A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: jayhawk Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 10th, 2006 at 08:06 AM
Plantqueen and I will meet tomorrow, Sunday November 10. My trip to MN now has an unexpected bonus. thumbup

The only camera I have is disposible and pictures may take a while so be patient please.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 10th, 2006 at 09:23 AM
Oh, how cool that you all are meeting!
That is GREAT!

I know you two will have a good time!
(...'cause I know I had a good time when I got to meet you!) grinnnn
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 10th, 2006 at 10:38 AM
Veryyyyyyy cool..
We'll be patient on the pictures..
But you two have a great time..
and lot's of fun..
And don't forget to get the waitress to take your pictures... thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 10th, 2006 at 12:54 PM
Oh how exciting!!! Looking forward to hearing about your get together.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 10th, 2006 at 09:15 PM
thumbup Love to see some pic of the sceanery there too! thumbup
Posted By: Tonya Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 10th, 2006 at 10:34 PM
YAY!! clp More meetings! We will wait....hopefully patiently....for pics! laugh laugh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 06:00 AM
Oh Shoot!!! I just called Jayhawk Hoping to catch them all still together so I could talk to Jessica too but I missed her by about an hour they have already shopped and were on their way back eek eek .
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 08:37 AM
Jessica and I had a great visit today. We ate lunch them went shopping. You'll never guess who we found!!!! clp
Two very lost and over worked Willies!!!!
These poor guys are carrying baskets on their backs and both had loads. One had candy he really didn't want and the other had a small Christmas tree he was very happy to carry.

Jessica and I both decided to give these guys a home but, unfortunately, one will be living in Minnesota and one in Kentucky and they will be separated forever.

Jessica has pictures so you can see our new Willies soon.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 08:52 AM
Oh, that is so cute..
You can send each other pictures' of
your Willy's when they're out doing things..
So much fun!!!

Can't wait for pictures...
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 09:32 AM
How how cute!!!! Poor Willy's being seperated!! But We all know they have great new Homes and surely they are happy for each other not having to work soo very hard caring loads and loads!! I'm sooo Glad you all had a wonderful fun time. a much needed outting for all of you! clp clp OHHHH Now your willy can meet your neighbor's Willy and have a willy block party! lala confused wink laugh

I really am happy you two met how exciting!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 11:20 AM
Wow, VERY cool that you guys got to meet up--and you rescued Willies! muggs
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 10:20 PM
I have pictures!!! Just give me a couple of minutes to get them uploaded.

Jayhawk and I had a great time! I met her and her daughter for lunch and then we went to a few shops in this small town that we met in. It was a short visit but a good one. I was so happy to be able to meet with them!

Thank you jayhawk! It was fun! And yes, our willies found new homes.

Pics coming shortly........
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 10:33 PM
Okay.......here we are at the restaurant where we ate. This first one is a little dark but I think you can still see it.

[Linked Image]

And here is a little better one again at the restaurant where we ate lunch.

[Linked Image]

And here are our willies!!!!! They are so cute! Mine has a little christmas tree that is in his bag right now. I will have to take a picture of him in his new home. He is hauling that tree in for me!!!

[Linked Image]

And here is the last picture.....Jayhawk and I with our willies. The sun was shining in our our eyes so I know that I am squinting for sure.

[Linked Image]

We had a great time! Have a safe trip when you head home Jayhawk! It was a pleasure to meet you and your daughter!!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 10:47 PM
Thats great that you could meet....thanks for sharing with us thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 11:00 PM
That is sooooooo cool... thumbup
What fun... grinnnn love those Willy's..
That store looks like it was filled with goodies..(or is that the restaurant?)

So glad you two had the chance to meet and had fun.... flw
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 11:05 PM
That was the restaurant weezie!!! It was a neat little place. The shops were filled with lots of goodies!!! They were all decked out for Christmas! We each made a couple of purchases! It was a good day!!!

I will take more pics of my willy so that you can see him with the the tree and the bag on his back. I realized after I posted those pics that you couldn't see the bag that he is carrying at all. It is very cute! I will post some pics tomorrow!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 11th, 2006 at 11:13 PM
Glad you's had a nice time together!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 04:11 AM
clp great pictures! Looks like a fun day!
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 04:16 AM
Yes it was fun!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 05:12 AM
Cool, you both look great! thumbup
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 05:19 AM
Thank you loz! It was fun to meet them! I could do that every weekend! laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 05:45 AM
If only we lived closer, we'd shop til we dropped! laugh wink thumbup
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 06:04 AM
If I lived closer to you loz I would probably be broke all the time cuz we would be shopping! laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 06:18 AM
laugh I know, but it would be fun!

It's still so cool that you two met up....I wish I lived near more people on here. Or that someone was passing thru more often....
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 06:24 AM
Yes it would be fun! thumbup

Well jayhawk and I obviously don't live close but it just happened that she was here in MN and only about 2 hours away from where I live. The coolest thing about it was that she had my name for the gift swap or I probably wouldn't have even known that she was in MN. It just came up through PM's when I was thanking her for my gift! thumbup It was really fun though! I wish I could meet more of the other members also!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 06:31 AM
I had wondered how she got up into
that area.. it's quite the distance from her house...
But it's so neat...
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 07:45 AM
Ohhh Jessica thanks for posting the Pictures!!! I love, love, love the Willy's too!!! man It sure is good to get out and do something out of the norm HUH?? Glenda told me about the shop too she realllly enjoyed that outting I'm soo glad you guys were able to meet , what a stress breaker that was!! It is soo awesome to meet members from here just makes everything so right ! Thank you for enabling a great Day for Glenda and my niece while in MN.. They really needed some extra reasons to smile!! wavey Glenda Good to see you!! Miss ya'! kissies and Ahhhhh didn't take you long to Love the willy's too huh?? lala
Posted By: Triss Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 08:23 AM
Looks like you two had a wonderful time. Thanks so much for sharing the pics!!
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 01:12 PM
Jessica was very kind to my daughter and I. She knows it has been a while since we have had anything home cooked and brought us a plate of homemade cookies! Duh lala
They were very delicious. Thanks a lot Jessica!

She also brought me a lovely carved wooden angel and a cranberry scented candle in a beautiful green pot. They are such wonderful surprises and are greatly appreciated. Pictures will follow as soon as possible.
Posted By: MatrixKol Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 02:02 PM
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and this my first post...I happen to be members of other forums as well...h'ver never seen such friendly environment...must say I am liking it already...It was great to see that you guys had such a wonderful time together flw

MatrixKol
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 12th, 2006 at 10:48 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies jayhawk! I thought the two of you might enjoy something homemade since you have been eating on the go for 2 weeks now!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 13th, 2006 at 09:09 AM
AWWW That was soo thoughtful and sweet of you Jessica! kissies clp Any more pictures of Willy carrying the tree Jessica??
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 13th, 2006 at 10:34 PM
I forgot to do that! I will definitely do that tonight and post the pics tomorrow!
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 18th, 2006 at 04:13 AM
Here is my Willie taking one last look for his brother that Plantqueen has. He is looking out of the hotel room into the dark hoping for one last glimpse.
[Linked Image]

He is now in his new home and I'll get a picture soon.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 18th, 2006 at 06:00 AM
Thanks for the Picture Glenda!!! thumbup Willy will soon get comfey in his new home and he'll cheer up really quick just assure him his brother stayed in MN to help out your new friend, and He is very happy!! lala wink laugh
Posted By: chenno Re: Plantqueen and Jayhawk - December 21st, 2006 at 05:15 AM
That is so cool, thanks for sharing the fun:-)
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]