A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: weezie13 What kind of paint, paints on plastic? - June 7th, 2006 at 03:29 PM
What kind of paint Duh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: What kind of paint, paints on plastic? - June 8th, 2006 at 12:27 AM
You mean like for a craft type thing...or something like plastic lawn furniture?

If it's something you can spray paint..
Krylon has a spray paint made just for plastic...it bonds to it really good.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: What kind of paint, paints on plastic? - June 8th, 2006 at 12:43 AM
I'm looking to paint on a plastic surface,
like a milk jug??????

It is soooooo slippery, I used water~based arcylic's
*like for tole painting* but it scratches off...
I'd like something more permentant...
Posted By: chenno Re: What kind of paint, paints on plastic? - June 8th, 2006 at 01:30 AM
I would try a latex primer first and then any outdoor paint,or the krylon plastic spray is good.

you can use a spray can white and go over several times, but in the end,I think you will be re-touching periodically.

Hope that helps some

Angie
Posted By: weezie13 Re: What kind of paint, paints on plastic? - June 8th, 2006 at 01:38 AM
is the latex primer put on with a paint brush??

I am also looking to paint with a paint brush the final thing, so, not exactly sure I am looking for a spray on paint...
More of a brush on one...
Posted By: chenno Re: What kind of paint, paints on plastic? - June 8th, 2006 at 01:58 AM
Weezie

I called a friend at the hardware store and asked your question, I know your not leaning to krylon spray but that is the best for plastic.

However I asked if you did a primer like i mentioned he said about the same thing i did,re-touching would be.

but he also said since you wanted to paint with a brush you could get a can of krylon and cover your project and then when dry paint by hand what you want, since it will be covered and adhered then.
What are working on, the creative wheels are spinning grinnnn you have me curious...

Hope that helps a bit
Angie
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]