I'm so proud of my nephew who is a marine over in Iraq:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

(only the topic title was edited...) Bill
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My nephew in Iraq - April 30th, 2006 at 11:46 PM
He looks like a fine young man thumbup

Will pray that God keeps him safe while he's over there for us angell
Posted By: melcon6 Re: My nephew in Iraq - April 30th, 2006 at 11:48 PM
It's important to the Marines to make the Iraqi children not fear them, I sent him a bunch of candy and paper and colored pencils to hand out to them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My nephew in Iraq - April 30th, 2006 at 11:52 PM
That was nice of you to send that stuff. I'm always hearing of people sending toiletries to the soldiers,but,never thought about sending stuff for them to give to the kids. Thats a really good idea thumbup
Posted By: melcon6 Re: My nephew in Iraq - April 30th, 2006 at 11:54 PM
I want my nephew to be their "favorite" soldier! thumbup cool
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My nephew in Iraq - April 30th, 2006 at 11:56 PM
Good idea thumbup smile
Posted By: tamara Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 1st, 2006 at 12:08 AM
Tell your nephew we are proud of him also. Prayers and thoughts will be sent your way.

Mel, what a wonderful idea on the gifts for the children. I'm proud of you as well. Good job.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 1st, 2006 at 01:40 AM
How wonderful Mel.. What a terrific idea.. thumbup
What a great guy!! Those kids must think he is the best! thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 1st, 2006 at 01:53 AM
Mel... you've given me chills just now, especially after I watched Flight 93 last night...

I'll be keeping your nephew close to my heart, and wishing him and all his fellow marines safety and to come home soon.

And you my dear - what fabulous things to send him to share with the children! clp
Posted By: jonni13 Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 1st, 2006 at 02:33 AM
kissies For you, Mel. Prayers for his and all the soldier's saftey.
Posted By: Triss Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 1st, 2006 at 04:20 AM
Thanks so much for sharing Mel. Your nephew is in my prayers! Great thing you did for the kiddos over there too.
Posted By: mich168 Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 1st, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Thanks for sharing photos! ANd for helping him to help the kids.

A prayer that he stays safe!

angell
Posted By: The Plant Doc Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 2nd, 2006 at 12:16 PM
My Prayers and best wishes to your nephew!
I think your idea for the colored pencils and candy is wonderful! Our local schools were sending simular items over as well.
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 3rd, 2006 at 11:05 AM
I know alot of soldiers ask to have beany babies sent to them to give to the kids also. My best friend is in the Army....he goes over in September.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 3rd, 2006 at 02:05 PM
This is typically what they are living in,

[Linked Image]
Posted By: angelblossom Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 3rd, 2006 at 02:57 PM
Mel.. Prayers for your nephew ,, grinnnn
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 3rd, 2006 at 03:05 PM
Mel, did he give you an instant messenger name so that you could "speak" with him if he got the chance to get on-line?

I get the chance to talk to my nephew every once in a while and it sometimes helps to let the rest of the family know that he is safe if they haven't heard from him in a while because of the phone lines...

Dianna
Posted By: JV Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 3rd, 2006 at 07:28 PM
Mel tell your nephew I said thanks for all he and his troops are doing.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: My nephew in Iraq - May 3rd, 2006 at 10:04 PM
Jimmy, Dianna,and everyone else, he does get a chance to go online and I did e-mail him the link to this thread, I have not heard from him in about a week but I probably will soon. Dianna, he does have AIM and that is so nice! It's rare that I catch him on but other members of the family have . Someone "talks" to him at least once a week via e-mail or instant message, WOW have times changed. I keep thinking about the families during the other wars, where their loved ones could be gone for years at a time with no word at all! We are so blessed.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: My nephew in Iraq - October 13th, 2006 at 08:33 PM
I wanted to update everyone who has been praying for my nephew and all the troops overseas!

KURTIS IS HOME!!!! wavey kissies kissies
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: My nephew in Iraq - October 13th, 2006 at 08:34 PM
Wonderful news!!

I am so happy to hear that he is home safe and sound thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: My nephew in Iraq - October 13th, 2006 at 08:35 PM
I'm so glad he's home, Mel! grinnnn
Too bad he's so close...but has to go all the way across the country and back before you get to see him.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: My nephew in Iraq - October 13th, 2006 at 08:41 PM
I know it , Cindy! eek

My sister told me to try his cell phone and maybe I could get a peek at him while he is in Maine. The rest of the family and him are from Massachusetts, so I am the closest to him right now. But , I called and got his voicemail, I have a feeling they've already been whisked away to California. Bangor is only an hour or two from here and believe me , I would've have dropped everything for the chance to sneak a peek at him! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Tonya Re: My nephew in Iraq - October 13th, 2006 at 08:42 PM
I am so glad he is "home"!!! Wonderful news! Give him lots of hugs from all of us as thanks for protecting our freedom and country!
Posted By: Triss Re: My nephew in Iraq - October 14th, 2006 at 02:01 AM
Mel, I am so happy to read that Kurtis is home safe and sound!!! Best news this morning!
Posted By: Karrie Re: My nephew in Iraq - October 14th, 2006 at 04:41 AM
So glad he is home safe and sound, what a blessing he is to not only your family but our country!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: My nephew in Iraq - October 14th, 2006 at 06:05 AM
Mel - this is WONDERFUL news!
I'm so happy for all of your family, to have your loved one back home.
A big thanks to him once again, for helping to keep our country safe and sound, and to all the others who are still there doing the same!
Posted By: janellsretreat Re: My nephew in Iraq - October 14th, 2006 at 10:49 AM
Still new here but I had to comment on this post. Glad to hear your nephew is home. Please tell him thank you for his service.

I was reading the posts previous to his coming home and I read about sending things for the kids. If you know someone in the military over there ask if they are passing things out. In some areas they are not allowed to pass anything out because the kids crowd around them and then they become targets. I think it is so sad for the children and the US military that are trying to help them. I know it could make a big difference on how these kids think of the US when they grow up by how they are treated. Maybe that is why they now have become targets, because those who target them dont want them to remember how the US gave them fun things, or much needed things or ect.... Sorry, got on a roll here. smile
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]