway there........ thumbup muggs
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 16th, 2006 at 09:10 AM
Happy to hear all is going good Jen!! clp clp Congrats on the half way mark!!!
Posted By: Merme Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 16th, 2006 at 09:24 AM
Jenn, thank you for this update!

Believe me when I say I KNOW how tedious bed rest can be during pregnancy. I too had to spend months and months in bed for Maxi, only getting up for the bathroom and the doctor and having to lay on my left side the majority of the time.

Maxi's dad moved our bed into the living room so I could be near the phone and tv and for people to visit me more easily. That helped. But boy, were we glad when life returned to "normal" after our little one came.

All prayers, always.

Merme
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 16th, 2006 at 03:01 PM
Jenn, it is so exciting to hear that you got to get outta bed for a while. I know even a trip to the lawyer has to be a nice change from the full time bedrest you have been on. Great deal on the crib and CONGRATS on beginning your 5th month!
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 18th, 2006 at 01:35 PM
Dr. appt and ultrasound today. All is good. Cervical length is the same and its good and closed. smile Ultrasound was neat today. She caught the baby sleeping with it's arms up above it's head. Funny, because Stephen sleeps with an arm above his head alot. laugh

I'm feeling the baby move more now. And not the little ripple feeling either. These are definate little thumps in there. Pretty cool!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 18th, 2006 at 01:39 PM
kissies How neat Jenn!!! I can't imagine feeling a little baby kicking and thumping inside of me, it must be so cool. kissies clp
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 18th, 2006 at 01:50 PM
Its very weird!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 18th, 2006 at 01:56 PM
Jenn,
Wait 'til it turns into the Alien Baby,
when it stretches and rolls your whole stomach
from the right side and diagonally back over to
the left side and back again...
It's funny!!!
Or you can feel a butt or elbow...

Goooooooooood to hear all is going well for you...and the wee~one!!! kissies
Posted By: G~mom Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 18th, 2006 at 10:29 PM
Sounds like things are going pretty good,Jenn grinnnn

Keep us updated.......I just love hearing how things are going!
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 19th, 2006 at 05:36 AM
Thrilled with the news Jenn. It is so great to see the baby doing something that mommy and daddy do all the time.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 19th, 2006 at 07:09 AM
Thanks for the update Jenn and what a cute little story!
Posted By: G~mom Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 19th, 2006 at 11:40 PM
She caught the baby sleeping with it's arms up above it's head. Funny, because Stephen sleeps with an arm above his head alot.
Hmmmmmmm.....Like Daddy/Like Daughter...or...Like Father/Like Son?

Too cute thumbup
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 20th, 2006 at 04:33 AM
We got a crib today. Actually, my parents got it for us. Here is what it looks like...
child craft
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 20th, 2006 at 04:40 AM
Ooo, very nice Jenn.....I think those type of cribs are the most sensible way to go---get lots of use out of it! thumbup
Posted By: G~mom Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 20th, 2006 at 04:42 AM
thumbup
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 20th, 2006 at 04:43 AM
I've noticed it's sturdier that regular cribs too.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 20th, 2006 at 04:47 AM
Hi, Jenn.... wavey

I love that crib! thumbup
Posted By: G~mom Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 20th, 2006 at 04:58 AM
Miisy just got your package,Jenn kissies You and Stephen are Angels in my book thumbup angell
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 20th, 2006 at 05:03 AM
Wonderful! I was hoping she'd get it today. smile
Posted By: Triss Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 20th, 2006 at 05:23 AM
Love that Crib Jenn!! Very nice.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 20th, 2006 at 05:37 AM
I agree, nice bed..
I think a "mother" definately had to design that thing...
(or a father who got tired of buying beds..)

Love it!!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Update on Jenn and baby - August 22nd, 2006 at 12:19 AM
Good to see you on here, Jenn! Hope the rest of your "couch" time goes by fast for you...

Dianna
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]