A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: sewobsessed Hello - September 22nd, 2006 at 12:51 AM
Finally registered.
I'm Tina and I garden in Central NY in zone 5a.
I'm obsessed (most likely the same as 90% of you) with gardening. Well, more with propagating really. Being a seamstress doesn't pay to well, so I have to figure out ways to be quite frugal with plants. Having an obsessive personality usually doesn't mesh well with the price of gardening, but I try. smile
I grow and propagate anything and everything I can get my hands on. If someone tells me it won't work...well...I'll try it anyway! My flower gardens are a bit of a mish-mash of plants, but I love every single one of them. Probably because I raised them myself.
I have 4 kids who range in age from 14 to 22, a VERY understanding husband (who is unbelievably handy at fixing anything!) and 15 koi who take up most of my time, along with quilting.
Anyway, that's probably more than you wanted to know. lol. But, hello everyone!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Hello - September 22nd, 2006 at 12:57 AM
Hi there.

Welcome to the Forum...

Its nice to meet you Tina!!!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Hello - September 22nd, 2006 at 07:11 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum!!!!!!!

Hope to see you around! wavey
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Hello - September 22nd, 2006 at 04:07 PM
Hello Tina wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
flw flw flw
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Hello - September 23rd, 2006 at 12:02 AM
Hello & welcome Tina wavey
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Hello - September 23rd, 2006 at 03:17 AM
[Linked Image]
define 'central'... I'm in the Catskills.
Posted By: sewobsessed Re: Hello - September 25th, 2006 at 10:50 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!
Wrennie, I'm exactly that: Central NY. Smack dab middle of the state between Utica and Syracuse. Mohawk Valley is weird when it comes to gardening. Some things you can go down a zone, and some act like you're in upper Canada! The hills and valleys play havok here-especially in the winter.
You live in one of the most beautiful parts of NY!Was so sad to hear Catskill Game Farm was closing. Kind of like losing a piece of my childhood.
Posted By: Useless Jes Re: Hello - September 26th, 2006 at 04:44 AM
Wellcome!!! I am newer than you but I think you will learn alot!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]